Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

BB now has the second highest user rating on the AOTY website:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/user-highest-rated/2021/

Can we improve it?  ;)

2h
Weakest song for me right now is Nectar of the Gods. Seven albums deep we should not still be doing the baby/crazy rhyme right in the chorus. Harmonies are pleasant still.

they spilled :deadbanana:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, prettywhenimhigh said:

2h
Weakest song for me right now is Nectar of the Gods. Seven albums deep we should not still be doing the baby/crazy rhyme right in the chorus. Harmonies are pleasant still.

they spilled :deadbanana:

I mean in her defense the song is eight/nine-ish years old

10 minutes ago, Lustfordealer said:

jack rn Rocking back and forth GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

What if he goes crazy and l**ks Loves You Then and Now/RCS? 👀 

whatarecoloris.jpg

Just now, shadesofdealer said:

I mean in her defense the song is eight/nine-ish years old

I know that's why I think it should've been another song instead

or a reworked version

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I've seen Lana getting dragged so much since the BTD days up until NFR/Chemtrails that I've become insensitive to bad reviews :thumb2:

If they don't like it that's their loss. I still want her to get the critical acclaim she deserves tho.

Also that review was so weird. It was all so good and then they proceed to call it a disappointment and drag SC lyrics (when they literally said only Lana could make that work:wtf3:

giphy.gif

Here are my favorite musical moments of each track:

1. Text Book: “Can we do this dance again? Do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back?”
  2. Blue Banisters: “Summer comes, winter goes, spring I skip- God knows”
  3. Arcadia: “I’ll pray for ya, but you’ll need a miracle, America”
  4. Interlude - The Trio: When the trap beat drops
  5. Black Bathing suit: “You said I was bad, let me show you how bad girls do”/“Mail me when you get the blues”
  6. If You Lie Down with Me: “Don’t say you’re over me when both know that you ain’t”/the brass section outro
  7. Beautiful: The twinkly piano/“What if someone had asked Picasso not to be sad? Never known who he was or the man he’d become- there would be no Blue Period”
  8. Violets for Roses: “Ever since I feel out of love with you, I fell back in love with me and, boy, does it feel sweet, like a summer breeze”
  9. Dealer: “I get lost in the ether (I check it, I wreck it, I turn it around)”/“All circuits are busy, goodbye, all circuits are busy, you’re high”
  10. Thunder: “Just do it, just do it, don’t wait” when the choir comes in during the second chorus/the new string parts
  11. Wildfire Wildflower: “Hot fire, hot weather, hot coffee, I’m better with you, it’s strange, but it’s true darling”/the entire second verse/the organ and the crunchy beat drop in the second chorus
  12. Nectar of the Gods: “I used to dream about people like you, now I don’t know why, I used to sing about people like you, now I just get high”
  13. Living Legend: “The ways you move send me straight to Heaven”/The ridiculous guitar vocals
  14. Cherry Blossom: “I push you high, cherry blossom on your sycamore tree, what you don’t tell no one- you can tell me”/“Little ghost, blonde hair with lemonade tea”
  15. Sweet Carolina: “If you get the blues- baby blues, just know this is your song, it’ll live on and on way past me and you”/the piano throughout the whole song

To those that have heard the entire tracklist, can you clarify for me... 

Spoiler

... how much more the album features the spaghetti western vibes? The five tracks I've heard so far have them, and the interlude gets me going as an Ennio Morricone stan. The brass outro on IYLDWM taps into it, right?

37 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

If AJayII does not love this album I'm unstanning her :willcut: 

Though I sense she won't be fond of the second half so :um3:

i hope she does though… i can see her LOVING dealer and thunder. and living legend. and all of them really. AJay is proof that god exists and i love her 

giphy.gif

Just now, BluVelvUnderground said:

To those that have heard the entire tracklist, can you clarify for me... 

Reveal hidden contents

... how much more the album features the spaghetti western vibes? The five tracks I've heard so far have them, and the interlude gets me going as an Ennio Morricone stan. The brass outro on IYLDWM taps into it, right?

Spoiler

i think it's mostly the interlude which has the spaghetti western vibes

WGe8ynS.gif

Dumb question, but is Living Legend specifically about someone? Is it Barrie or someone else? This song never gets old and I can't stop listening to it. I love the instrumentals and the way her voice sounds. This is the best unreleased addition to this album :defeated:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Just now, Doll Harlow said:

Dumb question, but is Living Legend specifically about someone? Is it Barrie or someone else? This song never gets old and I can't stop listening to it. I love the instrumentals and the way her voice sounds. This is the best unreleased addition to this album :defeated:

it's about her friend, jane powers! :) 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

John Delorean, even though he’s dead now.

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

Jane Powers, an old friend of hers from New York! She is now, unfortunately, a Trump supporter.

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.