Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I'm extremely excited for Blue Banisters. I honestly feel like it could be her best project to date (even better than Ultraviolence or Norman). The songs released already are all STUNNING, lyrically and sonically.

And this really is the "Revenge Of Lana Del Rey" album, the lyrics go back to portray a lot of the "old" Lana that we haven't seen much of since the LFL demos (for example how she changed drastically the tone of BPBP from a UV-like honest track to... that final version) yet it doens't feel like a throwback album or a recycle of old material (even if some of the 2013 demos are apparently not reworked at all). This feels like a well thought out body of work. 

Oh I can't WAIT.

Wy8jf2U.jpg

1 minute ago, luminom said:

I'm extremely excited for Blue Banisters. I honestly feel like it could be her best project to date (even better than Ultraviolence or Norman). The songs released already are all STUNNING, lyrically and sonically.

I have yet to hear something better than White Dress, COCC, TJF... let alone NFR and UV

it's going to be amazing nonetheless

the unreleased about to get released are amazing

9 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I have yet to hear something better than White Dress, COCC, TJF... let alone NFR and UV

it's going to be amazing nonetheless

the unreleased about to get released are amazing

For me I think Wildflower Wildfire is one of her best ever and on par with the ones you mentioned.

IMG-7960.jpg

I would love a part in one of the music videos that are coming that is a homage to the born to die tigers scene where instead of Lana having tigers next to her she has Tex And Mex

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

The way many of us thought after COCC she'd take a longer break but she continued to be one of the most prolific [is that the right word? it is now] and exciting artists.

She serves quantity and quality :peace:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

46 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Isn't it amazing when someone puts actual effort into an era? It makes a lot of difference. It's clear that she's not willing to play the industry game by any means anymore and it's admirable she's sticking to that attitude (as opposed to someone like Lorde who sings about hating California and wanting to be in the wilderness and yet she's in every talk show, doing magazine covers, doing a week-run of performances for James fucking Corden, etc - maybe to compensate the lack of quality of her latest output?). However, she changed the profile pictures of every social media account, put out a music video with an actual concept, did an amazing photoshoot with Neil to complement the album aesthetically speakinh and further expand the universe of Blue Banisters... like, this is the Lana we fell in love with: someone who's passionate about her work and shares it with the world with confidence and attention to detail.

Makes me wonder what went wrong with Chemtrails for her. It's clear she wanted to release it earlier but maybe the delays due to the pandemic made her lose sight of her vision halfway through... hence the lack of promotion and the apparent lack of interest as well.

everytime u come on here u spill

i still am not over the trio interlude. it’s so perfect and really makes sense to me in the context of the album and where it’s placed 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

She creates most hunting and beautiful melodies :oprah2: “you’ll need a miracle, america”!!!! The way she sings “findin’ my way to ya” … I mean whole Arcadia.

these melodies are timeless!!! No one in this industry today can do it like her! Period! 

1 hour ago, luminom said:

And this really is the "Revenge Of Lana Del Rey" album, the lyrics go back to portray a lot of the "old" Lana that we haven't seen much of since the LFL demos (for example how she changed drastically the tone of BPBP from a UV-like honest track to... that final version) yet it doens't feel like a throwback album or a recycle of old material (even if some of the 2013 demos are apparently not reworked at all). This feels like a well thought out body of work. 

Oh I can't WAIT.

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Isn't it amazing when someone puts actual effort into an era? It makes a lot of difference. It's clear that she's not willing to play the industry game by any means anymore and it's admirable she's sticking to that attitude (as opposed to someone like Lorde who sings about hating California and wanting to be in the wilderness and yet she's in every talk show, doing magazine covers, doing a week-run of performances for James fucking Corden, etc - maybe to compensate the lack of quality of her latest output?). However, she changed the profile pictures of every social media account, put out a music video with an actual concept, did an amazing photoshoot with Neil to complement the album aesthetically speakinh and further expand the universe of Blue Banisters... like, this is the Lana we fell in love with: someone who's passionate about her work and shares it with the world with confidence and attention to detail.

Makes me wonder what went wrong with Chemtrails for her. It's clear she wanted to release it earlier but maybe the delays due to the pandemic made her lose sight of her vision halfway through... hence the lack of promotion and the apparent lack of interest as well.

AMEN! :sluttybunny:

Ordered the white vinyl. This is such an exciting release for me. Idk if its her epic attitude since the poetry book.

I get why she wanted to rename her the album after Arcadia: what an elaborate and intricately well-done track!!! I mean, to put together herself, Arcadia (both town and idealistic place from mythology) and America, it’s just ?!!! I mean, the alliteration from Arcadia / America / I need a miracle… and to put the contrast between America in decline and herself who is strong through her vulnerability :worship::worship::worship: I bow to thee, my lyricist Queen. And musically,

geez 

1 hour ago, Rico25 said:

even if it's a recycled mess, I want the Blue Banisters video :oprah3:

Judging by the sour behavior by Clay, i don't think he's signing off on the release :troll:

6 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Here to tell you that she won’t ever top Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Those will always be her best records.

me on October 22

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95257f6a6f717a3c721a2

Even if the album doesn't do absolutely amazing commercially, I think it's gonna be loved by critics. Arcadia already got great reception in that field and I know the singles at least somewhat did too 

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

wtf. is this real :icant: im dying????

ITS A CRUEL, CRUEL WORLD... BUT WE DONT CAREEEE :defeated:

Should I listen to it or is it something fake? :defeated:

34 minutes ago, ultrababy said:

Here to tell you that she won’t ever top Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. Those will always be her best records.

She has already topped those albums with NFR and Chemtrails, honey. Blue Banisters has also topped them with only four songs + the leaked ones.

10 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

decided to do something nice for the girlies today.. check the website that shall not be named for an old studio session of cherry blossom  :kiss3:

:wub: so pretty, her voice is everything.

Happy as the moonshine