Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

So I drived for the first time with this album on and

Hide contents

But it actually got worse with the 3 songs that came next - such a bland section. I actually think these are my bottom 3 songs right now. There was nothing new in them - starting with production and ending with her vocals.

So yeah, 4 songs in the middle are falling so far and I honestly don't know what you all hear in them. BBS - fine, something experimental. The others though...literally serving Lana song generator. I'll leave these out of my car.
:um2:

well, good, because those 4 masterpieces don't want to sit in your car either... i will not take IYLDWM and VFR slander

D.png

it's true it's true

Spoiler

1 black bathing suit
2 living legend
3 wildflower wildfire
4 dealer
5 thunder
6 text book
7 if you lie down with me
8 nectar of the gods
9 sweet carolina
10 arcadia
11 violets for roses
12 beautiful
13 blue banisters
14 cherry blossom
15 interlude (just bc its an interlude)

This ranking was almost impossible to do. I love all of the tracks.

Don't know if anyone will read this since there's already so many people posting these rankings but I wanted to quickly get my thoughts down.

Song ranking:

Thunder: I adore the way it builds up. One of her best.

Arcadia: This song has stolen my heart. Only Lana could pull off a song like this and make it so iconic.

Violets for Roses: The melody is amazing.

Sweet Carolina: One of her best closers. It has such a warm feeling and her voice is so strong here.

Living Legend: I love the lyrics, the guitar, and the entire vibe. I'm surprised that other people aren't feeling this song as much.

Black Bathing Suit: It took a couple of listens for me to fully absorb this song. I love chorus and the weird, psychedelic sounding production in certain areas, and her wild voice at the end.

Beautiful: Lyrically, this song perfectly describes Lana and the art that she creates. The piano in the opening is so delicate and enchanting.

Dealer: I'm always for Lana screaming in her music. The angry lyrics are great. I just wish that the instrumental was slightly less demo-ish.

Blue Banisters: The lyrics aren't my favorite but the melody and instrumental make this song very addicting.

If You Lie Down With Me: I do like how "classic Lana" the lyrics are, but right now this song feels like a grower to me.

Wildflower Wildfire: I love how vulnerable she is with the lyrics here (they're some of the best on the album). I just wish the chorus came together a little better.

Text Book: I like it a lot, but I just don't go back to this song as much as other songs on this album.

Cherry Blossom: A tender and beautiful song. I wonder if I would rank it higher if I hadn't heard it so many times already?

Nectar of the Gods: It's just not as a strong as the rest of the songs here. Although I do love the opening, along with the lyrics. Ooooohhhhhh...

Album ranking:

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Blue Banisters

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Born to Die

Paradise

Lust For Life

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The fact you guys are putting Blue Banisters so low on the ranks is all the proof I need that this album is gonna light my ass on fire. 

I don't know what everyone else is smoking, but BB is some of the best songwriting she's ever done, and marks a change in how she's perceiving herself as an artist and lover. Like seriously, I can't believe it's nowhere near the top of so many lists, and I can't help but wonder if its simply because it doesn't bop? Is it because it leans heavy into the singer/songwriter and poetry prose? Illuminate me why the lyrics are bad, please, because I'm so so confused. :smokes3:

1 minute ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

The fact you guys are putting Blue Banisters so low on the ranks is all the proof I need that this album is gonna light my ass on fire. 

I don't know what everyone else is smoking, but BB is some of the best songwriting she's ever done, and marks a change in how she's perceiving herself as an artist and lover. Like seriously, I can't believe it's nowhere near the top of so many lists, and I can't help but wonder if its simply because it doesn't bop? Is it because it leans heavy into the singer/songwriter and poetry prose? Illuminate me why the lyrics are bad, please, because I'm so so confused. :smokes3:

I don't think the lyrics are bad, they're just not my favorite? Still love the song.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1 minute ago, benririchardson said:
  Hide contents

just realized there is no cherry/cinnamon girl/tjf of this album...

Spoiler

BBS?

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Spoiler

Unpopular opinion, but I think WW is the Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/TJF of this record. It’s sexy in a different way, sure, but it’s sexy in the way you’d expect a 36 year old woman to be. It’s mature and refined, yet still alluring. 

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Spoiler

Even though this album is thought out and shows some maturity, has some standout songs, I have to say it's her least innovative album. It feels like an extension to many things we have heard on Chemtrails. The album is experimental, but it's so calm and there is not that much variation between the songs. It is beautiful to listen to it, but it just all seems too bland to get really excited about this album. Dealer, Thunder and Arcadia are the only songs that add some spice. I wish we had more of that, because the potential is all over the album. I just wish she had made even more radical choices. Still loving all of it. Just wish she'd return to her own interpretation of pop onw more time before she goes all country, folksy and singer-songwriter and never comes back from that.

I really like textbook, but I feel like verse 2 drags on just a little bit. It picks up and climaxes with the “old man river keeps rolling in” and that whole outro, but in the middle of the song I do start to get just a smidge bored 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

let me start off the unpopular opinion ranking 

1. Born To Die /Paradise 

2. Ultraviolence 

3. NFR

4. Lust For Life

5. Honeymoon 

6. BB

7. Chemtrails 

:judgingu:

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

let me start off the unpopular opinion ranking 

1. Born To Die /Paradise 

2. Ultraviolence 

3. NFR

4. Lust For Life

5. Honeymoon 

6. BB

7. Chemtrails 

1. lana del ray a.k.a lizzy grant

2. honeymoon

3. sirens

4. born to die

5. ultraviolence

6. paradise

7. chemtrails over the country club

8. norman fucking rockwell!

9. blue banisters

10. lust for life

sirens in my top 3? now this is certainly an unpopular ranking :oopna:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!