Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I'm starting to notice a theme in the reviews, that theme being "It's Not NFR So I Won't Even Try To Listen Outside That Lens" 

imageproxy.jpg

10 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

They can go to hell :peace:

i stopped reading at 

“If this is the end, I want a boyfriend / Someone to eat ice-cream with and watch television,” she sings on Black Bathing Suit, a song that appears to nod to lockdown weight gain (“The only thing that still fits me is this black bathing suit”). 

Rachel should be fired. This is absolute garbage writing and I’m not going to read the rest and waste precious mental energy. The guardian always sucks ass. :smokes3:

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, 111 said:

Oh god. Here comes the "SHE NEEDED SCRAPS TO MAKE THIS ONE. IT'S NOT NFR!" 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

"That she can still manage to be this perplexing after a decade in the game is a massive achievement."

Wow at these extremely backhanded "compliments" honestly I'm fine w legit critiques and different tastes like go ahead, but stuff like this is just???? Was that really necessary? 

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

a body of work that has different kinds of thoughts, themes, feelings, & messages? how dare she! how dare she write about different things! how dare she try out different styles! how dare she not stick to one exact subject! :awk:

If she would have stuck to one subject they would have critized that too, like those critics can rot in the deepest pits of hell tbh

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I mean…

i didn’t think the guardian review was too bad - it’s honest. not everyone’s gonna have the same opinions, and obviously i’d like the album to get better ratings but hey, it is what it is, and it was decently written i’d say

also? i’m not really seeing a lot of the “it’s not NFR so i don’t like it 😤” vibe yall seem to be 🤨

Not me sleeping for 15 hours except for a point where I woke up for about 30 minutes and groggily checked LanaBoards LOL.

Anyway, I'm so excited to be here for the final few hours of Pre-Release Period & then have my first listen with you all! I'm now going to back and read the 350 pages from this thread that I missed over the past week while I was away lol - seems like you all have been having lots of fun here as we approached Blue Banisters' release! We're finally here now ahhhh time flies!! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

It can make an artist’s work seem less special, an impression compounded here by the inclusion of offcuts from 2014’s Ultraviolence and an abandoned 2017 collaborative album with Alex Turner and Miles Kane’s side project the Last Shadow Puppets

wait till they find out about her youtube to mp3 work in the backyard

The only reason I could see NME giving this a lower rating than Chemtrails is that there was no major music video attached to it. Because this album is by and large a more completed, thought out and better record

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, your dealer said:

i stopped reading at 

“If this is the end, I want a boyfriend / Someone to eat ice-cream with and watch television,” she sings on Black Bathing Suit, a song that appears to nod to lockdown weight gain (“The only thing that still fits me is this black bathing suit”). 

Rachel should be fired. This is absolute garbage writing and I’m not going to read the rest and waste precious mental energy. The guardian always sucks ass. :smokes3:

but like? that IS what the song seems to be about…. soooo???

like it wasn’t written maliciously… it’s just a lockdown cliche a lot of people dealt with 

This album is already turning out to be polarizing in a sense. I get the same feeling from reading Blue Banisters reviews that I have when I've gone back and read reviews for Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. It's like Lana was first put in the "Born to Die" box, and then she was put into the "NFR" box (Lust for Life was kind of the middle ground between the two, in my opinion) and her stepping out of the box tends to lead to some not so great reviews. The people reviewing the record don't understand it at all. 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, 111 said:

It can make an artist’s work seem less special, an impression compounded here by the inclusion of offcuts from 2014’s Ultraviolence and an abandoned 2017 collaborative album with Alex Turner and Miles Kane’s side project the Last Shadow Puppets

wait till they find out about her youtube to mp3 work in the backyard

but like...NO one outside of Lana's core base knows about this? How would anyone listening to this record for the first time put that together :whoopi: