Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Spoiler

Dig deeper, however, and you’ll find this record was years in the making. “Nectar of the Gods” and “Cherry Blossom”, both of which leaked in 2019, can be traced all the way back to the Ultraviolence recording sessions

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-album-review

okay they definitely had some heads up cause...

21 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

What do you mean? Are my bluetooth earbuds that shit that I don't even notice? 

A lot of noise and “cracks” (I don’t know how to call them) in the vocals 

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

I am disappointed that no reviewer has mentioned the lyrical complexities of Blue Banisters, Text Book, and Wildflower Wildfire. As far as I’m concerned, those three tracks are some of her best written. 

I also think it’s strange that nobody has commented on the lyrical continuity throughout? The loose themes of motherhood and family lineage that run between the triple singles, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, and (I assume, as I haven’t heard it yet) Sweet Carolina are definitely worthy of mention. How embarrassing that critics never seem to focus on the lyrical brilliance and autobiographical dive Lana takes, and instead focus on one-off lines that are meant to provoke and offer a bit of lightness. Context clues & reading between the lines as a listener serve you well! :true:

Fascinatingly, there’s a cohesion to the album despite its reliance on previously shelved material, successfully positioning it not as a slapdash compilation of archived songs but instead as a carefully sequenced selection of autobiographical numbers past and present. 

- The Line Of Best Fit 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm mary (scared of pitchfork) again :derpna2:

Pitchfork is kind of notorious for giving Lana scores in the 7s, so that's what I'm expecting from them

imageproxy.jpg

A collection of sun-kissed moments and hazy memories, free from judgement and firmly rooted in place.

I love this description. :wub:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I just finished my first listen of the album. I’m not disappointed at all! BBS, IYLDWM, VFR, Dealer, and Sweet Carolina are highlights!

i really liked the album and I cant wait to listen to it more and connect with the music more but I feel like this will be a very hard album for the general public to digest. I usually let my mom listen to Lana’s albums whenever she releases them but I think I won’t with this one. It feels like only Lana fans would get it or is it just me?

Also I will say, and I’m saying this in the nicest way possible, I think she did a huge disservice to NOTG with its placement in the album. I’ve loved the song for a while now and I’ve been so excited for it finding a home in this record but I felt like it’s placement in the tracklist didn’t do the song justice; it comes after Dealer, Thunder and Wildflower Wildfire (three HEAVY hitters) and it feels kind of jarring because the lyricism feels so different than the rest of the album. I also wish there were some instrumentation added to the song because honestly after WFWF, NOTG just feels kinda empty?

I really hope this was just with me and that everyone else enjoys NOTG cuz I always have, just not in the context of this album sadly.

Why is everyone acting like half of the album is unreleased, shelved songs? There's four of them, out of fifteen, with one that was unheard. :whoopi:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Pitchfork is kind of notorious for giving Lana scores in the 7s, so that's what I'm expecting from them

at this point if NME gave it a 80 pitchfork is going for a 60 or 50

I hope I'm just overreacting :true:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I am disappointed that no reviewer has mentioned the lyrical complexities of Blue Banisters, Text Book, and Wildflower Wildfire. As far as I’m concerned, those three tracks are some of her best written. 

I also think it’s strange that nobody has commented on the lyrical continuity throughout? The loose themes of motherhood and family lineage that run between the triple singles, Cherry Blossom, Living Legend, and (I assume, as I haven’t heard it yet) Sweet Carolina are definitely worthy of mention. How embarrassing that critics never seem to focus on the lyrical brilliance and autobiographical dive Lana takes, and instead focus on one-off lines that are meant to provoke and offer a bit of lightness. Context clues & reading between the lines as a listener serve you well! :true:

You spilled!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I should be hired instead to review 🙄 Unlike those uncultured swine, I would focus on the actual important concerns at hand.

For example:

Spoiler

You tried to trade in my new truck for horses

Don't forget all of these things that you love are the same things I hate

hh.png

:hdu:

Just now, Thunder said:

Why is everyone acting like half of the album is unreleased, shelved songs? There's four of them, out of fifteen, with one that was unheard. :whoopi:

dealer and thunder are also 2017 girls

Is it just me or is every review so far the exact same thing being regurgitated with a few changes here and there? Like, how can they all be talking about Black Bathing Suit being interesting and there being 3 unreleased tracks from 2013 and all spend at least three sentences talking about "crypto-forever, fuck you kevin"? Come up with something else 

imageproxy.jpg

You can definitely tell the difference in her advancement of writing skills between the old song and the new ones, but I do think they mesh ogether really well and the album is beautiful

Just now, 111 said:

dealer and thunder are also 2017 girls

No one has heard Dealer, and Thunder was improved