Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Favorite lyrics from each track:
its a little long winded but I myself think its a GOOD READ

Spoiler

Textbook:

1) "there we were in the crowd screaming black lives matter and you saw, you saw who i am" - controversial but i really liked how she addressed it head on and showed she is with the shits

2) "can we do this dance again, do you think if i go blonde we could get our old love back" - this part always hits me hard because its so sad to desperately try even the littlest of things to reignite an old and dying spark

Blue Banisters:

1) "Jenny was smoking by the pool, we were writing with nikki lane, I said im scared of the Santa Clarita fires I wish that it would raaaaain" - so fucking gorgeous I get chills every time i hear it

2) "every time it turns to May, all my sisters fly to me to paint" - just so gorgeous, i love the imagery of once every may she meets with her support system

Arcadia:

1) "My chest, the Sierra Madre, my hips, every high and byway, that you trace with your fingertips like a Toyota, run your hands over me like a Land Rover" - once again just beautiful imagery

2) "my heart is like paper, I hate ya" - too relatable with me and the men I encounter in my life HA

3) "IM LEAVIN THEM AS I WAS 5 FOOT 8 WESTERN BOUND PLUS THE HATE THAT THEY GAVE ON THE WAY ILL PRAY FOR YA" -....a serve

Black Bathing Suit:

1) " the only time you'll ever see me Is in your dreams, in my black bathing suit, looking at me looking over at you, real cute" - I love when Lana acts up like this

2) "you said I was bad let me show you how bad girls do, cause no one does it better" -PERIOD THIS IS THE REMINDEDER LANA NEEDED TO GIVE TO ALL THE POP GIRLIES THAT THOUGHT SHE WAS OLD AND WASHED UP...NO ONE DOES IT BETTER BABE

If You Lie Down With Me:

1) "Dont say you're over me, when we both know that you aint" - BEYOND relatable with a specific old flame I occasionally talk to. Will NEVER be over this bussy :hooker:

Beautiful:

1) "if i could be more like you i would but i cant and im glad about that" - reminds me of black beauty when she said she made her life dark for him but kept her lips red because she cant fully be like him

2) "I can turn blue into something beautiful like you" - i have blue eyes, literally all my t-shirts are blue, if theres a blue option of anything (candy, phones, trinkets, food) i always choose blue, my friends associate that color with me, and its known as a sad color but I love pushing the boundaries with blue, so this lyric just spoke to my soul

3) "dont turn me into something im not theres no way to sustain it" -Fucking love that, because you can't change who you are to be with someone, eventually you will have to let your true self show

Violets for Roses:

"he girls are running round in summer dresses with their masks off and it makes me so happy, Larchmont Village smells like lilies of the valley, and the bookstore doors are opening
and it's finally happening" - I love this because I as well cant wait till the pandemic is fully over and things are back to normal. Over the summer seeing the mask mandate be lifted for a few months and shops opening again really made me happy as well

Dealer:

1) lana screaming

Thunder:

1) "You roll like thunder, when you come crashing in, regattas in the wind, that's why you're visiting" - This part has always made me sad because the reason hes in town is not to see her, but to see the boat races, and idk that just makes me sad because she clearly loves the man

2) "that lightning in the bottle, that movie in your head, you try to see the brightside when each new day begins, but you're not satisfied at the rainbow's end" - again, painfully beautiful

3) "if our love just means goodbye then baby better walk away" - UGH TOO RELATABLE

Wildflower Wildfire:

1) "Ive been running on star dust alone for so long" -me at the end of my 8 hour shift at work....

Nectar of the Gods:

1) "call you up twice hang up the phone, call again I wanna talk" - ....if this isnt a personal attack @ me about the old flame I related a lyric to earlier in the post...then Idk what is!

2) "wild and fucking crazy like the color blue" - LOVE this because I always feel like the color blue has volumes of meanings besides just "sad"

3) "I used to dream about people like you now i dont know why, i used to sing about people like you, now i just get high" -....OUCH....

Living Legend:

1) "baby you, all the things you do, and the ways you move, send me straight to heaven" - this lyric really sums up the feeling when you're falling in love with someone and all the little things they do, weather it be a small facial expression while talking or thinking, or just getting something from the refrigerator, just makes you happy, and you feel like you got sent straight to heaven

2) "I never meant to be bad or unwell, i was just living on the edge, right between heaven and hell...and I'm tired of it" - ugh too too good!!

Cherry Blossom:

1) this whole song just really makes me think about my late mother, she heard this song when it leaked (which was exactly a year before she passed) and she adored it, so the whole thing is just so special to me

Sweet Carolina:

this entire song is just a complete smash and the first time in a long time I actually full out cried while listening to music (im weird and like rarely ever cry?) but the lyric I absolutely adore in this song is somewhat random but when she goes "Jason is out in the lawn and he power washes every time something goes wrong", its just so specific and almost reminds me of Phoebe Bridgers writing style of incorporating such specific things that only the people the song is for or involved in the song will understand, but also not so far out that the general audience wont understand.

So many of these men Lana writes songs about really don't deserve to have inspired such good songs

Spoiler

Like, the fact that VFR is about fucking S e a n?? :awk: Same goes for the Chemtrails title track

imageproxy.jpg

29 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

I feel like everyone’s  view of album couldn’t be more different like some people saying BBS chaotic hot mess and some said amazing radio single and some saying deep and poetic like what is happening. Is it ballad or Selena Gomez song.truly unsure.This is first time I’ve gone into a Lana album release without having any idea of what vibe she’s putting out. I’m loving reading everyone's spoilers without having listened but I’m so lost.  Is it folky ballads or chaotic radio hits help me. All I know is I’m excited because it sounds iconic and deep and special. Im almost more excited for my tenth listen then my first. 

26 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Blue Banisters

what I expected:

Hide contents

offset_1084860.jpg

what I got:

Hide contents

schloss-disney-neuschwanstein.jpg

the post below yours is very accurate. there are simply no radio hits for this album, no matter what anyone says. i can see how it might be underwhelming for certain people, but i can see how many people love it. if you like classic lana, you’ll probably like it 

giphy.gif

Are you fucking serious?  Your Dealer shut your stupid mouth. Your telling people to leek her music that she worked so hard creating. Can't fucking just wait like everyone else? Like your so fucking special and should listen before others, like somehow that makes you cool? Nope, you just look like a douche. ✌️❤️

33 minutes ago, living legend said:

“mail me when you get the BluUUuuEeEESSs” 

i laugh every single time. 

laughing-hysterically-trying-not-to-laug

Can someone explain what this line means IN THE CONTEXT of the lyrics around it

Ot: The way I never cared for IYLDWM and it’s becoming my favorite now :wowcry:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

29 minutes ago, your dealer said:

it's hard to describe in its entirety. 

there are some folk undertones however the sound is totally unique. there are psychedelic rock influences, classical, blues, jazz, and some folky rock. you can't really stick a single genre on blue banisters as the only way to accurately describe it is Lana Del rey. 

Wait where?

tenor.gif?itemid=19245616

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

During the Chemtrails era I was at my lowest point, dealing with my now ex boyfriend. I used to daydream about us when listening to that album, but I also felt really lonely during that whole ordeal. Now, It’s been over a month since I completely put a stop to it and this album helps with that growth. I’ve sobbed to Arcadia on the last car ride home from his place, Violets for Roses made me realize that I can love myself a little more now, If You Lie Down With Me is a great track to acknowledge a person of the past. This album overall is brutal in reminiscence but for that exact reason, it’s so intimate. As for genre of this album, there’s not a pinpoint. It’s just GOOD. There’s a passion in it that I feel we haven’t gotten since UV maybe. She sounds honest, loud, clear, REAL. For the people who haven’t heard it… you’re in for a great album. 

giphy.gif

I remember when ultra and honey came out and a lot of people Loveeeeedddd them and quite a few didnt

and we all know those two albums are considered Lanas most important albums

THIS album feels like that too

like she says, if everyone likes it then it must not be that great SHE SPILLEDDDSD

The direction she’s going based on this album, phew we’re one of the only fandoms that gets quality AND quantity she’s so fucking great, the greatest 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Blue Banisters track ranking (as of now):

1. Black Bathing Suit

2. If You Lie Down with Me

3. Wildflower Wildfire

4. Cherry Blossom

5. Text Book

6. Thunder

7. Blue Banisters

8. Arcadia

9. Dealer

10. Beautiful

11. Violets for Roses

12. Nectar of the Gods

13. Sweet Carolina

14. Living Legend

15. Interlude - The Trio

This album is especially hard to rank with the mix of new songs and songs that I’ve been familiar with for a while.

Also,

even though I love them, I definitely feel like the album would be better without the 3 2013 songs. They really throw off the flow of the album and make it less cohesive. I’m glad that these songs are still special to Lana though. 

:wub:

15 minutes ago, bigspender said:

the post below yours is very accurate. there are simply no radio hits for this album, no matter what anyone says. i can see how it might be underwhelming for certain people, but i can see how many people love it. if you like classic lana, you’ll probably like it 

Spoiler

I think that Thunder & Black Bathing Suit (in a cute shorter radio edit) are perfect radio hits .. I had a bigger struggle to find one on Chemtrails (except for the title track ♡) .. remember that Video Games was/is a also a massive radio edit without being upbeat ..  but these songs are catchy af