Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I kinda wish the unreleased were reworked cause even though I really like them as they are I'm not going back to them that much cause I already overplayed them years ago :icant:

When listening to the full album I don't mind them at all tho

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I kinda wish the unreleased were reworked cause even though I really like them as they are I'm not going back to them that much cause I already overplayed them years ago :icant:

I expected to feel that way but I'm not really overplaying the album to where it's noticeable... plus kind of fair play for a revenge album 

I was kinda iffy on the album when i first heard it, but now every song has grown on me, except for black bathing suit. idk if anyone cares but i’ll put the reason why in the spoilers

EDIT: To be clear, i absolutely love this fucking album. I think i LOVE every other song, so i’m hoping BBS clicks with me so this can be skipless for me.

Spoiler

I feel like the song is so diverse from a structural standpoint that the producers and maybe even lana herself didn’t really know how to stitch it all together? I also feel like at times it feels like just vocals over those super chaotic drums, with really sparse piano and even sparser guitar. I think the chords behind the melody needed to be more prominent to make it make sense— but im getting the feeling that it wasnt her goal to make it make sense. I can hear the chords but the volume of them just isnt enough (for me). Even louder piano wouldve done the trick. Electric guitar, strings, or even a synth wouldve been great.

Im mostly curious to see how critics and the GA will respond to this one, not that it matters. But it seems like everyone here really likes this song and I dont want to yuck anyones yum.

Okay im done.

Edited by woolridges
clarified

Was it BOZ that said that Living Legend was only sightly reworked, or was it lustforlife? :eartha2:

Spoiler

Either way, that song is perfection! :makeup2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

48 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I want the next one to have a completely different vibe and for that to happen there needs to be some time and space between releases.

have you seen the space of time between ultraviolence and honeymoon though? or even between paradise and ultraviolence. totally different albums.

time between the projects ≠ differences between them

I also like her play on words, which she spreads again in this album. There's a lot of subtle humor in it:

Spoiler

Blue Banisters:
pain / paint

Arcadia:
A miracle / America

Black Bathing Suite:
I like you a lot / parking lot
bad / better

If You Lie Down with Me:
July / you lie / lying (ambiguous)

Violets for Roses:
There's something in the air / I hope it doesn't change (reference to Change)

Thunder:
Mr. Brightside / bright side
lightning / wind / rainbow / rain (weather related)

Wildflower Wildfire:
hot (fire) / burns / light up (fire related)
star dust / star drip IV

And the different flowers throughout the album: violets, roses, wildflowers, dandelions etc.

57 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Looking at what she did to Thunder I'm glad she did not touch any of the others

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i'm glad i saved Arcadia till i listened to the album b/c it makes me enjoy that song so much more. it's such a beautiful and underrated track. Disney soundtrack vibes for sure.  :krylie:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

48 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

have you seen the space of time between ultraviolence and honeymoon though? or even between paradise and ultraviolence. totally different albums.

time between the projects ≠ differences between them

Not comparable imo. Different stages of her career, different priorities, different motivations and no pandemic in 2014/15

If you think she's gonna churn out something completely different to COCC and BB in the next 6 or so months you are kidding yourself

I don't even know why anyone would want that

She hasn't even released this one yet

Let the woman BREATHE

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

27 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

thunder demo was so flat, didn’t have any type of dynamic… idk why y’all love it so much compared to the album version which actually has like a progression and more instruments 

The real tea is she should've kept if off of the album

Is the show this Friday going to be an interview as well or just performance. I hope she performs with Blue Banisters she would be amazing live. 

or sweet Carolina 

or BBS

or any song on the album tbh Ouff 10/10

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Spoiler

After listening the Thunder demo we've had now that I've heard the album version, the demo sounds so empty to be honest. It's like, it's just the same thing over and over again instrumentally. I'm glad that the final uses more and actually builds on it. I prefer it so much 

imageproxy.jpg

11 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

I haven't listened yet, waiting till midnight Thursday, but the hate some of y'all have for the new songs scares me. 

I loved Wildflower Wildfire. & obviously the unreleased I adore/find them to be so iconic.

now that I think about it, BlueBannisters was half done by the time COTCC was released in March of 2020... 5(all the unreleased: Dealer, Cherry Blossom, Nectar, LL, Thunder) then a few months later we heard (BB, TB, WW)3 + Arcadia = 4, leaving us with 6 entirely new songs written by Lana which we have no idea when they were journaled/created except from what ive read Black Bathing Suit must have been done back in quarantine, so maybe 5 new songs left. 

Maybe that was the reason she deleted instagram, was it became too much a focus of her to tease us with possible new songs? idk. 

I am so beyond excited tho, and cannot wait to support our queen Friday! 

believe me, don't let anyone's opinions here change your mind. there's still a lot of greatness to be heard ;) i don't wanna spoil anything for you tho so just keep an open mind going into it. i love it and think you might too if your favorites from her were some of her earlier albums :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole