Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

8 hours ago, fantascination said:

I just wanted to say this, and I have nowhere else to say it:

For me, Lana's music - especially Born to Die, Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon - is so nostalgic, and so evocative of my teenage years. It triggers those memories and those sensations for me in a way that nothing else does. I first discovered Lana in 2011, with the Video Games MV; I was 13 years old. I'm 23 years old now. I literally grew up with Lana and her music. 

I remember riding in my best friend's car when I sixteen years old, screaming the lyrics to Born to Die and Off to the Races, not really understanding what they meant back then, but, simultaneously, understanding exactly what they meant. I remember being sprawled out on my bed, drunk, listening to West Coast, feeling every inch of it in the marrow of my bones. I remember Honeymoon, and Art Deco, and The Blackest Day, and all of the things those songs made me feel.

Lana was an integral part of my childhood. An integral part of my formative years. And Blue Banisters feels like the ultimate cumulation of that; it feels, in a way, like we've grown and matured together. Here I am, ten years later, an adult who's seen so much and been so through so much in the last ten years. And I just feel like Blue Banisters reflects those feelings, and that maturation, so well.

I don't know. I'm drunk, and I'm probably being over-sentimental. But I can already tell that this album is going to be significant, and sentimental, to me.

This made me emotional :wowcry:

Loved reading this a lot , you spilled:trisha:

One of the most beautiful posts I saw on LB:heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

My favorite lines of each song:

Spoiler

Text Book:
Let’s rewrite history

Blue Banisters:
I said the power of us three can bring absolutely anything

Arcadia:
I'm a lost little girl

Black Bathing Suit:
I wish you could see to my soul through this black bathing suit

If You Lie Down with Me:
Don't say you're over me

Beautiful:
I can turn blue into something ... beautiful ... like you

Violet for Roses:
... with their masks off and it makes me so happy

Dealer:
Why can't you be good for something?

Thunder:
Just do it, don't wait

Wildflower Wildfire:
Baby, I, I, I, I've been runnin' on stardust alone for so long

Nectar of the Goods:
Once I found my way, but now I’m lost

Living Legend:
... send me straight to heaven

Cherry Blossom:
It's a cruel, cruel world but we don't care

Sweet Carolina:
Baby blues

Spoiler

I just listened to the string mix version of "Beautiful," and I really love it; to be honest, I prefer the string mix version, and I'm hoping it'll be the digital version, but if not, I'm not mad; both versions are lovely, but the string mix version makes me love this song even more; I didn't love it as much the first time I heard the piano version. Now, I'm currently listening to it (String Mix version) on repeat.

i could easily picture black bathing suit in LFL.

i get so much of this chaotic tracklist of LFL in BB.

for real, i’ll be waiting for BBS (Pop Smoke Trap Remix)

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

49 minutes ago, LanzDelRey said:
  Hide contents

I just listened to the string mix version of "Beautiful," and I really love it; to be honest, I prefer the string mix version, and I'm hoping it'll be the digital version, but if not, I'm not mad; both versions are lovely, but the string mix version makes me love this song even more; I didn't love it as much the first time I heard the piano version. Now, I'm currently listening to it (String Mix version) on repeat.

Spoiler

what string mix version??? :defeated:

52 minutes ago, LanzDelRey said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Omg, I just found it! If there's a bonus version, chances are good to be released as next single, right?

Lana makes a comeback on ig this weekend:zrDGqvH.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 minutes ago, Shades said:

wait why is no one talking about how different arcadia's production is on the l-word? there's so many additional instruments?

Spoiler

Why do I see no difference? lol I thought it was the same as the version available on streaming platforms.

13 minutes ago, Shades said:

wait why is no one talking about how different arcadia's production is on the l-word? there's so many additional instruments?

we already did. + that version isn't that new, this version has always been on the streaming versions and it's also in the alt. music video. 

Spoiler

Beautiful is the first Lana song to make me cry. God. It hits hard. And apparently there’s a STRINGS VERSION?! Stop miss lana my tear ducts can’t take it!! I can’t spare the moisture.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Dealer is actually the song Lana wrote when she decided to delete her social media. The verses sung by Miles are her telling us not to bother her anymore. She knows Lipsters are one hell of an investigative research team when it comes to information about Ms. Grant, so she really wants us to know we should NOT. CONTACT. HER: PERSONAL. ENVIRONMENT. including Rob, her doc and her dealer.

The chorus is Lana screaming at us for not being happy with CoCC and nagging about her birthday posts. She does not want to give us anything anymore, at least concerning hot selphies and instagram-promo. :troll:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

10 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Kinda worried that

Hide contents

this was the original mix and then Lana stripped it back for the actual release. We know the leak didn't have it on it, so I'm hoping that is just an early version of the record (Like how Fuck It I Love You had two mixes, my CD has the original mix). Because while Beautiful is one of my favourites, I think the strings make it even more distinct. And we know it's not just a random fan edit since the instruments are real and actually play the melody. 

Maybe Beautiful will be the next single and there is a second version for release? :um2: It would be a bit of a depature for her but other artists are constantly releasing '[My Song] (String Version' and I would be down for like her entire discography to get that treatment.

I would actually ascend if lana pit out Strings versions of all her songs….. Lana Del Orchestra

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Some of my favorite lines of each song:

Inspired by @bluechemtrails

Spoiler

Text Book:

Let's rewrite history / Maybe just the way we're different could set me free/ Do you think if I go blonde , we could get our old love back ?

Blue Banisters: Summer comes ,Winter goes, Spring I sleep,  Heaven knows 

Arcadia: 

All the roads that lead to you as integral as arteries that pump with blood that flows straight to the heart of me

BBS:

I wish you could see through my soul through this Black Bathing Suit /the first verse cause it's relatable to me/ actually many lines but I can't choose right now 

If You Lie Down With Me:

Dance me all around the moon , like six times till I'm sick & I cry 

Beautiful:

What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad?

Never known who he was or the man he'd become

There would be no blue period

Violets For Roses:

The whole song lol

Dealer:

I don't wanna liiiiiiiiiiiveee 

Thunder:

Just do it Just do it don't wait

WFWF: I've been running on stardust alone for so long

Nectar Of The Gods: 

Oh what cruel world is this, Nectar Of The Gods, Heroin gold in my veins you in my thoughts,  I'm on the freeway racing at a million and I just can’t stop/ Californ I.A ,Homeland of the gods,once I found my way but now I am lost 

Living Legend: 

I never meant to be bad or unwell
I was just livin' on the edge
Right between heaven and hell
And I'm tired of it

Cherry Blossom: 

What you don't tell no one, you can tell me

Little ghost, talk, tan like milk and honey / it's a cruel cruel world but we don't care 

Sweet Carolina:

Don’t have to write me a letter
‘Cause I’ll always be right here
Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

So for those who have heard the full album, did she really get her revenge on this album or is she exaggerating it again?

I’d say a sweet revenge? Maybe like when she said, in MAC, you took my sadness out of context? There are references to what people criticized her for, for sure. Sonically, maybe not as much. I’d say if you thought that she answered to her detractors on Arcadia, then you will find she adds a bit more to her revenge on BB. If you don’t think so, this aspect might leave you high and dry. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’d say a sweet revenge? Maybe like when she said, in MAC, you took my sadness out of context? There are references to what people criticized her for, for sure. Sonically, maybe not as much. I’d say if you thought that she answered to her detractors on Arcadia, then you will find she adds a bit more to her revenge on BB. If you don’t think so, this aspect might leave you high and dry. 

I'd add to this that the juxtaposition of songs like Violets For Roses and Dealer or Arcadia and The Trio aswell as the inclusion of songs from a time where critics really went all in on her might be her idea of revenge. Plus there is the hot mess that is Black Bathing Suit

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

7 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

So for those who have heard the full album, did she really get her revenge on this album or is she exaggerating it again?

It's not an "angry" revenge but some songs and lyrics are about 

Spoiler

The perception of the media towards her and her feelings. BBS outro gets wild tho

giphy.gif