Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, ADDICTEDTOLANA said:

When I try to enter this page from my phone it says that the IP address is not found, but when in on my pc everything is fine. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Delete the 🍪, I had the same issue

24 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Guys can someone please tell me if Thunder still has any indie rock vibes or were the drums and guitars removed and replaced with only…

Reveal hidden contents

strings and piano? I really hope it still has that jangly indie rock vibe at least a little! IM NERVOUS

Spoiler

Not rock per se but I think you are still going to love it!! It starts very lowkey but it keeps building and building and is just lovely :wub:

Spoiler

Also, this NOTG slander is alarming. It is so stark and stunning and fits beautifully on the album.

24 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

There's a lot of connections lyrically within songs on the album that I've noticed. Here's a little "masterlist" I've complied of some of the ones I picked up on. I feel like these really point to the themes of the album.

Hide contents

Lana's Parents: "I was looking for the father I wanted back", "You got a Thunderbird, my daddy had one too" "God, I wish I was with my father" - Text Book

"I'm not friends with my mother, I still love my dad" - Black Bathing Suit 

"My father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me" - Wildflower Wildfire 

Cruel world: "I wouldn't know how cruel the world was" - Wildflower Wildfire

"What cruel world is this, nectar of the gods?" - Nectar of the Gods

"It's a cruel, cruel world, but we don't care" - Cherry Blossom

Painting/art: "Paint my banisters blue", "Now when weather turns to May, all my sisters come to paint my banisters green...and grey"  - Blue Banisters 

"What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad? Never known who he was or the man he'd become, there would be no blue period" - Beautiful 

Phones: "Please don't try to find me through my dealer, he won't pick up his phone", "555-987-455, now you've got a busy tone, all circuits are busy" - Dealer

"I call you up twice, hang up the phone, call again, I wanna talk" - Nectar of the Gods

"You name your babe Lilac Heaven after your iPhone 11" - Sweet Carolina

Fire/burning: "I'm scared of the Santa Clarita fires, I wish that it would rain" - Blue Banisters

"My lips like the fire licks the bay" - Arcadia 

"Burn by fire without trial like a stowaway" - If You Lie Down With Me

"Cause if you're on fire, you're on fire, just keeping burning" - Thunder

"I wouldn't know what hot fire was", "hot fire, hot weather, hot coffee, I'm better", "not to turn into a wildfire to light up your night", "I'll do my best never to turn into something that burns/I promise that nothing will burn you" - Wildflower Wildfire 

Flowers - "There were flowers that were dry, they were sitting on the dresser" - Blue Banisters

"Larchmont village (?) smells like lilies of the valley", "You made me trade my violets for roses", "God knows the only mistake a man can make is trying to make woman trade her violets for roses"  - Violets for Roses

"I'll lie down like a bed of wildflower and I'll always make the sheets smell like gardenias wild at your feet", "I'll be like the wildflower" - Wildflower Wildfire

"I push you high, cherry blossom", "dandelions in your hair, baby" - Cherry Blossom 

"You name your babe Lilac Heaven" - Sweet Carolina

California, places in California: "And I thought I found it in Brentwood" - Text Book

"I'm scared of the Santa Clarita fires, I wish that it would rain" - Blue Banisters

"My body is a map of L.A", "My chest the Sierra Madre", "Arcadia, all roads that lead to you as integral to me as arteries", "My curves, San Gabriel all day" - Arcadia

"LA, 'hey' on Zoom, Target parking lot (?)"  - Black Bathing Suit

"Larchmont village (?) smells like lilies of the valley", "like the Paramount sign sparkling just for me" - Violets for Roses

"California, homeland of the gods" Nectar of the Gods

Blue: "Standing blue with open arms" - Text Book

"Said he'd come every May just to help me if I paint my banisters blue", "All my sisters come to paint my banisters green, my blue banisters grey" - Blue Banisters

"Mail me when you get the blues" - Black Bathing Suit

"What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad? Never known who he was or the man he'd become, there would be no blue period", "I can turn blue into something" - Beautiful 

"I get wild and fucking crazy like the color blue" - Nectar of the Gods

"Might be unprepared for having the baby blues", "If you're ever stressed out, just dance in the night, if you get those baby blues" 

Angels/Heaven: "Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows" - Blue Banisters

"I stand straight like an angel with a halo" - Arcadia 

"I sing like an angel, my heart's like one too" - Black Bathing Suit

"Angelina on your sycamore tree" (it counts i don't care) - Cherry Blossom 

"You name your babe Lilac Heaven" - Sweet Carolina 

These are just a few that came to my mind, but I most likely forgot a bunch lol 

Whew! Thanks for the list

3 minutes ago, ADDICTEDTOLANA said:

When I try to enter this page from my phone it says that the IP address is not found, but when in on my pc everything is fine. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I have a similar issue, I can't log in on my computer. Deleted all the cookies, cache, even deleted and installed the browser again and nothing :bebe: 

@mods is there any other solution :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, DCooper said:

Hide contents

Not rock per se but I think you are still going to love it!! It starts very lowkey but it keeps building and building and is just lovely :wub:

Hide contents

Also, this NOTG slander is alarming. It is so stark and stunning and fits beautifully on the album.

Spoiler

I actually really disagree re: NOTG. Melodically it’s really cute and quickly catchy but the lyricism is really subpar when compared with the triple singles + Arcadia + BBS + VFR + SC, etc.

Actually that’s my biggest issue with this album and the reason it isn’t gelling immediately for me like her previous albums did: there’s a clear discrepancy between the outtakes and the rest of the album, lyrically speaking - and it’s kinda off putting. In 1/2 of the album she’s doing sung poetry with experimental production (by her standards) and in the outtakes it feels like 2013/2014 Lana all over again and it doesn’t make any sense.

I really like BB and I think it’ll be a huge grower but it’s far from being her most consistent, congruent work. Even Chemtrails was more cohesive lyrically speaking.

IMG-7960.jpg

10 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

I DONT WANNA LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

brandy-brandy-running.gif

I DON'T WANNA GIVE YOU NOTHING :scream: 

'CAUSE YOU NEVER GIVE ME NOTHing back :sideeye:

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GOOD FOR SOMETHING :willcut: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

How are you guys ranking this album? It's hard for me to even pick a least favorite because they're all so good.

It's impossible for me cause I try to rank based on the new songs but then I remember how good the 4 singles are :wowcry:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Ok i think it’s her second worst record, still very good but yeah. TB, BB & WW are career highlights and i wish she wrote entire album with that type of sound, growth and maturity. It sucks that she decided to add then next to tracks like Living Legend or Nectar Of The Gods. You can clearly tell that certain tracks are old Lana and i kinda hate that. It doesn’t feel cohesive. This almost feels like a mush up/compilation of 2 possible albums - old lana with her “fucking crazy” attitude tortured and boy crazy & current lana that’s calmer grown up and reflective. also much more poetic and lyrical. 

18 hours ago, UhaulJ0e said:

For me at least, 100% yes, it's in my top 3! Some aspects of it take some contemplating, but after a few listens it's become one of my favorites

Can u send it to me, plsss? I can't find anywhere, I am desperate

mod note: user has been warned for this post

Edited by admin
Requesting illegal downlink links to leaks of copyrighted content intended for official release through purchase & streaming is not allowed x

My ranking so far:

Spoiler

1. Wildflower Wildfire (masterpiece)

2. Black Bathing Suit (masterpiece)

3. Dealer (masterpiece)

4. Thunder - Official Version (the original demo would rank higher)

5. Sweet Carolina (one of her best melody arrangements ever tbh!)

6. Blue Banisters (perfection)

7. Violets For Roses (huge huge grower; love it more and more with each listen)

8. If You Lie Down With Me (amazing outro)

9. Text Book (the BLM line remains off-putting)

10. Beautiful (the lyricism is too inconsistent)

11. Living Legend (would be ranked higher with a richer production but that guitar-voice effect is breathtaking)

12. Arcadia (it’s growing tho)

13. Cherry Blossom (never truly loved this song)

14. Nectar of The Gods (useless in this tracklist)

IMG-7960.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone know how and why there exists Beautiful Strings Mix? Who made it just right after the album leak?

Spoiler

beautiful w/ strings is the digital version, beautiful w/o strings is the CD version (allegedly)

Now that we heard the album, if she ever tours again... what songs do you think she'd sing? 

Spoiler

I know she probably will stick to the same LA to the Moon Tour setlist, but ya'know...

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Now that we heard the album, if she ever tours again... what songs do you think she'd sing? 

Hide contents

I know she probably will stick to the same LA to the Moon Tour setlist, but ya'know...

Thunder would make an amazing closer/fan-greeting song, although who knows if she'll even do that part of her show anymore given the pandemic.

I would also really love to hear IYLDWM, but something tells me she probably wouldn't do any of the older stuff/stuff she wrote pre-2015 (NOTG, CB, LL). Hopefully IYLDWM could be different as it didn't leak? :crai: