Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

54 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Sadly (and unfairly) QFTC ended the highs that came with NFR, and then the mesh mask and other controversies only furthered that, so by the time Chemtrails and the three singles came out, the press was afraid to write about Lana.

I totally failed to consider QFTC (because I have erased that from my brain lol), so thanks for the correction. You're totally right on that point and I think that's way more accurate than how I said it. (However, I don't think the lack of press around her newer music projects are from fear, I think publications like Pitchfork are just kind of over it at this point, and partly for good reason. But I don't think they're really afraid to write about her at all.)

Spoiler

IYLDWM makes me want to have a boy / girlfriend so much for some reason, like someone I really love & trust, so that I can cuddle & dance with them  to this song while singing " Dance me all around the room ,spin me around like ballerina super high, dance me all around the moon like six times till I'm sick & I cry":oprah::wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Spoiler

Beautiful is Lana's revenge in the most simplistic and, well, beautiful form. It's a song where she basically says "I'm allowed to write about my experiences, good and bad, and make them into something beautiful because that's what art is". And she shows them that by making the song sound so pretty despite being a song that deals with that frustration. I feel like it seems like a basic song on the surface, but it's honestly such a smart song. The Picasso lyric is also what I find to be the most telling. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, HunterSThompson said:

I think there was such a post-NFR letdown from Chemtrails and those three singles that some publications like Pitchfork chose not to review/give much attention to Arcadia. There will always be media attention around Lana, but there seems to be a little less nowadays. I think a lot of music critics just don't care as much anymore. People who like her will always like her, and those don't probably won't start now. NFR kind of felt like a peak for her career: she was getting all of the media attention she got during that early BTD to Ultraviolence era but instead of it being confused or negative, it was largely positive. Chemtrails kind of broke that stride and I suspect BB will really end it. 

Chemtrails is the second most reviewed album released this year on AOTY and like someone else said it’s her second most acclaimed album. Don’t know if BB will be acclaimed or not but don’t think critics are going to ignore it. 

3 days until LDR9 fake  title announcement!!!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

26 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

I totally failed to consider QFTC (because I have erased that from my brain lol), so thanks for the correction. You're totally right on that point and I think that's way more accurate than how I said it. (However, I don't think the lack of press around her newer music projects are from fear, I think publications like Pitchfork are just kind of over it at this point, and partly for good reason. But I don't think they're really afraid to write about her at all.)

This project has a lack of press because she doesn't want it, and pitchfork write about her pretty often (they changed BTD score last week). Also the fact that NFR was named best female album by the pitchfork readers will give BB momentum in the moment they decide the score, like QFTC and the mesh mask made COTCC tank. P.s.: sorry for my English, feel free to correct me, I want to improve:hoe:

11 minutes ago, Super Movie said:
  Hide contents

Beautiful is Lana's revenge in the most simplistic and, well, beautiful form. It's a song where she basically says "I'm allowed to write about my experiences, good and bad, and make them into something beautiful because that's what art is". And she shows them that by making the song sound so pretty despite being a song that deals with that frustration. I feel like it seems like a basic song on the surface, but it's honestly such a smart song. The Picasso lyric is also what I find to be the most telling. 

Spoiler

Beautiful is beyond beautiful, i still can't handle the "raindrops" piano intro :trisha:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:
  Hide contents

Beautiful is beyond beautiful, i still can't handle the "raindrops" piano intro :trisha:

Spoiler

I didnt like it first, now it‘s one of my favorites :trisha:

I think this year is literally her "standstill", like - she doesnt even want to do a proper promo, and based on that fact - i think Chemtrails still did a pretty great job in that given condition and Blue Banisters might do its best i believe, remember: she went offline, she basically abandoned all the possible promo activities in her ability because she wanted to prove that her music has its own voice to speak for itself - her story, and how she would decide to narrate it just the way it is. Just imagine how huge she would get if Ben gave her that Dua Lipa promotion energy?

Anyways...

Spoiler

Can't wait for Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend & Cherry Blossom to shook the general public. We count on y'all u tripple little threats 

This is THE TRIO. I'm telling y'all

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Just imagine how huge she would get if Ben gave her that Dua Lipa promotion energy?

how often do we have to go through this, it is Lana who doesnt wanna do promo, she admitted it, Ben admitted it, we all know it by now

image.png

1 minute ago, Dominikx4 said:

how often do we have to go through this, it is Lana who doesnt wanna do promo, she admitted it, Ben admitted it, we all know it by now

plus we're lucky that she's doing a performance on US television, something she hasn't done since BTD if we exclude chemtrails

6 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Anyways...

Hide contents

Can't wait for Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend & Cherry Blossom to shook the general public. We count on y'all u tripple little threats 

This is THE TRIO. I'm telling y'all

Spoiler

Those are literally the weakest tracks :bebe:

IMG-7960.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

sis i literally stated above. I understand that she doesn't wanna do it. I only  said that to get y'all imagine the level she would be if she did WANT to do the promo stuff, because she clearly doesn't flop or nobody cares about her like y'all think she is, theoretically. It's not that i'm saying "oh what a lazy bitch" or anything like that jesus christ. :illumilana2:

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

sis i literally stated above. I understand that she doesn't wanna do it. I only  said that to get y'all imagine the level she would be if she did WANT to do the promo stuff, because she clearly doesn't flop or nobody cares about her like y'all think she is, theoretically. It's not that i'm saying "oh what a lazy bitch" or anything like that jesus christ. :illumilana2:

you literally said "if Ben gave her the same energy" :rip: when we all know its not about Ben and Ed, thats all

image.png

2 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

you literally said "if Ben gave her the same energy" :rip: when we all know its not about Ben and Ed, thats all

i literally said above: "remember: she went offline[...] because she wanted to prove that her music has its own voice to speak for itself". I literally know that she herself doesn't want to do it. 

What i meant is " If she let Ben gave her the same Dua lipa energy..."