Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

56 minutes until the album oficially drops in my timezone. This was really such a journey. I really enjoy going through a pre-release era with u guys. freaking out about every little thing that turns out being false. Our manifestations and all of that. Hope u can have an amazing day tomorrow with BB finally being released!:oprah:

giphy.gif

Just now, That Venice Bitch said:

As much as people hate him I always watch Melonhead's reactions because they're entertaining. He doesn't understand Lana's stuff sometimes but its whatever

he didn't hate Arcadia!

Yeah, I get a kick out of Melonhead as well and don't feel hate towards him at all. I'm just not looking forward to this album review because I know he's going to trash either the middle part of the record or the last part of the record :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Remember when we were waiting on Chemtrails this time last year and manifesting an October album?

Well, we got Chemtrails AND an October album. We are blessed, luvs.

Luv u all. :wub: :kiss3: :sky:

1 minute ago, Poor Stacy said:

Remember when we were waiting on Chemtrails this time last year and manifesting an October album?

Well, we got Chemtrails AND an October album. We are blessed, luvs. Luv u. :wub: :kiss3: :sky:

remember when we've been saying "she's going on hiatus" after every release since Paradise 

six albums later :ma:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

The slow build-up in Thunder is stunning. Every instrument coming together piece by piece makes the song magical in an entirely new way. An album, and honestly a career, highlight. 

imageproxy.jpg

49 minutes till I pretend I will hear the album for the first time :oprah4:

FOR SOME REASON I'M SO HYPED

YOU ALL READY TO MOVE INTO THE POST RELAESE THREAD?

I AM BUT AT THE SAME TIME I AM NOT:trisha: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

once the album is officially out, i'm going to actually listen to it from start-to-finish, when the album leaked, i just listened to a select-few unheard tracks (i actually haven't heard the new version of thunder yet :oopna:) so hopefully this will give me a better understanding & attitude towards the album! :really: :party: 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

once the album is officially out, i'm going to actually listen to it from start-to-finish, when the album leaked, i just listened to a select-few unheard tracks (i actually haven't heard the new version of thunder yet :oopna:) so hopefully this will give me a better understanding & attitude towards the album! :really: :party: 

Both of us were on the same page on our first listen (like we are about most things), and then everything clicked for me. Hope it does the same for you! :oprah:

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

For me, my experience with the album was so much better when I listened to it start to finish (including the already released songs). The tracklist is kind of messy, yes, but it helps to put things into context a bit better and honestly just made them sound fresher to my ears. These songs feel as though they were made to be together in any order. Also, I have a feeling you're gonna like the new Thunder :yesnod:

imageproxy.jpg

a short soundcheck from my local radio station:

On Lana Del Rey's 8th album, the groundhog says hello: against a pompous, melancholy backdrop, she murmurs of painful longing, transfigured America and motorized means of transport - you know. But it's not all as usual: Jack Antonoff is no longer with the band after two albums together. He is not missed: "Blue Banisters" has what it takes to replace "Norman Fucking Rockwell!" as Del Rey's best record so far.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendungen/soundcheck/albumtipps/blue-banister-von-lana-del-rey.html

Tomorrow evening, the album will be reviewed in detail on their broadcast.

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

a short soundcheck of my local radio station:

https://www.radioeins.de/programm/sendungen/soundcheck/albumtipps/blue-banister-von-lana-del-rey.html

Tomorrow evening, the album will be reviewed in detail on their broadcast.

Omg !! I think I'm going to listen to this!! Thanks for sharing!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Jack Antonoff is no longer with the band after two albums together. He is not missed

I cackled at this :thumb3:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, ultrababy said:

I’m so excited to hear it in less than a hour! Is it going to appear on Spotify as soon as midnight drops? 

Yup, midnight wherever you're located!