Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

23 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

y'all are so overdramatic though. That review HAS a point. For anyone not a hardcore Lana-stan that ready Lanalyzis threads on here, there will probably not really be a lot to get from the "story" she said she'd tell with BB.

And nothing's unprovessional about saying that if you dislike slow tracks, whispery vocals and reverb you may probably dislike LDR too cause .. well, that's a fact.

I like the album so I don't agree with their rating but y'all have to accept that people outside stan culture exist and that they are entitled to their opinion too.

you are literally always grumpy. :oprah2:

faSE.gif

33 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

This review is …horribly written????? At least dissect the songs and compare them to her other songs. To say “then, yeah, she’s not for you” is really unprofessional. At least articulate why you felt it deserved 3 stars, but not 2 or 4, etc.

HAHAHAHAHA is this a joke?????

come back to us when you write an album review about the actual album and pleASE have someone qualified to do it :nails:

faSE.gif

Except for the Stereogum "premature evaluation" and The Times UK review, I couldn't find another one except for this very positive review:

https://www.theinterns.net/2021/10/22/the-first-listen-lana-del-rey-blue-banisters/

They vastly prefer BB to COCC.

Best tracks: Blue Banisters, Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down With Me, Thunder, Sweet Carolina

Skips: Interlude - The Trio, Wildflower Wildfire, Cherry Blossom

8.5/10

1 minute ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Except for the Stereogum "premature evaluation", I couldn't find any other review except for this very positive one:

https://www.theinterns.net/2021/10/22/the-first-listen-lana-del-rey-blue-banisters/

They vastly prefer this to COCC.

Best tracks: Blue Banisters, Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down With Me, Thunder, Sweet Carolina

8.5/10

The title track to this record must be one of her most loved tracks since Venice Bitch/Mariners, outside of the critics of course. I see nothing but positive comments from casuals about it on social media 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

kinda sad the string version of beautiful isnt the one on streaming still love the song though the sentiment is so beautiful, as lana would put it :flutter:

4 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Except for the Stereogum "premature evaluation", I couldn't find any other review except for this very positive one:

They vastly prefer this to COCC.

8.5/10

this is a great review! they actually know what they're talking about and have interesting takes even when i disagree

6 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

8.5/10

this is how you write an album review, ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC. :true:

faSE.gif

Nah, it's more like this:

https://imgflip.com/i/5ratfv

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Why do even the good reviews need to throw it all away with some stupid sentence at the end: "It’s so good that you can’t help wonder whether it would’ve had even more impact if Chemtrails never existed at all." Fuck off, Kevin.

13 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

8.5/10

Cannot believe I just saw someone call Wildflower Wildfire a skip with my own two eyes...but other than that, I loved this review 

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Cannot believe I just saw someone call Wildflower Wildfire a skip with my own two eyes...but other than that, I loved this review 

Ngl it kinda is one of my least favorites of the album. Some of her best lyrics, but the piano is quite possibly worse than the HIAB piano 

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Why do even the good reviews need to throw it all away with some stupid sentence at the end: "It’s so good that you can’t help wonder whether it would’ve had even more impact if Chemtrails never existed at all." Fuck off, Kevin.

I really don’t get the Chemtrails hate. Sure, it’s got some low points like Breaking Up Slowly. But does anyone really think she should have trashed the title track, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, or Yosemite? To me, those are some of her best songs period.

Lana has given us two amazing albums in one year.