Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

All four of our album covers for this era are from different "sets"/ parts of the title track music video :blush2:

Yes even the back cover looks like..chuck making cake..poor nico wanted to be featured somehow..tex got video attention.

Other 3 animals crying:blush3:

I think Thunder is related to Blue Banisters in a way. We see heat lightning at the end of the video (and she also talks about it in the lyrics), where lightning is so far away that you cannot hear the thunder. So that man is so far away yet he or his remainders are still right there.

Spoiler

"You roll like thunder

When you come crashing in

Town ain't been the same

Since you left with all your friends"

"It's heat lightning

Cause there's a man that's in my past, there's a man that's still right here

He's real enough to touch and in my darkest nights

He's shinin'"

So let's manifest Thunder MV next

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Thoth said:

I think Thunder is related to Blue Banisters in a way. We see heat lightning at the end of the video (and she also talks about it in the lyrics), where lightning is so far away that you cannot hear the thunder. So that man is so far away yet he or his remainders are still right there.

Hide contents

"You roll like thunder

Town ain't been the same

"It's heat lightning

He's shinin'"

Really like the yellow behind Lana in your pfp.

IMG-3521.jpg

okay i'm saying it i want something like this on the next album after blue banisters 

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

When he said he'd come by in May, but it's October and he hasn't shown up

tenor.gif?itemid=23508628 

tomorrow never came teas

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just watched the music video and listened to Arcadia again and wow this album fucking does something to me… it’s so soon and so early but I feel like it may be in my top 3

giphy.gif

Just now, Lustrouslines said:

Just watched the music video and listened to Arcadia again and wow this album fucking does something to me… it’s so soon and so early but I feel like it may be in my top 3

Definitely me UV, HM, BB. Really amazing album, It may be UV, BB, HM idk.

IMG-3521.jpg

12 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Reveal hidden contents

"You roll like thunder

Town ain't been the same

"It's heat lightning

He's shinin'"

oh fuck that's why she's so mad at the end of bb tenor.gif?itemid=23508628  it's bc it will transition into the video for thunder where she goes OFF and rages and dances wildly in a thunderstorm, i KNOW it

mUENGN9.png

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

oh fuck that's why she's so mad at the end of bb tenor.gif?itemid=23508628  it's bc it will transition into the video for thunder where she goes OFF and rages and dances wildly in a thunderstorm, i KNOW it

During the rainstorm, She’ll be wearing eye makeup akin to Siouxsie…:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

24 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Reveal hidden contents

"You roll like thunder

Town ain't been the same

"It's heat lightning

He's shinin'"

This make me appreciate new version of the Thunder more. The demo sounds more like a cool NFR song, but this version fits more into this album and also melancholy of the song.

22 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Really like the yellow behind Lana in your pfp.

Thank you, it's one of my favourite pictures of her.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

how much did they score?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, rightofjupiter said:

they don't score, but if they did it'd prob ~8 (they like it a lot but there were def songs/things they didn't like)

To me it doesn't read as an 8/10.

They even wrote at the end, Blue Banisters may well be a disappointment, but in another sense it’s appropriate that the album fades into background music at times (...) something to play while refreshing the news and recharging your phone, waiting for a moment when normal becomes anything other than this. :awkney:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, Yosemite said:

To me it doesn't read as an 8/10.

They even wrote at the end, Blue Banisters may well be a disappointment, but in another sense it’s appropriate that the album fades into background music at times (...) something to play while refreshing the news and recharging your phone, waiting for a moment when normal becomes anything other than this. :awkney:

lol ok you're right that's kinda brutal– but they mention so much that anything that comes after NFR would read as disappointing so i guess i was taking that into account in how i read the criticism too.

aOaIzH2.gif

8 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Mess

They always do 2 reviews, the premature evaluation and the official review but this is fairly mixed and will probably mean they will give the album a 5 or 6 :rip: 

Just now, rightofjupiter said:

lol ok you're right that's kinda brutal– but they mention so much that anything that comes after NFR would read as disappointing so i guess i was taking that into account in how i read the criticism too.

Yeah, every single critic will namedrop NFR! for the rest of her career, they need to let it go already

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Just now, littleredpartydress said:

Mess

They always do 2 reviews, the premature evaluation and the official review but this is fairly mixed and will probably mean they will give the album a 5 or 6 :rip: 

Their reviews don’t count for metacritic thank god