Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, CinnamonGay said:

Omg.

So her physicals wont make as much impact as COCC...?!

Well the few people I know IRL that know about Lana had no idea about Blue Banisters, Hell when I called my Record store about the RSD release I Asked about Blue Banisters. They had no clue another album was coming out. So with Chemtrails literally breaking vinyl sales records from I think 1994? I’m afraid BB won’t be as big on sales. But who knows, I’d love to be wrong for once in this lifetime.

IMG-3521.jpg

2 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

I think there was such a post-NFR letdown from Chemtrails and those three singles that some publications like Pitchfork chose not to review/give much attention to Arcadia. There will always be media attention around Lana, but there seems to be a little less nowadays. I think a lot of music critics just don't care as much anymore. People who like her will always like her, and those don't probably won't start now. NFR kind of felt like a peak for her career: she was getting all of the media attention she got during that early BTD to Ultraviolence era but instead of it being confused or negative, it was largely positive. Chemtrails kind of broke that stride and I suspect BB will really end it. 

I don't think Chemtrails broke that stride. The actual reviews for the album were excellent, her second best after NFR. Sadly (and unfairly) QFTC ended the highs that came with NFR, and then the mesh mask and other controversies only furthered that, so by the time Chemtrails and the three singles came out, the press was afraid to write about Lana. I think without any of the drama, the positive attention she was getting around NFR would have only continued to build, but unfortunately people were quick to forget that they briefly loved her and instead returned to thriving on drama and writing unfair takes about her that lacked nuance.

I sincerely hope that all that is far enough away that people will return to the music, because as we know, no one does it better than Lana and it's about damn time that the industry properly recognizes that. If not, well then so be it, millions of people know how incredible she is, and her legacy will last forever. :read:

she should've put the energy on making physical variants for blue banisters instead of cocc. if chemtrails sold that many vinyls with that ugly ass album cover the blue banisters variants would've sold like water

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

she should've put the energy on making physical variants for blue banisters instead of cocc. if chemtrails sold that many vinyls with that ugly ass album cover the blue banisters variants would've sold like water

I guess I will forever be odd one out, But I love the standard Chemtrails cover.

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

Reveal hidden contents

How do you guys feel about Sweet Carolina as a closer? I think it might be up there with Get Free as one of her best closers.

Spoiler

Really nice, I love the Fuck You Kevin. I still don’t understand the naming after the iPhone 11, But I’m here for it.

IMG-3521.jpg

14 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Reveal hidden contents

How do you guys feel about Sweet Carolina as a closer? I think it might be up there with Get Free as one of her best closers.

100%

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

14 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Hide contents

it's my most listened to song. my twin sister just had a baby and i die over it. i've been singing it to him every time i see him and now my sister asks me to "play the lana song for him" when i come over. 

faSE.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

it's my most listened to song. my twin sister just had a baby and i die over it. i've been singing it to him every time i see him and now my sister asks me to "play the lana song for him" when i come over. 

I hope it’s first words are “Fuck you, Kevin” <3 

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

1 minute ago, Creyk said:

Can't wait for her to announce the next album on the Colbert show this Friday :party:

speaking on that, even if we don't have an announcement of any sort we still have enough info for a pre pre release thread :oic3:

Spoiler

Sorry I can't stop talking about BBS but that song makes me speechless like I'm shook after every listening. It's so chaotic & weird in the best way possible. THIS SONG IS EVERYTHING plss I'm having tears in my eyes thinking about it:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:
  Hide contents

Sorry I can't stop talking about BBS but that song makes me speechless like I'm shook after every listening. It's so chaotic & weird in the best way possible. THIS SONG IS EVERYTHING plss I'm having tears in my eyes thinking about it:trisha:

i agree and i fucking love your energy so much. #1 Blue Banisters hype boy. 

faSE.gif

3 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i agree and i fucking love your energy so much. #1 Blue Banisters hype boy. 

:xcry::kiss::heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: