Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

For those who’ve listened, is BB more like NFR or UV?

UV definitely. Living legend was one of the many songs that were made for UV and I find since many songs on BB were recorded a while ago (years), it sounds like old Lana

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

it's hard to tell i think, if you lie down solo instrumental reminds slightly of brooklyn baby because of the trumpets, but the guitars on the record dont make a big appearance. Also, the piano on norman was too soft, i think BB have more heavy pianos, but you can see nfr influences on if you lie down piano that sounds like california rythm in couple verses, also violets for roses build an epic instrumental that kinda matches with the nfr vibe. If i could synthetize all that I said, you have the drama and loudiness of uv but with the instrumentals closer to nfr.

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

11 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Honeymoon's grandiosity, UV blues/rock touches (here and there, not super obvious), and Chemtrails midwest/family/poetic nature. Not much like NFR

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

27 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

NFR is and will always be my favorite Lana album, but the reason the general public liked it so much was because it was so easy to listen to. It wasn't what Lana typically does and now continues to do. Lana wasn't widely taken seriously as an artist until NFR, and now people expect her to just make a million remakes of that album which isn't fair to her in the slightest. I wouldn't say that NFR is less authentic, if anything I think it's one of her most authentic pieces of works yet, but the lyrics and sound felt more like they were playing it safe than her previous albums did (which I don't think was the intention by any means). Blue Banisters doesn't play it safe at all. Lana plays with her voice and she makes unusual production choices and she's so vulnerable and open in the lyrics that it can be jarring or almost uncomfortable to listen to at times. And that's what Lana has been doing her whole career. You can go all the way back to No Kung Fu and get that same feeling. She didn't do that as much on Norman which is why I think it's widely known by the public as her magnum opus. It's her most accessible album. I just really don't think that people who only know and like Lana for NFR are going to fully understand or be able to appreciate Blue Banisters. 

I think the opposite actually, Lust for Life was an album she played safe after she started getting blasted from the feminist movement and UV lyrics and whatever was happening at the time, then even changed her whole personality in that era for a hot sec. NFR impacted ALL of the recent pop records by being the first one to strip down production, taylor, billie, lorde, clario, etc. followed that sound because NFR was just so refreshing for the time - it's truly the BTD of the 2020s. I would say Blue Banisters is the same level of safe as all of her other records (except lust for life) which is not safe, it's Lana, because it all comes down on to how she wants the vibe to be, she was screaming all crazy during her 2011/2012 concerts because that was just the vibe, she's always seemed comfortable expressing herself through music. I don't think she ever thought about the criticism or playing it safe while making her records (except for LFL and probably Chemtrails).

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

Just now, Lindsay Lohan said:

I think the opposite actually, Lust for Life was an album she played safe after she started getting blasted from the feminist movement and UV lyrics and whatever was happening at the time, then even changed her whole personality in that era for a hot sec. NFR impacted ALL of the recent pop records by being the first one to strip down production, taylor, billie, lorde, clario, etc. followed that sound because NFR was just so refreshing for the time - it's truly the BTD of the 2020s. I would say Blue Banisters is the same level of safe as all of her other records (except lust for life) which is not safe, it's Lana, because it all comes down on to how she wants the vibe to be, she was screaming all crazy during her 2011/2012 concerts because that was just the vibe, she's always seemed comfortable expressing herself through music. I don't think she ever thought about the criticism or playing it safe while making her records (except for LFL and probably Chemtrails).

I definitely see that too. I actually had thought about mentioning Lust for Life, but I didn't want to get too off topic. And I do think that Chemtrails was more aware of criticism and acclaim than any of Lana's previous albums were. Most of it was written on the NFR tour, which was right after the album blew up the way it did. I can see why she would want the next album to follow such a successful one closely and to play it a bit safer. I mean, I'd probably do that too 

imageproxy.jpg

On 10/20/2021 at 5:40 PM, Pineapple B00ST said:

MOST OF HER CRITICS ARE JUST NITPICKY BANDWAGON ASSHOLES W SMALL PERSPECTIVES WHO NEVER REALLY FOLLOWED OR DARED TO GRASP WHAT HER CAREER JOURNEY HAS REALLY BEEN ABOUT WHICH JUST DISPLAYS THE STALE SHIT QUALITY OF MOST MODERN JOURNALISM TODAY LITTLE DO THEY KNOW THAT THEY'RE PART OF THE ART FORM OF NFR'S SOCIETAL CAMP AND LANA'S KITSCH PLAYING THE ROLE OF UNAWARE EVER ECHOING LIVING BUT LESS THAN ALIVE ANTAGONISTS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT STAY HAZY N LET THIS HEAVENLY WOMAN PASS U BY YA'LL DON'T DESERVE HER x8SyS6A.gif

Idk why but on mobile this font shows up as a cursive/script font and I’m having a stroke trying to read this 💀 

whatarecoloris.jpg

52 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

For me, it’s more of a blend of COCC and the early demos of UV. 

For me, NFR is a bit more..cinematic(?) and contains way more electronic elements. This album is VERY organic imo

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I honestly don't think NFR is a safe album at all and I'll never understand why people think so. A slightly softer sound on the surface does not make it safe, it's a deeply complex project and absolutely as brilliant as people say. 

Anyways, Blue Banisters is also brilliant:defeated:It further explains her as an artist and a person and I really hope people take the time to absorb it fully :cryney2:

10 minutes ago, fine china said:

At the end of BBS is she saying 

Hide contents

“Your wishes really made stacks out of it for me” ?

Spoiler

Interest not wishes

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

we get to enjoy the album like a general sorta 4 times at least. 

once with the singles/ and the unreleased 

twice w the l*ak 

third when it's released 

fourth after we've enjoyed it and move on and then remember it again and listen 

the layers of feels. so so good. 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

I honestly don't think NFR is a safe album at all and I'll never understand why people think so. A slightly softer sound on the surface does not make it safe, it's a deeply complex project and absolutely as brilliant as people say. 

Anyways, Blue Banisters is also brilliant:defeated:It further explains her as an artist and a person and I really hope people take the time to absorb it fully :cryney2:

It's not just fans saying that about NFR, though. She said it herself on the Grammys red carpet. 

It's arguably her most mainstream pop-sounding album, hence "safe"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, RELIGION said:

lana is dropping a fucking album tommorow

we have all at most said this like 8 times in our life

depending on your timezone, yes! :smile:

the album will officially be out for me at 11:00 pm, so technically it's a day early for me :ma: :oprah3:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix