Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I love that shot of her riding the John Deere with her dress and boots it’s so chaotic

34 minutes ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

A reminder that Critics were dismissive of the albums that were actually Lana’s masterpieces. They only changed their tune on NFR because it was no longer cool to hate Lana. They still don’t understand why she’s good. ( I don’t include Fantanonor Spectrum Pulse who genuinely seem to prefer her new music, and clearly articulated why they disliked her old music. I don’t agree but at least it’s honest)

Spilled! I’m so tired of critics acting like NFR was the first good album she put out and acting like it was godly. It’s fine/good but it’s still in her bottom 3 imo. Where was all this praise for the actual godsends she put out before it?

whatarecoloris.jpg

I’m sorry :bebe:

Spoiler

Something about the review that bothered me was starting off with this bit about Norman “her masterpiece and her mission statement. […] Norman Fucking Rockwell! gave Lana the critical acclaim she’d been denied for nearly a decade. She earned Grammy nominations, glowing reviews. People took her seriously, now. They got her, or at least they were willing to try.“ then quoting Beautiful lyrics saying “she assures us that she can turn heartbreak into art […] she tells us what we already know, it sounds suspiciously like playing it safe”. Then they say the record kind of falls of towards the end (presumably the outtakes with the “LDR cliches” ppl love to hate), but the solution they so graciously came up with for her would be to just cherry pick songs from BB and Chemtrails into an album together that might resemble her obviously undisputed best album, Norman. And then they say “that’s the downside of having such a titanic, triumphant record [NFR] in her catalog — every album that comes after will claw at comparisons to Lana’s best work. In that context, Blue Banisters may well be a disappointment[.]” it just seems like they came so close to self awareness and realization… but again, not quite… 

I really don’t understand the problem people have with “earlier Lana” and songs like LL and NotG. Are they not still an integral part of her?? Do they not express valid emotions and sentiments? Idk, I have been a fan of her for a long time and I’ve been able to observe in real time how people treat her, how it changes depending on what she’s doing. Like with LFL and NFR things completely changed, and some fans had issues with it because they seemed “less Lana” and “more generic”, and I would argue that critics loved it also because they were “less Lana”. Obviously these records are still an important part of her as well and I don’t mean to sound like I’m saying that they’re not “really her” because of course they are, but idk it’s just hard to articulate, I’m sorry this doesn’t make sense. Hopefully someone else can quote this and put it better than me lol 

UbsOye5.png

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Reveal hidden contents

Something about the review that bothered me was starting off with this bit about Norman “her masterpiece and her mission statement. […] Norman Fucking Rockwell! gave Lana the critical acclaim she’d been denied for nearly a decade. She earned Grammy nominations, glowing reviews. People took her seriously, now. They got her, or at least they were willing to try.“ then quoting Beautiful lyrics saying “she assures us that she can turn heartbreak into art […] she tells us what we already know, it sounds suspiciously like playing it safe”. Then they say the record kind of falls of towards the end (presumably the outtakes with the “LDR cliches” ppl love to hate), but the solution they so graciously came up with for her would be to just cherry pick songs from BB and Chemtrails into an album together that might resemble her obviously undisputed best album, Norman. And then they say “that’s the downside of having such a titanic, triumphant record [NFR] in her catalog — every album that comes after will claw at comparisons to Lana’s best work. In that context, Blue Banisters may well be a disappointment[.]” it just seems like they came so close to self awareness and realization… but again, not quite… 

I really don’t understand the problem people have with “earlier Lana” and songs like LL and NotG. Are they not still an integral part of her?? Do they not express valid emotions and sentiments? Idk, I have been a fan of her for a long time and I’ve been able to observe in real time how people treat her, how it changes depending on what she’s doing. Like with LFL and NFR things completely changed, and some fans had issues with it because they seemed “less Lana” and “more generic”, and I would argue that critics loved it also because they were “less Lana”. Obviously these records are still an important part of her as well and I don’t mean to sound like I’m saying that they’re not “really her” because of course they are, but idk it’s just hard to articulate, I’m sorry this doesn’t make sense. Hopefully someone else can quote this and put it better than me lol 

nfr has such a chokehold on music critics but in the absolutely worst way :bebe: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

6 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Reveal hidden contents

Did we get the first BB review? Sorry if I missed something, but I can‘t find it :creep:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Did we get the first BB review? Sorry if I missed something, but I can‘t find it :creep:

it says “premature evaluation” so ?? I guess this is the first official one! https://www.stereogum.com/2164650/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-album-review/reviews/premature-evaluation/ 

UbsOye5.png

MOST OF HER CRITICS ARE JUST NITPICKY BANDWAGON ASSHOLES W SMALL PERSPECTIVES WHO NEVER REALLY FOLLOWED OR DARED TO GRASP WHAT HER CAREER JOURNEY HAS REALLY BEEN ABOUT WHICH JUST DISPLAYS THE STALE SHIT QUALITY OF MOST MODERN JOURNALISM TODAY LITTLE DO THEY KNOW THAT THEY'RE PART OF THE ART FORM OF NFR'S SOCIETAL CAMP AND LANA'S KITSCH PLAYING THE ROLE OF UNAWARE EVER ECHOING LIVING BUT LESS THAN ALIVE ANTAGONISTS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT STAY HAZY N LET THIS HEAVENLY WOMAN PASS U BY YA'LL DON'T DESERVE HER x8SyS6A.gif

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

MOST OF HER CRITICS ARE JUST NITPICKY BANDWAGON ASSHOLES W SMALL PERSPECTIVES WHO NEVER REALLY FOLLOWED OR DARED TO GRASP WHAT HER CAREER JOURNEY HAS REALLY BEEN ABOUT WHICH JUST DISPLAYS THE STALE SHIT QUALITY OF MOST MODERN JOURNALISM TODAY LITTLE DO THEY KNOW THAT THEY'RE PART OF THE ART FORM OF NFR'S SOCIETAL CAMP AND LANA'S KITSCH PLAYING THE ROLE OF UNAWARE EVER ECHOING LIVING BUT LESS THAN ALIVE ANTAGONISTS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT 

i'm living for this fiesty, angry side of you! :trisha: 

edit: now it's even better :creep: x8SyS6A.gif

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

it says “premature evaluation” so ?? I guess this is the first official one! https://www.stereogum.com/2164650/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-album-review/reviews/premature-evaluation/ 

Thanks! I don‘t see them praising Thunder. so I wont take them seriously :oprah3:

beautiful 03:35, the same lenght of physical version

so it means that the song doesn't have another version with strings for spotify/apple music as boz said?

FCJo4LwWQAYaoi9?format=jpg&name=medium

source.gif 

the greatest loss of them all!

Was going thru old pages and people again mentioned a Dealer demo? There is no difference in the version that leaked last month compared to the version on the album, other than the pitch and the version that went around with the synths :creep:

If u claim to have a version where Miles has less vocals then provide it :party:

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.