Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I haven't listened yet, waiting till midnight Thursday, but the hate some of y'all have for the new songs scares me. 

I loved Wildflower Wildfire. & obviously the unreleased I adore/find them to be so iconic.

now that I think about it, BlueBannisters was half done by the time COTCC was released in March of 2020... 5(all the unreleased: Dealer, Cherry Blossom, Nectar, LL, Thunder) then a few months later we heard (BB, TB, WW)3 + Arcadia = 4, leaving us with 6 entirely new songs written by Lana which we have no idea when they were journaled/created except from what ive read Black Bathing Suit must have been done back in quarantine, so maybe 5 new songs left. 

Maybe that was the reason she deleted instagram, was it became too much a focus of her to tease us with possible new songs? idk. 

I am so beyond excited tho, and cannot wait to support our queen Friday! 

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

At this point, we have a lot we could use for a Lana x Barrie playlist. 

Brooklyn Baby

Unidentified Flying Bill

Necter of the Gods

Riverside

Living Legend

If You Lie Down With Me

Summerwine

wasnt there one other collab they did? or am I missing anything?

IIRC Barrie played guitar on Some Things Last a Long Time

whatarecoloris.jpg

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

didnt they do Cherry Blossom?

Hmm i wasn't sure, I didn't see any writing credits from him on that one, only Rick but I could be wrong

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

31 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I haven't listened yet, waiting till midnight Thursday, but the hate some of y'all have for the new songs scares me. 

its not hate, its unfamiliarity. were not as used to the new songs as we are to the rest of the album.

we're used to them and have already grown to love them. the new ones are (obvi) new to us, and in turn take time to fully immerse ourselves into completely. x 

NECTAR OF THE GODS is the moment. Now. Let's talk about THAT.

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Evil Lana series 

kLXYLoE.jpg

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

The more I listen the more I am expecting rave reviews. I don't see how critics could possibly not love this album, it is such a great project, and with her leaving social media and keeping a low profile lately, they really don't have much to come at her for other than the music, and they'll just look stupid if they try and focus on old controversies. 

The way she said on insta 

PPPPPLLEEEEEEASE DOOOOON’TTTT TRY TO FIND ME THRUUUU MAH RETAILERRRRRR, I HAVEN’T BEEN MEAN FOR YEARS…. I’M NOT AT FUCKING TARGET EIIIIIIITHERRRRR

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

39 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The more I listen the more I am expecting rave reviews. I don't see how critics could possibly not love this album, it is such a great project, and with her leaving social media and keeping a low profile lately, they really don't have much to come at her for other than the music, and they'll just look stupid if they try and focus on old controversies. 

I hope you're right, because it's growing on me more and more with each listen. I'm expecting the worst :trisha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

that forehead 😍

she really said "forehead-sama"

Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-OVA-nt5g3vdu

2 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

I loved Wildflower Wildfire. & obviously the unreleased I adore/find them to be so iconic.

now that I think about it, BlueBannisters was half done by the time COTCC was released in March of 2020... 5(all the unreleased: Dealer, Cherry Blossom, Nectar, LL, Thunder) then a few months later we heard (BB, TB, WW)3 + Arcadia = 4, leaving us with 6 entirely new songs written by Lana which we have no idea when they were journaled/created except from what ive read Black Bathing Suit must have been done back in quarantine, so maybe 5 new songs left. 

Maybe that was the reason she deleted instagram, was it became too much a focus of her to tease us with possible new songs? idk. 

I am so beyond excited tho, and cannot wait to support our queen Friday! 

don't worry, the album is gold ♥️

I love it so much. I have Thunder, Violets For Roses, If You Lie Down With Me, Black Bathing Suit, Beautiful, Dealer, Nectar Of The Gods & Living Legend on repeat since the l-word ♡ 

imo it's miles better than COTCC.

I really dont understand how people could believe the target story. As if she wasn‘t used to her records getting sold too early or leaking? Nowadays almost everything leaks. And do you remember how she laughed about it when Love leaked? Also why should she go to a random target and have a mental breakdown when there are literally thousands of them? :what:

The things the (fake) LB insiders said was somehow funny. But this stuff is just ridiculous :hide:

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

I really dont understand how people could believe the target story. As if she wasn‘t used to her records getting sold too early or leaking? Nowadays almost everything leaks. And do you remember how she laughed about it when Love leaked? Also why should she go to a random target and have a mental breakdown when there are literally thousands of them? :what:

The things the (fake) LB insiders said was somehow funny. But this stuff is just ridiculous :hide:

I''m screaming I thought the same about how absurd it is :air:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana, slithers into said random Target, hours before her flight to New York to film a performance and promote Blue Banisters, and asks to speak with the manager:

"Question for the Culture: Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani, Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being sexy...why the FUCK are you putting my album out early? FUCK YOU. I'll pray for you, and that filthy mouth of yours. My record label doesn't let me do anything. Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but #BLM #StreamTextBookStupidFucks" 

13 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I''m screaming I thought the same about how absurd it is :air:

The way Ben and Lana had to address this story :air:

i mean i have no clue what goes on behind the scenes but from my v limited view i wish lana felt more confident in ben and ed being forceful n protective n aggressive enough to shut down idiot situations like this without her having to lift a finger :hair: 

and just realised i posted this in the wrong thread :hair:

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png