Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

Gas station kween best member periodt 

1 hour ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Now we know for sure that Chemtrails & Blue Banisters are mainly compilation albums of unreleased tracks & B sides, rushed out to get out of contract. I hope she takes a well-deserved break for a few years and then comes back with a real follow-up to NFR.

I also hope that her quitting social media is not some kind of stunt. She doesn't need that shit. Just delete it for good! 

Laugh out loud. Blue banisters will serve harder than snoozeman coke on rockweiler and u no it 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

I wonder what the deactivation means for the BB era... I don't think stepping out of social media and promoting are mutually exclusive so I still have hope for another MV (or even a couple interviews/photoshoot if I start to wishful think)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, lustforlife said:

Manifesting Moon Power :typewriter:

Pretty distressing day.

any good thoughts or positivity you have? Maybe a single or mv dropping before release?

I've been listening to the released Blue Banisters tracks in order for the past few days, and I have to say that this record sounds like it's going to join the heavy hitters of UV and Norman as one of her most well respected albums. Funny that a lot of the re-used material is from the Ultraviolence days

Keeping it clear that I do think Honeymoon is her best and most cohesive album, it still isn't much appreciated outside of her core fanbase. There's something about Ultraviolence, Norman and now Blue Banisters that I think a wider audience is going to respect. And by respect, I don't mean streaming numbers or number of copies sold.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

i think for release night i’ll be drinking red wine and eating ice cream. :agree:but i don’t know what flavor. what do u think is the best fitting ice cream flavor to eat to blue banisters? :thirst:let me kno 

Coffee ice cream, in my opinion (Häagen-Dazs in particular)! :flutter:

WHY IS THIS TRACKLIST SO PRETTY????

NECTAR OF THE GODS???? VIOLETS FOR ROSES???? IF YOU LIE DOWN WITH ME

And it's about time we got Cherry Blossom and DEALER! I actually enjoyed Arcadia so much more than her other recent work and piano ballads. It very much is reminiscent of the era when Cherry Blossom was leaked so it's nice to know that her older material will not be out of place. 

I won’t be able to go through this album. 
I feel like this project is really a turning point in her whole career and persona!

Sweet Carolina (as I said earlier) will be the answer to all of our questions, I’m sure of that.

0YnL0Kf.gif

6 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

This era somehow feels over already? It's so strange

That's because this is an epoch. She's starting a new life, probably moving since she's mentioned it so much recently, and going to give us something incredible when she returns.

50 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

I won’t be able to go through this album. 
I feel like this project is really a turning point in her whole career and persona!

Sweet Carolina (as I said earlier) will be the answer to all of our questions, I’m sure of that.

I feel we say the same thing with every album release since NFR! ?

This one does feel different because of the unreleased music and the old time collaborators, and just in time for her 10th anniversary debut it feels like a full circle moment for her.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

2 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

i also am curious how the Blue Banisters era will play out now that there is no instagram to promote videos, single (if there is one) and magazines, shows. 

i guess it’ll just be a chill ‘era’ or maybe she won’t do ‘eras’ anymore ? 

thoughts ? 

lots of artist's don't have social– well maybe not lots, but plenty! we'll prob get promotional emails on her mailing list, tweets etc from her label, and press announcements when new videos/songs/albums come along. i've been a joanna newsom stan for 15 years and she's literally never had a social account, but her label always spills when new stuff is coming...kind of makes it more exciting bc u never know what's coming when!

aOaIzH2.gif