Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I feel like the album tracklist is probably the best it can be as it is, but I was thinking about how Nectar of the Gods going into Arcadia would be a moment, with the whole theme of being lost. :trisha:

Also, as a random note, I’m manifesting Black Bathing Suit + Venice Bitch + Cruel Word for the sound of Lana’s next album. :true:

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

I honestly don't think NFR is a safe album at all and I'll never understand why people think so. A slightly softer sound on the surface does not make it safe, it's a deeply complex project and absolutely as brilliant as people say. 

Anyways, Blue Banisters is also brilliant:defeated:It further explains her as an artist and a person and I really hope people take the time to absorb it fully :cryney2:

I agree with this statement, frankly I think Lust for Life is her most mainstream album, doing pop sounds and mixing it with trap and other contemporary musical references. The last tracks are the most Lana-esque and the first half is incredibly accessible to the gp.

Guys..I feel lame because whenever I write on here I'm like "I'm so excited!" because I can't put into words how much Lana's music means to me. We're so lucky to have not one but two albums this year. I have other favorite artists but none of them even come close to how Lana's music makes me feel. She just can't do no wrong in my opinion. 

Can't wait to sing along to TB, BB, Arcadia, WFWF again and listen to the newer unheard songs plus the unreleased that have finally found a home! I've listened to Thunder + Cherry Blossom but I didn't listen much, I don't know all the words and I honestly can't remember how Thunder sounds so I'm excited to hear those two. Living Legend + Nectar of the Gods I've never heard so it'll be exciting to hear those since they'll feel new to me. I try not to listen to a lot of her unreleased in case she does eventually put them on an album, and that kinda worked out for me :teehee:

Anyways I always end up writing the same thing over and over whenever I post here but I feel so excited..life has been sucky lately especially this year but Chemtrails and Blue Banisters (the singles we've heard) has been so comforting for me. Can't wait to discuss the album either Thursday night or Friday :)

everyone is talking about how

there's no TJF/Cherry/Cinnamon Girl, but Black Bathing Suit is right there and better than all of them combined. 

I guess I'm complicated, my life's sorta too
I wish you could see to my soul through this black bathing suit
You don't know me any better than they do, baby
'Cause I sing like an angel, my heart's like one too
The only thing that fits is this black bathing suit
Lookin' at me lookin' over at you
Real cute 'cause

Better make out song than any of those

:whoopi::awkney: 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

my plan now is to go to my local record store friday morning to look for BB, but im getting so nervous that they won't have it i'm debating on calling them tommorow to ask if they have it? im like a super anxious person lol so phone calls are hard for me 

Just now, RELIGION said:

my plan now is to go to my local record store friday morning to look for BB, but im getting so nervous that they won't have it i'm debating on calling them tommorow to ask if they have it? im like a super anxious person lol so phone calls are hard for me 

my anxiety is so bad my nose literally starting bleeding when I submitted this

6 minutes ago, Heartlines said:

I've listened to Thunder + Cherry Blossom but I didn't listen much, I don't know all the words and I honestly can't remember how Thunder sounds so I'm excited to hear those two. Living Legend + Nectar of the Gods I've never heard so it'll be exciting to hear those since they'll feel new to me

Oh you're in for a ride on a John Deere better have some tissues ready :defeated:

I'm so jelous of those who have not heard the unreleased + Thunder + Dealer! Such a mindblowing first listen all at once :wub:

I wasn't completely won over by Blue Banisters upon first listen, but I've listened to it in its entirety several times now- on one long 400km stretch of a highway from 11pm to 3am, by the river under the setting sun walking on top of yellowing leaves, in hot baths until the water turned cool, in the morning as background music to watering my plants and taking care of my bird and just doing silly little mundane things... Somewhere along the way, something clicked. This album is something very special. I will admit it doesn't have the raw, lustful passion of UV, dripping in anger and sex and cheeky recklessness, AKA's drugged out, suicidal haze, or the carefully crafted ever-blue dramatic orchestration of Honeymoon (my favourite Lana albums), but it feels so subtly powerful. It feels like an exhausted and lived woman's recollection of her life. It feels like catharsis, like accepting the baggage and pain of the past and the grace and peace of shedding the anger of the cruelty against her and finally understanding why things are the way they are and one's place in the world. It's not a "happy" album- it's Lana accepting that some parts of her will always be broken, there will always be the stain of her mother's disdain, she will always yearn for horrible lovers and for an idealistic world she can never quite reach, and yet finding happiness despite all of that, in her little home, her little family, in the temporary experiences with every new lover, and her art. In living life as a decent person and just doing what makes her happy.

I don't know- it just feels like her truest work (other than Violets), her first truly autobiographical piece of art from start to finish. I love Born to Die so much, but I think any longtime fan can agree it was mostly a dreamed up world as most of Lana's massive unreleased catalogue is, and every album after that started to shed more and more of the fantasy and instead reflect the intricacies of her true world, and BB is the pinnacle of that. This whole release cycle, along with the beautiful BB video (no storyline and yet so incredibly revealing and shockingly personal) and her withdrawing from the public as well as her Honeymoon posts (signing off as L/E made me shit myself)... again, we're witnessing something really special. It just feels so human, when Lana and her world for so long felt so otherworldly and alien. This is an incredibly honest and vulnerable moment in her discography, and I'm not sure we'll reach a place like this with her for another long while.

Overall, certainly one of my favourite Lana albums. I'm very proud of her and feeling very sentimental.

:crying4::crai:

2 minutes ago, Shades said:

I wasn't completely won over by Blue Banisters upon first listen, but I've listened to it in its entirety several times now- on one long 400km stretch of a highway from 11pm to 3am, by the river under the setting sun walking on top of yellowing leaves, in hot baths until the water turned cool, in the morning as background music to watering my plants and taking care of my bird and just doing silly little mundane things... Somewhere along the way, something clicked. This album is something very special. I will admit it doesn't have the raw, lustful passion of UV, dripping in anger and sex and cheeky recklessness, AKA's drugged out, suicidal haze, or the carefully crafted ever-blue dramatic orchestration of Honeymoon (my favourite Lana albums), but it feels so subtly powerful. It feels like an exhausted and lived woman's recollection of her life. It feels like catharsis, like accepting the baggage and pain of the past and the grace and peace of shedding the anger of the cruelty against her and finally understanding why things are the way they are and one's place in the world. It's not a "happy" album- it's Lana accepting that some parts of her will always be broken, there will always be the stain of her mother's disdain, she will always yearn for horrible lovers and for an idealistic world she can never quite reach, and yet finding happiness despite all of that, in her little home, her little family, in the temporary experiences with every new lover, and her art. In living life as a decent person and just doing what makes her happy.

I don't know- it just feels like her truest work (other than Violets), her first truly autobiographical piece of art from start to finish. I love Born to Die so much, but I think any longtime fan can agree it was mostly a dreamed up world as most of Lana's massive unreleased catalogue is, and every album after that started to shed more and more of the fantasy and instead reflect the intricacies of her true world, and BB is the pinnacle of that. This whole release cycle, along with the beautiful BB video (no storyline and yet so incredibly revealing and shockingly personal) and her withdrawing from the public as well as her Honeymoon posts (signing off as L/E made me shit myself)... again, we're witnessing something really special. It just feels so human, when Lana and her world for so long felt so otherworldly and alien. This is an incredibly honest and vulnerable moment in her discography, and I'm not sure we'll reach a place like this with her for another long while.

Overall, certainly one of my favourite Lana albums. I'm very proud of her and feeling very sentimental.

Wonderfully put. Found the words that I feel, but could never express eloquently.:oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, turquoisejewel said:

Oh you're in for a ride on a John Deere better have some tissues ready :defeated:

I'm so jelous of those who have not heard the unreleased + Thunder + Dealer! Such a mindblowing first listen all at once :wub:

Spoiler

I'll put this in a spoiler tag because I have been reading the lyrics people have posted here. Honestly I'm ready to cry and laugh based on lyrics I've read and what people have posted about the songs. Blue Banisters makes me cry whenever I hear it, it sounds so heartbreaking but hopeful...I can't really describe songs but that's how it feels to me lol. I might be boring when I do post my thoughts on the album because like I said I love everything she puts out, so there's a high chance I'll love every song on this album. Super excited to hear Dealer as well, any song with screaming (that and BBS apparently) I'm ready for that chaotic energy. 

Spoiler

Really crushed that Beautiful strings version isn't going to be the released version. Defo gonna be replacing that one in my library

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

I’ve only been listening to the previously unheard songs this week and I am super excited to listen to the album as a whole fri! I’ve abstained from listening to BB/WFWF/TB and can’t wait to see how I feel about all the songs once they’re in context of the actual track listing

aOaIzH2.gif

12 minutes ago, Shades said:

this made me even more excited to listen tomorrow, thank you :crying:

7 minutes ago, Heartlines said:

Hide contents

I'll put this in a spoiler tag because I have been reading the lyrics people have posted here. Honestly I'm ready to cry and laugh based on lyrics I've read and what people have posted about the songs. Blue Banisters makes me cry whenever I hear it, it sounds so heartbreaking but hopeful...I can't really describe songs but that's how it feels to me lol. I might be boring when I do post my thoughts on the album because like I said I love everything she puts out, so there's a high chance I'll love every song on this album. Super excited to hear Dealer as well, any song with screaming (that and BBS apparently) I'm ready for that chaotic energy. 

I feel this!

I haven't heard the 5 new songs either but I've been reading every single spoiler loll I'm so confused and eager to listen. Friday can't come sooner :crying5:

5 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:
  Hide contents

Really crushed that Beautiful strings version isn't going to be the released version. Defo gonna be replacing that one in my library

I’ve heard Beautiful is piano on physics and strings on digital

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

2 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

I feel this!

I haven't heard the 5 new songs either but I've been reading every single spoiler loll I'm so confused and eager to listen. Friday can't come sooner :crying5:

Same lol, I can avoid the leaks because I know I'll regret it when release day is here. But reading spoilers about what the songs sound like I can't avoid. I guess that's very different though, I can't imagine how the songs will sound like even with all the descriptions. 

24 minutes ago, RELIGION said:

my anxiety is so bad my nose literally starting bleeding when I submitted this

are you in the US? if you want to, dm me & I will call your record store tomorrow for you and message you back :) anxiety blows. I had major phone anxiety and got over it a few years ago! :kiss2:

25 minutes ago, Shades said:

This is beautiful. I agree with a lot of what you wrote - it's deliberately a complicated album, but there's a definite bittersweet resilience to it that I'm really struck by. She's basically saying "This is me, in all of my frustrating messiness and brilliance. Take it or leave it." It's Lana (or Elizabeth) taking inventory of who's still here, 10 years on, revisiting the past, evaluating the present, and making space for the future.

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's not just fans saying that about NFR, though. She said it herself on the Grammys red carpet. 

It's arguably her most mainstream pop-sounding album, hence "safe"

I could be wrong but I remember her saying something like "it's just cool so what's not to like" which does not mean that it's safe. It is cool but it's also very complex, and Lana definitely seemed very proud of it. I don't get mainstream pop from NFR. 

But anyways this is the wrong thread for this topic. Blue Banisters is upon us :justride2::hype: