Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

6 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:

Tbh what tf does spaghetti western even mean I’m confusion

It's a style of film genre that is Italian-based interpretations of the Hollywood Western genre. So instead of being nationalistic, they're more prone to being over-the-top and more focused on the aesthetics rather than 'Merica vibes. Ennio Morricone frequently did the music scores for a lot of the most popular films in the genre, and they all have a very similar sound (plucky, layered strings of guitar and violins / lots of brass), which has in-turn become the 'spaghetti western' subgenre in music. Morricone is sampled with a producer credit on the Trio, which is an homage to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly's famous 'trio' of the title. 

Lana entering her Stephen Colbert performance by crashing a John Deere through the walls and onto the stage

_ixVSSPu_sU.jpg?size=600x632&quality=96&

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

So that Lana caption basically confirmed we are not getting a high budget MV this era (which is fine) but I hope we get some more nice visual in the vein of the last MVs. Her looking pretty doing whatever is enough for me :crying4:

if we get thunder and sweet carolina mv, no one will get hurt

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

random: but every time I re-listen to COTCC (album) it just gets better. antonoff put his entire bussy into the production and lana said washing my hair, doing the laundry, I’m still so strange and wild:icant:

anyway started my entire Lana re-listen in preparation tomorrow. I avoided most leaks so far (I did peak at dealer, SOOOO GOOD), but yeah for this new era text book is looking like my favorite at the moment.

LET’S REWRITE HISTORY, ILL DO THIS DANCE WITH YOU:twirls:

2 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

You better prepare. I don't think reviewers will like this album that much. Probably something between 70 and 75 in the end (scores are so inflated right now that 75 sounds like a 50. Shows how useless these "critics" are.)

A reminder that Critics were dismissive of the albums that were actually Lana’s masterpieces. They only changed their tune on NFR because it was no longer cool to hate Lana. They still don’t understand why she’s good. ( I don’t include Fantanonor Spectrum Pulse who genuinely seem to prefer her new music, and clearly articulated why they disliked her old music. I don’t agree but at least it’s honest)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

A reminder that Critics were dismissive of the albums that were actually Lana’s masterpieces. They only changed their tune on NFR because it was no longer cool to hate Lana. They still don’t understand why she’s good. ( I don’t include Fantanonor Spectrum Pulse who genuinely seem to prefer her new music, and clearly articulated why they disliked her old music. I don’t agree but at least it’s honest)

Exactly their commentary seems so disingenuous to me every time they praise NFR as the only good album she ever made  .. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Spoiler

The alt. back cover is absolutely gorgeous. Neil really came through for this era 

imageproxy.jpg