Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, talan said:

Some of the songs sound like demos. The sound quality is not up to her level and the actual sound fluctuates from song to song. Doesn't sound mastered.I thought she'd at least rerecord songs like Thunder, Living Legend, etc. She used the same exact songs from years ago, no changes.

So is this why you joined? Your first 2 posts to criticize Lana?

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, talan said:

Some of the songs sound like demos. The sound quality is not up to her level and the actual sound fluctuates from song to song. Doesn't sound mastered.I thought she'd at least rerecord songs like Thunder, Living Legend, etc. She used the same exact songs from years ago, no changes.

I think that was the point, being that this record is to “tell her story” or whatever she said. she left them the way they were when they were written and recorded, on purpose, because that’s the mindset she was in then… why change it? 

UbsOye5.png

i don't think we should make judgements about the sound quality since we've only heard the album through leaks, they'll probably sound better once we listen to the official release

i do wish she would've rerecorded the previously leaked songs for consistency with the rest of the album, also because i do feel like they didn't sound completely produced & mixed, but that's just my personal opinion :oopna:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

No, I love Lana too. I am just stating my opinion as a 10+year listener. This is on no level of Chemtrails Over the Country Club is it? ;) I thought she'd at least update the songs.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think we should make judgements about the sound quality since we've only heard the album through leaks, they'll probably sound better once we listen to the official release

i do wish she would've rerecorded the previously leaked songs for consistency with the rest of the album, also because i do feel like they didn't sound completely produced & mixed, but that's just my personal opinion :oopna:

exactly. it's not the caliber Lana delivers.

2 hours ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

the version that leaked early has slightly different production, diff pitching, and different lyrics in the second verse, making that version the demo? someone correct me if im wrong

it was just edited and messed up by the leaker , there’s a rumor that the dealer demo is called “dope” and has yet to leak :)

giphy.gif

I just feel like it’s obvious, regardless of how people feel about this choice or that choice, that Lana put a lot of thought into this album. I feel like the “messiness” or “scrappiness” of the album is totally deliberate, but maybe I just have my stan goggles on. 

49 minutes ago, Tulsa Devil said:

is true that beautiful has another version?

vUw8Oc7.gif

Yes. The streaming version supposedly has strings. 

Can someone tell the approx time left for Colbert performance .:blush3:

1 hour ago, talan said:

I was expecting an update to the tracks that have been leaking for years. Living Legend, Nectar of the Gods, Thunder, and Dealer sound exactly like the leaked versions available on YouTube for years. Feels like a phoned in record.

How in this world Thunder is the same version as the leaked one when she completely reworked it. Stop lying or at least download the correct version.

I strongly recommend you to wait until the album is officially released to question mixing and mastering issues.

Tbh I always loved the 3 UV outtakes a lot , Nectar & LL always were two of my faves unreleased. They are so raw & so haunting & make me emotional. CB is such a cute & beautiful lullaby :trisha: I don't mind them being on the record the way they are bc obviously I love them a lot & build emotional connections with them over the years. I think they fit & I don't mind the quality. But I can understand that people are upset/ not happy with them being untouched or with the choice of outtakes bc in the end we all have different preferences & expectations. Personally I'm super happy they found a home now & yeah ofc a rework ( e.g some added strings or harps) would have been like the cherry on the top but sth about those outtakes is so special to me that I absolutely appreciate them being on this album the way they are and this album ending with a more stripped back , raw & haunting sound :wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

9 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Tbh I always loved the 3 UV outtakes a lot , Nectar & LL always were two of my faves unreleased. They are so raw & so haunting & make me emotional. CB is such a cute & beautiful lullaby :trisha: I don't mind them being on the record the way they are bc obviously I love them a lot & build emotional connections with them over the years. I think they fit & I don't mind the quality. But I can understand that people are upset/ not happy with them being untouched or with the choice of outtakes bc in the end we all have different preferences & expectations. Personally I'm super happy they found a home now & yeah ofc a rework ( e.g some added strings or harps) would have been like the cherry on the top but sth about those outtakes is so special to me that I absolutely appreciate them being on this album the way they are and this album ending with a more stripped back , raw & haunting sound :wowcry:

YOU SPILLED AND SNAPPED BESTIE:justride2:

It's good that she didn't changed the outtakes that much. No TNBAR mess again please.
That's why I stopped to listen to demos from her since they all could appear on an album.

Mfhp.gif