Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Guess I couldn't wait 9 hours :toofunny: Overall I like the album! I know I'll be playing 10 of the 15 songs and that's really good.

• Black Bathing Suit has a beautiful opening. I love the melodies and harmonies and I like how much she opened up in this one and let go. The yelling background vocals are so Lizzy, I love it. And it has a kind of messiness that I really appreciate and makes a lot of sense too. I've listened to Jack talk about how he likes to make things messy and off-beat but I never liked the way he did it. This song is a good example of it done really well and with more purpose (I'm sorry Jack stans, I know it's just a personal preference).
  • If You Lie Down With Me- The song gets much better as it goes on so I know this one won't be a skip because you have to listen to the whole thing to appreciate it. I love the vintage brass in it and I would LOVE Lana to incorporate more of it. I have to mention the guys who did that- Blake Cooper on the tuba, and Dan Fornero, Dan Rosenboom and Wayne Bergeron on the trumpets. It was a genius move.
  • Beautiful- another gorgeous intro. Is that Drew Erickson making the chimes sound on the keyboard? Please stay, man. I like the melody of this song too, but it's not very memorable tbh. I would love to hear the strings version I've heard people talking about. I hope it can be posted after release.
  • Violets for Roses- I do have the general vibe of this song stuck in my head since I heard the snippet, so it is catchy to me, and beautiful, and I'm thankful has a more full production, but it could really be that song if it had a little more- I'm not sure what, maybe very soft orchestral drums and a tiny bit of harp or something. Why does it just end like that tho…
  • Dealer- I LOVE Miles' feature on this song, honestly, it's got to be in my top 10 Lana songs for sure. I get into the mood immediately. Just phenomenal, a 10/10 song.
  • Thunder- It's still such a beautiful song, but I miss the opening drums and how it sounded so raw like an amazing live take before (and it probably was?), as if you were really there. I wish it all could have just been mashed together so nothing had to be removed, but if I'd never heard the first version of Thunder, I'd still think this song was perfection.
  • Nectar of the Gods- I really wish something more was done? I wonder if this is going to confuse fans who don't know about this being an old raw song, and it'll be exciting to read those thoughts. Really hoping this song doesn't get backlash for promoting DV or something, because with no context… but imagine if it was a man singing it, just saying :S I'll be bracing myself. It's a daring move.
  • Living Legend- a shame the version with more piano wasn't the one that made it on the album. I also can't wait to hear people's reactions to this one.
  • Cherry Blossom- I absolutely loved the piano in this one, so I'm glad this was it.
  • Sweet Carolina- yeah nah. But it's nice for her family.

even if it’s a midnight local release, i won’t do the first listen at midnight because it doesn’t have those vibes. gonna wait till next day after school so i can properly blast it in my speakers with candles

Spoiler

I played UFB after BBS & it actually fits quite well between BBS & If You Lie Down With Me :oprah:

Maybe I'll do a BB deluxe version with UFB & ITTJ on it:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

47 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

22 hours and 39 minutes! :party:

(for North Americans, at least. Probably sooner for some of our other friends all over the world! 🌍️) 

:oprah4::oprah:

I can't wait for you all who are waiting to finally hear it!!!:oprah:

I think you & @HighbyTheDealer will absolutely love this album:trisha: 

Btw do we know at what time she performs at the Colbert Show?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ok this might be the first & the last time where you see me "complaining" about sth on this album :bebe:

Spoiler

The transition between VfR & Thunder is a little bit harsh tbh , like I'm crying & are super emotional, lying on the floor in VfR & then suddenly those drums kick in & kinda scare me 

But in the end in I don't really mind the "harsh" transition because it's a whole ass mood:true::gurl:

At first I thought Nectar was sonically a choice (not a good one) after WFWF but WFWF outro feels like an explosion and then Nectar starts softly with her haunting "oooooh's" & with the line "Oh what cruel world is this(..) " after realizing in WFWF how cruel the world is. Ngl I absolutely love Nectar being placed after WFWF now:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I must be the only one here who hasn't heard the new album yet.

:dmd:

3 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Correct! Consideration closes August 31st annually, I believe 

This is Olivia Rodrigo's year. Lana isn't even going to get nominated and I think after what happened last year, she doesn't give a fuck about the Grammys.

gonna split cotcc and blue banisters into 2 albums after i frankenstein them

one about lifes mundanities it's a anime with no overarching plot it's simplistic and covid-aware and housewife girl power

the other is nonstop nostalgia self reflection spiritual inclination complete chaotic mess death strung out rebirth in the epoch

Hey guys i wanted to find something about the storyline of Sweet Carolina and i'd like to know if you guys know the exact date Chuck gave birth to baby Phoenix..

I mean chuck said on her post that BB mv and photoshoot were shoot 3 weeks before giving birth and lana posted the BB album cover on July 3/4 so i guess everything was shoot mid June? does sb know the birth date?

actually want to actively make tiny compilations of this trilogy we have where NFR is day in the life of depressed la vagabond and cotcc is day in the life of la skeptic and bb is day in the life of woman with an identity crisis and a desperation for an anchor

just in the sense that i want to combine all the mariner sounding songs that jack made like it's oceanic lounge music all tied together via instrumental

or another where it's snapshots of americana idealism for suburbia being bleached by pandemic

and the other where its statements of self like if u took a magnifying glass inward and used the sun to burn holes where holes are suppose to be and haven't been made yet i think that'd be fun   

I listened to the leak and honestly I just wish I wouldn't have listened to the singles :stareney: if any of you has kept themselves from listening them you're in for a treat, the album is great but overplaying everything I had the chance kind of ruined the experience for me

Black Bathing Suit, Text Book and Living Legend some of the best songs of her career still <3

strong like a tree but the unlucky one