Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

This caption warms my heart. I love when she shares messages like these because it really gives a glimpse into what she’s thinking and what the narrative of her record is when pieced together:

Shining alone 👌🌟
I've always loved a video with no real story line. The things that people do naturally without even thinking about it have always been the most interesting moments to capture. I loved shooting Arcadia and Blue Banisters without having a concept and just having my brother and Chris filming me dancing, chilling, drinking coffee, being stupid, having fun. It's the little things.

l always say I do the least promotion of anyone I know but the most work in my backyard. When your inner world flourishes- at some point the outer world
will always reflect that back to you what's really in your heart. Do what you love, I think some of the wisest people have taught me that sometimes doing nothing and just listening to your inner voice which at it's clearest is as near to what God's voice would advise is the best thing to do.

Dreaming, staying peaceful, being a good friend, a good mother to animals and friends, making big changes, taking risks that no one else understands, all of this has helped me to continue to follow my true life's dharma. It can be a winding and lonely road at times- full of adversity- but it's so worth it.

All my Love
L/E

“L/E” :poordat: <3

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

This caption warms my heart. I love when she shares messages like these because it really gives a glimpse into what she’s thinking and what the narrative of her record is when pieced together:

“L/E” :poordat: <3

I love this so much, oh my goodness. I actually feel grateful she’s using Honeymoon only because she feels more open and willing to express what’s on her mind and heart. (& even if I’m not able to follow it you angels help me to see it :wub:)

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:

The review read mostly (very) positive until they said that the last couple of songs are too slow and kinda dragged Sweet Carolina's lyrics. Also LOL at the terrible criticism that both Lana and Taylor should have combined COCC+BB / Folklore+Evermore into one project because they're basically just nice background music for the pandemic. 

!!!!

what the fuck. evermore and folklore have drastically different themes, so do COCC and Blue Banisters. COCC is like Lana at her happiest and leaving her beloved LA for freedom and friendship, and Blue Banisters is like a reflective record both musically and thematically from what we heard so far. 

Thunder is the best song on the album. It's been one of my favorite unreleased for a couple years. The production changed a little, but the vocals are the same exact vocals and quality sounding as the leak we've enjoyed. The album feels disjointed. Text Book, Blue Banisters, Text Book, Wildflower Wildfire, Arcadia go together, it feels like the others were just dropped with no changes.

i don’t think the review is negative, they said it’s a disappointment in the context of nfr but they’ll say that forever now. The track by track reviews  were nice

26 minutes ago, wildheart said:

!!!!

what the fuck. evermore and folklore have drastically different themes, so do COCC and Blue Banisters. COCC is like Lana at her happiest and leaving her beloved LA for freedom and friendship, and Blue Banisters is like a reflective record both musically and thematically from what we heard so far. 

Yeah it's a very silly comparison. I guess making consecutive reflective albums = sameness according to them. :uh:

By the way I just reread their review and it's very positive until the last paragraph lol. They literally admire Lana's experimentations with her voice and sound, praise several tracks (Dealer, Thunder, Wildflower Wildfire, Text Book, Black Bathing Suit), say that there are "sublime stretches" on the album and only seem to have qualms with a couple of lyrics and the "slowness" of the last quarter of the album. They say that "in the context of comparing the album to NFR, it may be considered a disappointment" in terms of style and sound. But the review ends on a more positive note than, say, their premature evaluation of COCC when they kinda said that "For Free" is the strongest moment on the album but that might not be enough to save the rest of it from being too slight and too low-key so...I guess that's a win lol. 

EDIT: Basically what @Gothicula said. :)

2 minutes ago, Gothicula said:

i don’t think the review is negative, they said it’s a disappointment in the context of nfr but they’ll say that forever now. The track by track reviews  were nice

NFR is a great album but I don't get why critics act like she'll never do better than that album. BB is already more vulnerable and honest than NFR (and with better production too).

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The way that Lana has written about and shared her thoughts on the album have made me love it so much more. From the Arcadia post to the post on Honeymoon today, it's clear how special and important this album is to her

imageproxy.jpg

lana getting ready to record her synthwave mike dean revenge magnum opus "rock candy sweet" featuring hit tracks such as "god bless & fuck off" & "answer for the culture" when she reads that all of the publications hate her music and still talk about nfr, video games, qftc, masks, & her "flop" lizzy grant album, which is actually the cult classic masterpiece of the century

_ixVSSPu_sU.jpg?size=600x632&quality=96&sign=46a8d1d6ed9da6b80ca24607ec71bd04&type=album

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Violets for Roses has me in my feelings. 

:sadcore6: It sounds so happy and sad at the same time. Very bittersweet to listen to during these times.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.