Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

11 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

So what i’m understanding is I CANNOT go to Target Friday to pick up my BB vinyl until the week later…

I believe that is the case

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Ok so if you lie down with me is just a "nice" version of cola, actually inspired by barrie too.

Lol i knew lana was going to shade his gf in some way,putting this on her album is that.Rihanna "cake" move.

So does that mean barrie is the blue banisters guy after all

Blue banisters out oct 22

2 minutes ago, The Baradise Edition said:

Ok so if you lie down with me is just a "nice" version of cola, actually inspired by barrie too.

Lol i knew lana was going to shade his gf in some way,putting this on her album is that.Rihanna "cake" move.

So does that mean barrie is the blue banisters guy after all

Blue Banisters guy is most probs Sean

Spoiler

I feel like everyone’s  view of album couldn’t be more different like some people saying BBS chaotic hot mess and some said amazing radio single and some saying deep and poetic like what is happening. Is it ballad or Selena Gomez song.truly unsure.This is first time I’ve gone into a Lana album release without having any idea of what vibe she’s putting out. I’m loving reading everyone's spoilers without having listened but I’m so lost.  Is it folky ballads or chaotic radio hits help me. All I know is I’m excited because it sounds iconic and deep and special. Im almost more excited for my tenth listen then my first. 

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like everyone’s  view or album couldn’t be more different like some people saying BBS chaotic hot mess and some said amazing radio single and some saying deep and poetic like what is happening. This is first time I’ve gone into a Lana album release without having any idea of what vibe she’s putting out. I’m loving reading everyone's spoilers without having listened but I’m so lost.  Is it folky ballads or chaotic radio hits help me. All I know is I’m excited because it sounds iconic and deep and special. Im almost more excited for my tenth listen then my first. 

SaMe!!!! It feels like we’re about to walk into a wild Lana musical potluck lmao

2 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

I feel like everyone’s  view of album couldn’t be more different like some people saying BBS chaotic hot mess and some said amazing radio single and some saying deep and poetic like what is happening. 

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit is all 3 of those things tbh :true: It is such an incredible song, I think it's my favourite off the album. The kind of genius that won't make sense to everyone at first but once it clicks it's mindblowingly good. :wowcry::grinds::cryney2:

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

I feel like everyone’s  view of album couldn’t be more different like some people saying BBS chaotic hot mess and some said amazing radio single and some saying deep and poetic like what is happening. Is it ballad or Selena Gomez song.truly unsure.This is first time I’ve gone into a Lana album release without having any idea of what vibe she’s putting out. I’m loving reading everyone's spoilers without having listened but I’m so lost.  Is it folky ballads or chaotic radio hits help me. All I know is I’m excited because it sounds iconic and deep and special. Im almost more excited for my tenth listen then my first. 

it's hard to describe in its entirety. 

there are some folk undertones however the sound is totally unique. there are psychedelic rock influences, classical, blues, jazz, and some folky rock. you can't really stick a single genre on blue banisters as the only way to accurately describe it is Lana Del rey. 

faSE.gif

Spoiler

Who the song is made for/referring to:

Text Book/Violets for Roses - Sean

Blue Banisters - Sean/Clay

If You Lie Down With Me/Nectar of the Gods - Barrie

Wildflower Wildfire - The public/media

Living Legend - Jane Powers

Cherry Blossom - her fictional daughter, Angelina

Sweet Carolina - Chuck

Nobody/unknown:

Arcadia, The Trio, Black Bathing Suit, Beautiful, Dealer, Thunder

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Spoiler

LL, CB and NotG ARE yt rips, maybe even worse, soudcloud rips. I checked the lossless CD rip files and they aren't even 192kbps, even UFB is higher quality

6 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Sweet Carolina - Chuck

Nobody/unknown:

I’m gonna go ahead and say dealer: g-eazy :creep:

especially given it was written late 2017 after that whole thing happened 

5 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Sweet Carolina - Chuck

Nobody/unknown:

Arcadia, bbs, beautiful are also about the media, thunder is prolly about barrie too or jonathan? Dealer is prolly about barrie as well 

8 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:
  Hide contents

LL, CB and NotG ARE yt rips, maybe even worse, soudcloud rips. I checked the lossless CD rip files and they aren't even 192kbps, even UFB is higher quality

Spoiler

Yeah, it amazes me how WILD was the choice of using such LQ files to put in the CD. At least we have the original leaks, which are basically the same AND in either lossless (NOTG, CB) or 320 (LL). Very, very strange move from her team.

Or... was it her saying "you've had these all this time anyways, little fuckers, so here you go. Here, stream the files in even worse quality than the ones you actually managed to get"? :makeup2: 

It's truly her revenge era :angie: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I think the leaker got these from youtube cause one file contained a diffeent cherry blossom with a different cover as if it was added separately as another file…maybe the album version is more polished and better who knows

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Yeah, it amazes me how WILD was the choice of using such LQ files to put in the CD. At least we have the original leaks, which are basically the same AND in either lossless (NOTG, CB) or 320 (LL). Very, very strange move from her team.

Or... was it her saying "you've had these all this time anyways, little fuckers, so here you go. Here, stream the files in even worse quality than the ones you actually managed to get"? :makeup2: 

It's truly her revenge era :angie: 

Her mind :godlaugh:

2 minutes ago, Sadaurora said:
  Hide contents

I think the leaker got these from youtube cause one file contained a diffeent cherry blossom with a different cover as if it was added separately as another file…maybe the album version is more polished and better who knows

The problem is: every insider already said that she used lq versions. The spec test only confirmed it. You know, it's strange but it's true darling

18 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Within the album I would say it’s very close to Text Book but a lot crazier.

There are crow sounds and creepy piano in the beginning and the verses have this very gothic ballad-esque allure… then the tempo changes as the chorus kicks in and the arrangement reminds me of Dark But Just a Game as it’s a nice jazzy beat but then the tempo changes again into the post chorus which is just a very dark, surreal, cacophonous moment with a lot of heavy drums and screaming back up vocals. The outro is very very intense. Nothing like you’ve ever heard from her. 

IMG-7960.jpg