Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

18 minutes ago, Super Movie said:
  Hide contents

After listening the Thunder demo we've had now that I've heard the album version, the demo sounds so empty to be honest. It's like, it's just the same thing over and over again instrumentally. I'm glad that the final uses more and actually builds on it. I prefer it so much 

Spoiler

Me too! The only thing I like more about the demo are the back vocals in the chorus 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Not comparable imo. Different stages of her career, different priorities, different motivations and no pandemic in 2014/15

If you think she's gonna churn out something completely different to COCC and BB in the next 6 or so months you are kidding yourself

I don't even know why anyone would want that

She hasn't even released this one yet

Let the woman BREATHE

Stans can be a bit unrealistic ( not coming at the user who said that, in general). Lana puts out music extremely frequently compared to the industry average and yet you’ll see people calling her Lazy Del Rey. Like, guys she cant be in the recording booth 10 hours every day. Let her have a life she’s in her late 30’s lol. She is very prolific. I think social media is a factor. We check Lanaboards everyday which is great but i think it puts into our minds we need more lana content all the time where as naturally we’d probably only  think of her every few months “ hey is she working on new  music rn?”

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Spoiler

So I'm kinda obsessed with BBS and honestly not just in the positive way. I keep coming back to it and trying to understand why she made some decisions in the last minute and a half. Like those drums, her vocals, the clownery at 4:07. It's so intentionally...ugly? IDK how to crack this song so far. Did somebody else go through this and ended up really liking the whole thing?

2 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Stans can be a bit unrealistic ( not coming at the user who said that, in general). Lana puts out music extremely frequently compared to the industry average and yet you’ll see people calling her Lazy Del Rey. Like, guys she cant be in the recording booth 10 hours every day. Let her have a life she’s in her late 30’s lol. She is very prolific. I think social media is a factor. We check Lanaboards everyday which is great but i think it puts into our minds we need more lana content all the time where as naturally we’d probably only  think of her every few months “ hey is she working on new  music rn?”

And she's said she wants to have children...if she has one or more biologically, and she has her first child, say, next year, she'll be 57 when the child graduates high school. Nothing wrong with that. But, there is such a thing as life and living, and she's been singing about that a lot lately, from 'Venice Bitch' to the COCC title track to songs on BB. 

Just now, Rocket0212 said:

So I'm kinda obsessed with BBS and honestly not just in the positive way. I keep coming back to it and trying to understand why she made some decisions in the last minute and a half. Like those drums, her vocals, the clownery at 4:07. It's so intentionally...ugly? IDK how to crack this song so far. Did somebody else go through this and ended up really liking the whole thing?

Spoiler

I do like it, but agree it doesn't sound organic and flowing; the parts don't hang together very well as a whole, but I assume she wanted it that way. 

1 minute ago, Rocket0212 said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

This song feels like a deep dive into her mental state over the last year. She's commenting on a lot of the ways that the media has treated her and how it makes her feel, and the chaos of the song reflects those feelings. I love it so much.

Spoiler

If You Lie Down With Me & Living Legend are bottom two. If You is just plain boring and LL has her ugliest vocals ever, especially during chorus 

4 minutes ago, Kimi said:
  Hide contents

If You Lie Down With Me & Living Legend are bottom two. If You is just plain boring and LL has her ugliest vocals ever, especially during chorus 

Sis opposite day is thursday

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Spoiler

Now that’s much better

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. The Trio

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. Beautiful

7. Violet For Roses

8. Dealer

9. Thunder

10. Wildflower Wildfire

11. Sweet Caroline

Cherry Blossom and Nectar are bonus tracks material

Just now, L Del Ray said:

so what position is bb on your albums rankings?

second last, obvs above l4l but that’s about it

18 minutes ago, L Del Ray said:

so what position is bb on your albums rankings?

In the top 3 :legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

I’m sorry but Cherry Blossom & Living Legend have to be the most boring & empty unreleased to officially put out. The NFR piano ballads are just way more dynamic to me, UFB & I Talk to Jesus would have fit better, or at least re-productions of CB & LL :defeated:

12 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

She probably put the first take of Cherry Blossom because she loves the idea of doing her songs in just one take 

it's not the first take that's on the album

if I Talk To Jesus was on this record I'd die.

Especially if it wasn't ripped from YouTube and actually decent quality. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too