Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

9 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Why do even the good reviews need to throw it all away with some stupid sentence at the end: "It’s so good that you can’t help wonder whether it would’ve had even more impact if Chemtrails never existed at all." Fuck off, Kevin.

i mean, its kinda tea… i said this before too, but i really do think if chemtrails and bb were merged it would be her strongest album, but i prefer to have both albums by themselves.

2 minutes ago, FFXSoul91 said:

I really don’t get the Chemtrails hate. Sure, it’s got some low points like Breaking Up Slowly. But does anyone really think she should have trashed the title track, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, or Yosemite? To me, those are some of her best songs period.

Those are beautiful songs yeah - but they're literally the only good songs on COCC. It should have been an EP re-release of NFR. BB is able to stand on its own a bit better with a larger range of listenable songs. :true:

Omg I forgot I have my VPN on and all the songs are up on YouTube on her official account :raven: I’m nervous yet excited to listen, is it crazy to just wait until it’s on Spotify? Does YouTube have lower quality? AHHHH!!!! I had mentally prepared myself to listen with wine tonight!!!

4 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Omg I forgot I have my VPN on and all the songs are up on YouTube on her official account :raven: I’m nervous yet excited to listen, is it crazy to just wait until it’s on Spotify? Does YouTube have lower quality? AHHHH!!!! I had mentally prepared myself to listen with wine tonight!!!

I'm waiting until it's up on spotify for me :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I would say if you've lasted this long, wait until you can listen exactly how you envision with no distractions! 

Me trying not to listen to If You Lie Down With Me right now

maxresdefault.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm waiting until it's up on spotify for me :oprah3:

I think I want to do the same! It will feel more exciting to listen and sh*tpost with everyone in the US hearing it for the first time :crying: I wouldn’t be able to listen peacefully while working now either!!

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I would say if you've lasted this long, wait until you can listen exactly how you envision with no distractions! 

you keep me going!!! it will be so much better tonight after work, I will wait :raven::hype::agree:

Die Presse: https://www.diepresse.com/6050543/lana-del-rey-lasziv-und-doch-melancholisch

I don't speak German and it's behind a pay wall, but what I got from Google Translate:

Lana Del Rey: Lascivious and yet melancholy

With “Blue Banisters” the singer delivers her second masterpiece this year. A few weeks before the release of “Blue Banisters”, Lana Del Rey switched off her social media channels. She has obviously had enough of the abuse that her consistently anti-feminist attitude has provoked in our time, in which a mass neurosis called "wokeness" is rampant. Del Rey has a very differentiated image of men. She stays true to her preferred topics. And does it in a narrative style that is reminiscent of the cinematic language of David Lynch.

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Me trying not to listen to If You Lie Down With Me right now

maxresdefault.jpg

Update: I failed

Spoiler

LA LA LA LIE LA LA LA LIE IF YOU LIE DOWN RIGHT NEXT TO ME :grinds:

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

She has obviously had enough of the abuse that her consistently anti-feminist attitude has provoked in our time

consistently anti feminist attitude?:awkney:

Can we spread this guys?

YgQmO8v.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Corona said:

consistently anti feminist attitude?:awkney:

Lol right :um2: I'm hoping the nuance on what they're saying got lost in google translation or is further elaborated on later in the review, because otherwise they call the album a masterpiece and reference David Lynch which are both very good things