Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Let me run with the wolves

Let me do what I do
Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness
I can turn blue into something

Beautiful

One of my favorite lines on the album. It's so simple, but it is so evocative of Lana's essence :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:
  Hide contents

Let me run with the wolves

Let me do what I do
Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness
I can turn blue into something

Beautiful

One of my favorite lines on the album. It's so simple, but it is so evocative of Lana's essence :wub:

My favorite from this song is

Spoiler

Let's keep it simple, babe
We can't afford to change it
Don't turn me into something I'm not
There's no way to sustain it

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I could be wrong but I remember her saying something like "it's just cool so what's not to like" which does not mean that it's safe. It is cool but it's also very complex, and Lana definitely seemed very proud of it. I don't get mainstream pop from NFR. 

But anyways this is the wrong thread for this topic. Blue Banisters is upon us :justride2::hype:

No the interviewer asked her why she thought it got a nomination and she said something about how it was interesting that it got a nomination because it was safer than her past albums. 

On the topic of BB, it would not be eligible for 2022 because it's too late, right? Only COCC

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

No the interviewer asked her why she thought it got a nomination and she said something about how it was interesting that it got a nomination because it was safer than her past albums. 

On the topic of BB, it would not be eligible for 2022 because it's too late, right? Only COCC

Correct! Consideration closes August 31st annually, I believe 

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

are you in the US? if you want to, dm me & I will call your record store tomorrow for you and message you back :) anxiety blows. I had major phone anxiety and got over it a few years ago! :kiss2:

Omg this is the nicest thing I've ever read on here :defeated: So kind of you to do that for a fellow lipster! :cryney2:

had the album on shuffle by mistake. going from "Dealer" to "Cherry Blossom" was a trip. 

:air::wowcry:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:
  Reveal hidden contents

had the album on shuffle by mistake. going from "Dealer" to "Cherry Blossom" was a trip. 

:air::wowcry:

Spoiler

Not like going from VfR to Dealer is different :toofunny:

3 minutes ago, 5adboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not like going from VfR to Dealer is different :toofunny:

Ok, fair, but it's different in my mind going from a ballad to a screamer than a screamer to a maternal lullaby 

:ma: 

Beautiful is such an interesting song to me. It feels like the mission statement of the album, or Lana herself in general right now. It even has some of my favorite lyrics on the entire album, but it's also pretty simple, so I also feel like it's going to be dragged? 

:toofunny: I guess it's one of those songs, where it's 110% Lana, but definitely not for everyone. I don't know how to articulate what I mean... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

what're everyone's plans for release day? i'm curious. :sass:

Ideally: Go to Target first thing in the morning and buy multiple CD copies. Order an iced matcha latte from Starbucks and sit in my car for a bit while admiring the booklet. Get a room at the Hilton hotel for the night with a balcony. Spend some time sitting there listening to the album while glazing at the views, sipping coffee, and listening to each lyric carefully as I try to put together the puzzle pieces of Lana's story and how far she has come. Fall in love with her music all over again :flutter:. Take a hike in the mountains nearby as I reminisce on how amazing the album was and take some time to gather my thoughts on it. Later that night order room service while watching her performance on TV.  Afterwards listen to the album all over again but this time in the hot tub under the pale moonlight with the stars glistening in the reflection of the water :wub:

Reality: Listen to the album on Spotify at midnight, post on Lanaboards until 3 AM, wake up at 8 AM, snooze my alarm until 9 AM, rush to work and think about going to Target all day as I sit through boring meetings. Finally get my hands on a copy at like 8 PM because traffic is awful in my town and I have to work overtime that day :bebe::cryney:

1 hour ago, Shades said:

I don't know- it just feels like her truest work (other than Violets), her first truly autobiographical piece of art from start to finish. I love Born to Die so much, but I think any longtime fan can agree it was mostly a dreamed up world as most of Lana's massive unreleased catalogue is, and every album after that started to shed more and more of the fantasy and instead reflect the intricacies of her true world, and BB is the pinnacle of that.

YOUR POST:wub:

but specifically this!! I’m prepping for the album tomorrow by re-listening to all of her work in chronological order and it makes me feel a certain way when I get to Paradise and “Yayo” saying “let me put on a show for you daddy” versus how BB opens????

”I guess you can call it text book

I was searching for the father I wanted back”

ITS REFLECTIVE AND EVOCATIVE OF HER PREVIOUS BODY OF WORK. I keep finding parallels between the released songs of BB and her previous albums and it’s just so much:crai:

1 hour ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

this flopped 

Listen as soon as its up on streaming. Maybe another go for some of the new ones that I really love. Probably write a defensive review and plaster it everywhere because people don't understand how to read her prose. Then a Lord of the Rings themed Halloween party where I'm really going to be thinking about the lyrics and production choices over and over and over. If I have too much to drink, I'll probably blast a track over top Gandalf falling into the pit. The usual. 

I don't wanna liiiiiiiiiive

http://maudit.tumblr.com/post/18611231320

I should be sleeping but I'm too excited aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

goodnight less than a day left :oprah4:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg