Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

18 minutes ago, Alunadelrey said:

Like someone said on here. We got you <3 I also don't post alot on here and I saw your post and wanted to send my thoughts and love. 

Thank you so much. Very aptly, it's Lana's saddest album to date. Grateful. 

I wish we could back to the era of cds / buying music on itunes only so that I could give this album to every damn member of my family on christmas. It’s literally the perfect music for winter especially now that we are coming into winter daylight savings whatever time. It sucks how streaming has taken the magic off gifting music especially with an album like this… it’s so darn special.

5 minutes ago, bigspender said:

this had me shook... theoretically, text book is the most recent song/state of mind she's in, and then in blue banisters, she starts recalling her entire past 10 years because Jenny asks her how she got on a John Deere and she starts having flashbacks to the everything that's happened since....... so that explains why she chose so many old songs to go on the album.... WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT ALBUM BB IS. I don't know if I've said this all correctly, but I feel like im starting to put together puzzle pieces in my head

I’m glad you heard me out bestie it makes sense in my head :D

edit: also I love your Laura pfp ❤️

5 minutes ago, soaringHigh said:

I wish we could back to the era of cds / buying music on itunes only so that I could give this album to every damn member of my family on christmas. It’s literally the perfect music for winter especially now that we are coming into winter daylight savings whatever time. It sucks how streaming has taken the magic off gifting music especially with an album like this… it’s so darn special.

I always go to the record store to buy Lana’s records on Saturday after release since I work fridays. It’s very special to me!

9 minutes ago, Obduration said:

I always go to the record store to buy Lana’s records on Saturday after release since I work fridays. It’s very special to me!

I wish stores that sell records. we don’t even have a proper one here in my “city” put up LDR stuff. I mean they didn’t even bother putting up Chemtrails I HIGHLY DOUBT they’ll even care about BB unless it makes buzz. Either way I bought my two vinyl. It’s the first LDR album I double dip and I KNEW this was going to be an amazing one. But I want to go to a store and get my cd at least 🥺

28 minutes ago, Obduration said:

I’m glad you heard me out bestie it makes sense in my head :D

edit: also I love your Laura pfp ❤️

thank u daddy obduration :usrs: and it makes so much sense… you unlocked part of my brain 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

It’s a shame the album will come out and she won’t do anything creative with it, not a string of singles or videos etc. things to get the music really out there and have it really get heard. 

I would love to see the BB Video, the tiny snipped she posted weeks ago got such a VIBE  :uncomfortable: but i think she scrapped that completly because of the breakup with clay, we will never see that thing :crying5:

Hopefully she will release a new video anyway, i mean just 2 proper Musicvideos for Chemtrails was a little bit of a let down :pft:

And i personally didn't like the WD Video at all, it was a little bit boring and the thing with her stunt double is a kind of :eek2:

4 hours ago, fantascination said:

first discovered Lana in 2011, with the Video Games MV; I was 13 years old. I'm 23 years old now. I literally grew up with Lana and her music. 

This is how I feel about Kesha. But with Lana I was 14 in 2014 listening to her for the first time - Summertime Sadness on the radio on the way back home thinking it was a Cher song :deadbanana:

4 minutes ago, The Siren said:

This is how I feel about Kesha. But with Lana I was 14 in 2014 listening to her for the first time - Summertime Sadness on the radio on the way back home thinking it was a Cher song :deadbanana:

I stan Kesha for life. i just love her so much 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

My father passed away yesterday. To say I'm heartbroken and devastated is an understatement.I cried throughout check-in and luggage check at the airport. Drowning my sorrows in a beer and played the album. I don't even care if it's good. I just want sad Lana songs for the plane ride. The mention of her father on Text Book brought me to tears again. I'm so thankful the album leaked to help me through this awful time, and whether I like it or not later down the line - I'm just grateful she put it out and is as productive and hard-working as she is. We're all blessed.

I am so sorry for your loss. My father passed away 13 years ago and every time Lana mentions her father, all I can think about is mine and how different my life would be if he was here. We are here for you and sending you lots of love and hugs.

4 hours ago, HunterSThompson said:

I'm having a hard time ranking the songs because I'm having a hard time enjoying the album but:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Arcadia
  2. Living Legend
  3. Thunder (very disappointed it's not the OG version)
  4. Nectar of the Gods
  5. Black Bathing Suit
  6. Dealer
  7. Textbook (would be higher, but that BLM line doesn't hit right...)
  8. Sweet Carolina
  9. Blue Banisters 
  10. If You Lie Down with Me
  11. Cherry Blossom
  12. Wildflower Wildfire
  13. Beautiful
  14. Violets for Roses
  15. The Trio

Is anyone else not feeling the album? I feel so left out, although I'm really happy everyone seems to love it! 

Spoiler

Listen to it if you're in a more emotional state (ready to break out in tears) and it will be overwhelming (especially songs like BBS, Beautiful, Thunder or CB)

Spoiler

Sweet Carolina is so feathery, light, and sweet. It's such a personal track. Like a lullaby. And Rob's "okay" in the beginning :crai:

What a delightful, perfect little song. It has the exact same kind of "dedicatedness" as Cherry Blossom and Living Legend

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.