Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I hate how that review starts off with, “One could argue that one Lana Del Rey album a year is enough. But here we are…” That is so tactless. They make it seem as if the record was like, thrust upon them, or something. No one is forcing you to listen if you don’t want to. So rude! 

Just now, Thunder Revenant said:

y'all are so overdramatic though. That review HAS a point. For anyone not a hardcore Lana-stan that ready Lanalyzis threads on here, there will probably not really be a lot to get from the "story" she said she'd tell with BB.

And nothing's unprovessional about saying that if you dislike slow tracks, whispery vocals and reverb you may probably dislike LDR too cause .. well, that's a fact.

I like the album so I don't agree with their rating but y'all have to accept that people outside stan culture exist and that they are entitled to their opinion too.

literally me abt to cry bc i tainted the bb thread with a poor review 

mUENGN9.png

4 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

y'all are so overdramatic though. That review HAS a point. For anyone not a hardcore Lana-stan that ready Lanalyzis threads on here, there will probably not really be a lot to get from the "story" she said she'd tell with BB.

And nothing's unprovessional about saying that if you dislike slow tracks, whispery vocals and reverb you may probably dislike LDR too cause .. well, that's a fact.

I like the album so I don't agree with their rating but y'all have to accept that people outside stan culture exist and that they are entitled to their opinion too.

:horror:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

11 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Naw they didn’t even spell her name right 

LOL it's 2021 and these people are still spelling "Lana Del Ray" get tf out of here.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

No one is dragging them for criticizing the album. We're calling them out for being unprofessional, writing lazily, and combining what is supposed to be a music review with personal animosity 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I am perfectly fine with reviews that disagree or don’t like the album as much as we do, I enjoy reading all reviews — but they literally misspelled her name !! :thumb3: I write music reviews for a small/medium outlet too and have NEVER seen someone say “one album is enough” or “this artist is not for you.” For them to only mention whisper singing seems to me they missed the many parts where she screams and belts?! Like they only heard a brief part of each song. But overall, it seemed to lack in basic research of the artist, grammar review, effort to make their opinions artful or tactful in anyway etc. The review yesterday, which also wrote off the album somewhat negatively, was a much better, intellectual, and thorough read. 

giphy.gif

I'm sorry but there is no way this album is not going to not rank high with ratings, truly a masterpiece :oprah3:

https://www.stereogum.com/2164650/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-album-review/reviews/premature-evaluation/ has this been posted?

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

No one is dragging them for criticizing the album. We're calling them out for being unprofessional, writing lazily, and combining what is supposed to be a music review with personal animosity 

Exactly! An actual review is meant to analyze the music, that should not be too much to ask. That review was rudely written and full of lazy takes and inaccurate details.

the cocc reviews focused much more in the controversies than the music, i guess is going to be the same for blue banisters but instead they're directly judging her  and things like leaving sm, putting leaked and old music on the album, etc, etc. god forbid they even hear about yt rips.

It's fine to not like the album, and that wasn't my issue with the article. My issue was that they feel as though it's their place to say how Lana should be telling her story. There also seems as though there's a bias against Lana from the person who wrote the review based on those first few sentences. If you're going to write a review on the album, you have to be objective. Letting your own personal biases bleed into your opinions is never a good idea if you want to be seen as a credible site/reviewer. 

imageproxy.jpg

I hope metacritic doesn't count that trash review. That review screams "ad hominem" text book, full of personal attacks & terribly misinterpreted the whole point of what an "album review" should be.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

y'all I have a theory that IYLDWM is going to get a video because in the booklet the only songs that have their lyrics printed out are BB, arcadia, and IYLDWM. BB and arcadia already have MVs and with chemtrails, the booklet only had lyrics for white dress, title track, and LMLYLAW.....the only three songs that got a music video. 

1 minute ago, benririchardson said:

y'all I have a theory that IYLDWM is going to get a video because in the booklet the only songs that have their lyrics printed out are BB, arcadia, and IYLDWM. BB and arcadia already have MVs and with chemtrails, the booklet only had lyrics for white dress, title track, and LMLYLAW.....the only three songs that got a music video. 

Agreed. It's likely the video for IYLDWM is what she shot with Father John Misty.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I hate how that review starts off with, “One could argue that one Lana Del Rey album a year is enough. But here we are…” That is so tactless. They make it seem as if the record was like, thrust upon them, or something. No one is forcing you to listen if you don’t want to. So rude! 

Exactly! The amount of records she made this year has literally nothing to do with THIS record and it's irrelevant. They're so obviously biased against her and it's already poorly constructed journalism :usrsney:

I really hope this isn't a sign of what's to come with these reviews :oprah2: I truly don't understand why someone would want to be a music critic if they aren't going to spend time with the album and try to understand it. If you still don't like it after that, then that's fine, but at least explain your critiques.

2 minutes ago, benririchardson said:

it certainly deserves a mv :trisha:

BBS and Thunder too