Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i want to listen to the album so bad it hurts i'm having withdrawal symptoms 

patrick-crying.gif

I told myself I’d just listen to BBS once and then wait till Friday..but I caved and listed to the whole album again 😬 To think some here have the strength to not listen to ANY singles until the release let alone leaks.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

5 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

It's probably a stupid question, but as someone who's not a native speaker I'd like to ask what she means when she sings about

Hide contents

a man wanting to "take the pink off her toes". Is this about nail polish? About him ruining her playful and happy state of mind? Or is it about something completely different I don't understand?

it means she was getting her toeses sucked :ma:

faSE.gif

48 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Earlier in this thread someone said we already have enough info to start a pre-pre-release thread for LDR9… but do we? Besides the assumption Mike Dean is going to be one of the producers?

yup that's me - tbh the fact that Lana hit Kali up for a collab and Ben and Ed teasing a subsequent album + Mike Dean saying he wants to work for Lanz could be enough

8 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

It's probably a stupid question, but as someone who's not a native speaker I'd like to ask what she means when she sings about

Hide contents

a man wanting to "take the pink off her toes". Is this about nail polish? About him ruining her playful and happy state of mind? Or is it about something completely different I don't understand?

Spoiler

yeah i think it's nail polish, but also symbolises *simplicity* etc so you were right the first time!

mUENGN9.png

Today was such windy,  kinda stormy autumn day & I went on a walk  & listened to this album.It was perfect, the beautiful autumn landscape, the grey sky with the sun glooming through & the wind on my face , coloured  leaves flying around & this beautiful new music :lange:Truly experienced the album in a new way today & it was phenomal like I felt I was in a dramatic movie:oprah: during BBS I started dancing, swirling around with my coat & pretended I had long hair that flies beautifully in the wind:justride2:I hope no one saw me haha:bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

41 minutes ago, Big Star said:

I'm honestly down for any performance but i'm praying to the gods it's Thunder

I hope it’s thunder or dealer as well  but i think it will be arcadia or bb 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 minute ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I too hope it’s thunder or dealer but i think it will be arcadia or bb 

Lipsters... are we down for a Thunder performance manifestation :sass:

9 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

to be honest, and that's a personal opinion, but we really need some rest

we haven't been outside a pre-release era since March 2018 when she first teased happiness is a butterfly, because the day she released nfr (after more than a year of teasing), she teased white hot forever and the day after chemtrails was released she teased rock candy sweet. this time, if she can find it in herself not to mention a new project with a title and a date that, as always, are going to prove not to be accurate, i think we should be grateful for that and not be the ones to put ourselves in the situation of waiting for another album already (even though of course we're sort of already expecting the covers album and that nikki lane project to come at some point)

lana doesn't rest so neither will we :true: stay hydrated ladies, it's a lifelong marathon :true:

mUENGN9.png

Am I the only one who's, like....entirely uninterested in the Nikki Lane collab project? I mean, I'm grateful for any new music from Lanz, but I'm much more invested in the covers album

Just now, fantascination said:

Am I the only one who's, like....entirely uninterested in the Nikki Lane collab project? I mean, I'm grateful for any new music from Lanz, but I'm much more invested in the covers album

Anything that bitch touches turns to gold - even that horrendous collab her bridge on DCMA has me on a grip. :defeated:

Can I just say I’m really enjoying this era, the music is her best in a while, the videos are so personal and indicative of the message behind the music. The photo shoot is beautiful. Everything so good and personally I love the use of the honeymoon account to promote the album.

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

45 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Today was such windy,  kinda stormy autumn day & I went on a walk  & listened to this album.It was perfect, the beautiful autumn landscape, the grey sky with the sun glooming through & the wind on my face , coloured  leaves flying around & this beautiful new music :lange:Truly experienced the album in a new way today & it was phenomal like I felt I was in a dramatic movie:oprah: during BBS I started dancing, swirling around with my coat & pretended I had long hair that flies beautifully in the wind:justride2:I hope no one saw me haha:bebe:

I had a similar experience. Told y'all this is her Fall album :oprah3::oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Not a native speaker as well, but it means pretty much that the man wanted her to be someone completely different than she is, changing what she likes so that they both can like the same stuff/have more in common/control her.
It’s pretty explicit in these lines:

Don't forget all of these things that you love are the same things I hate

&

God knows the only mistake that a man can make
Is tryna make a woman change and trade her violets for roses

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif