Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Also, I don’t read music reviews at all really so idk if this is normal but… what is with the excessive descriptors? It’s really annoying me, somehow they list three adjectives in a row and yet manage to say nothing.. And no one seems to really digest and philosophize the content of her songs and the album as a whole, they just list some instruments and quote a random lyric, and any connections they make are surface level… I thot y’all had to go to school to get this job right?? 

UbsOye5.png

1 minute ago, 111 said:

yes, at least the fans would still be aware that they are outtakes and once we heard them we would know how lyrically subpar they are

i mean "spin me around like a ballerina?" lizzy grant is shaking.

her songwriting is miles (kane) better nowadays, the stream of consciousness, the revelations and the tongue-in-cheek lines that throw you off-balance ('fuck you kevin') are much better than i get wild on you baby i get wild and fucking crazy

:true:

Can you just stop with the Nectar hate?

We got it , you don't like it being on the album :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

Definitely no. I didn’t see this harassment when TNBAR, Bartender or Yosemite made their respective albums. 

because when those were released they were 2 to 3 years old at max, we are dealing with 8 year old outtakes now and more than the amount of outtakes that we got before so it shows

my heart is pounding oh god this will be around 70 or lower there's no way she will top chemtrails' score

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and Blue Banisters...the misunderstood trifecta. :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i would agree that releasing 8 year old outtakes is a choice but let's not act like they're terribly written because of one awkward line in the chorus, nectar has a lot of really interesting, well-written lines, and cherry blossom is very beautiful

it simply cannot compare to that stupid crypto/kevin line in sweet carolina, or any streams of consiousness...

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Critics can be very pretentious. The critiques made in the Guardian review are — I don’t want to say baseless — but the way they go about framing their points is really too much. Even in “positive” reviews, there are a lot of backhanded compliments. It’s as if they feel the need to justify their paying Lana a compliment.  :awk:

The Guardian Journalists I’d not piss on if they were on fire, real nasty hatful bunch who seem to detest when an artist doesn’t follow the grain.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i would agree that releasing 8 year old outtakes is a choice but let's not act like they're terribly written because of one awkward line in the chorus, nectar has a lot of really interesting, well-written lines, and cherry blossom is very beautiful

it simply cannot compare to that stupid crypto/kevin line in sweet carolina, or any streams of consiousness...

I was with you until this and quickly unliked :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon and Blue Banisters...the misunderstood trifecta. :oprah3:

It's also her holy trinity:oprah: Coincidence?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: