Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Are critics actually having a problem with this album? I criticise her lyrics and production a lot but I'm currently in pure bliss with not a bad thing to say :squidward:

Sometimes I read reviews to have my own thoughts validated but for once, I don't need that. 

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

What are we listening to while we wait, US besties who are waiting until midnight? And don't say the album :oprah3:

Daddy’s Home and Duran Duran’s new song Feat. Tove Lo

Spoiler

Blue Banisters

IMG-3521.jpg

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

What are we listening to while we wait, US besties who are waiting until midnight? And don't say the album :oprah3:

I just finished listening to Born To Die and Paradise, now I'm going to listen to Honeymoon! :fabcat:

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Are critics actually having a problem with this album? I criticise her lyrics and production a lot but I'm currently in pure bliss with not a bad thing to say :squidward:

Sometimes I read reviews to have my own thoughts validated but for once, I don't need that. 

All reviews so far are mainly 8/10 with only 1 6/10 from the guardian which is honestly…to be expected at this point. 

Just now, Desom said:

Her magnum opus: Honeymoon.

Taste. Oh wow, and your first post too - welcome :oprah:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

18 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't understand the point of judging the lyrics by how they look written out... i can understand looking up the lyrics to get a better understanding of them in general, but looking up the lyrics to read them out doesn't make any sense because they might make more sense or just better in the context of the song itself... what happened to just listening to the song and deciding whether or not you like it and why? :eyeroll2:

This!! He often ignores the inflection of her voice when it’s pertinent to the song’s meaning: when she’s being satirical, somber, hopeful, sarcastic, etc. 

Not to mention I’ve seen him praise songs with WAY worse lyricism…don’t get me started on how he treated Ultraviolence:crai:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, trailerparkdream said:

sooo should my lights be blue when i listen for the first time?? lol

or what color matches the mood best?

i could also set them to change between a few different colors <333 

i think blue & yellow would be a cute & fitting combo <3

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, trailerparkdream said:

Not to play off the title of one of the songs, but I see violet/purple a lot through the record haha

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, trailerparkdream said:

Blue and Green :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

6 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Ultraviolence?

Already played it earlier today and all week! It's my favorite Lana album right now :ma:

At least until midnight :ma:

Edited by littleseashell

This is a random (and late) observation, but I thought it was really cool how the Blue Banisters video had green and grey muted undertones—that’s how I perceived them, at least

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath