Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

11 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I really hope the unreleased are different on streaming, but if they aren't, who cares? We have the stems, we can create perfect mixes ourselves :dua:

It’s so funny cause there are like less than 10 CB stems in the entire session 

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

10 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Is BBS a ballad? Pop? I’m so confused by what y’all saying 

Spoiler

it's pretty slow and starts off piano, then there's a tempo change in the chorus similar to text book but it sounds messy and the lyrics are really basic in what she's saying, i think it's kinda messy, and there's some shouty backing vocals towards the end, if i had to rate it i'd give it a 6/10

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

It’s hard to describe because it shifts back and forth a bit. I’m going to describe it using two other songs, so just ignore this next part if you want it to be a surprise: 

Spoiler

The flow of the verses is similar to the verses in COCC (the song). The chorus vibe is similar to the chorus of TNBAR

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

21 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

if only they'd leak the living legend stems (people have them!) :eartha2:

Imagine hearing the wah-wah part isolated :lange:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

i'm going to try to not listen to the album again until friday. i still haven't fully absorbed all the lyrics and sounds and i'm really looking forward to hearing it in super high quality on apple music from beginning to end just super focused. :true:

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, shadesofdealer said:

I feel like on paper I should hate the line

Reveal hidden contents

What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad?

But idk the delivery of it makes it work for me

that's how i feel about 

You name your babe Lilac Heaven / After your iPhone 11 /“Crypto forever” scrеams your stupid boyfriend /Fuck you, Kevin. It's cringy and I feel like I should hate it, but it's delivered so beautifully and part of one of her prettiest songs to date

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I haven't listened to the album at all since Friday, and I'm really struggling not to. I miss it like an old friend :trisha:

imageproxy.jpg

48 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

There are a lot of melodies in it. Since it shifts so much, I’d say « alternative » is the best way to describe it. But you’ll see when you hear it, how hard it is to describe it. It clicked for me on the second listen. I’m glad she put that complex song on the album. 

I know I might get dragged, but what is really new about Lana's weird choice of words? She has some of the most beautiful lyrics ever written, but she also has had some serious cringey lines all throughout her career, so ??? 

It is to expect, especially cause she's always referencing stuff. Perhaps is the fact that she throws references about modern stuff? 

Because, yeah, the iPhone 11/Crypto line is weird, but how different is it from the Old Hollywood/American lifestyle references? :creep: I mean, our grandkids probably will see these songs as some kind of lyrically masterpieces in 50 years...

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I know I might get dragged, but what is really new about Lana's weird choice of words? She has some of the most beautiful lyrics ever written, but she also has had some serious cringey lines all throughout her career, so ??? 

It is to expect, especially cause she's always referencing stuff. Perhaps is the fact that she throws references about modern stuff? 

Because, yeah, the iPhone 11/Crypto line is weird, but how different is it from the Old Hollywood/American lifestyle references? :creep: I mean, our grandkids probably will see these songs as some kind of lyrically masterpieces in 50 years...

The way she's actually being vintage by making modern references because "vintage" kids will listen to it 50 years down the line and see them as old references :dua: I understand her vision and I love it 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I mean let’s be real it’s going to be the exact same, leaked version, on streaming but I’m gonna be Delulu until Friday 

I'm with you on that. My theory is that Thunder and IYLDWM were changed cause they were on the original tracklist (boz only said that he knew it was old because of the Barrie credit but he didn't say that it was added later with NotG, LL and such) but the late additions couldn't be ready in time for physicals so she just put the leaked versions :brows:

I mean if there's a new version of Beautiful for streaming... 

Spoiler

Cherry Blossom death metal version incoming :pussypower:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

The way she's actually being vintage by making modern references because "vintage" kids will listen to it 50 years down the line and see them as old references :dua: I understand her vision and I love it 

She's truly timeless :ma: 

Spoiler

When she starts making futuristic references in LDR10 none of us will understand, but the kids in 200 years will, and will see her as the new Nostradamus :ma:

15 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

This is extremely powerful and wise. Her little snapshots of today will define our times for the future.