Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Thunder better be a single! The way that scrapped album with The Last Shadow Puppets would've been a career high! 

California, Dealer and Thunder all on one record. Damn.

8 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

has dealer leaked? people heard it?

It did leak, but there's a possibility that the version that leaked is a demo (personally, though, I think it's the album version)

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

It did leak, but there's a possibility that the version that leaked is a demo (personally, though, I think it's the album version)

omg spill? is it good?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

omg spill? is it good?

It's very very different for Lana but also so her if that makes sense? I'd say it's very Lizzy Grant meets Ultraviolence/Honeymoon era Lana Del Rey. 

I'm hoping Lana is more present on the final version (if there is one) as the leak is more of a duet, kinda feels like Lana is a feature haha. 

But it's honestly really fresh and exciting for her, especially after the soundscape of the last two records. 

im really curious about nectar of the gods, the song is so delicate and fragile and...2014, it seems strange coming after wildflower wildfire which is such an uplifiting and liberating song to where she is now, i think its possible she may have changed the production and lyrics on nectar of the gods to fit the album

5 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

omg spill? is it good?

It's one of those tracks where you either love it or you hate it. I love it, but there's definitely certain elements of it you have to get used to. 

Spoiler

I described it when I first heard it as "being in a karaoke lounge on acid". And Lana was 100% accurate when she said she was screaming on the track

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

It's one of those tracks where you either love it or you hate it. I love it, but there's definitely certain elements of it you have to get used to. 

Hide contents

I described it when I first heard it as "being in a karaoke lounge on acid". And Lana was 100% accurate when she said she was screaming on the track

oh my god, is this her tired of singing the blues type of screaming or her high pitched stargirl type of screaming? 

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

oh my god, is this her tired of singing the blues type of screaming or her high pitched stargirl type of screaming? 

Spoiler

tired of singing the blues but fully belting, feels angrier, fuller and raw

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Ma’am, according to Lanapedia the Great Drought was from end of May til the Arcadia announcement came. We have new songs including our leaked sister Dealer to hold us over :hair: 

i'm trying not to overplay them so i can experience the album in all its glory :air: 

9 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

It's terrible sis. Save your ears :oprah3:

who to believe :oprah2:

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

We've known each other for 4 years, I think the answer is obvious 

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

It's amazing.

Spoiler

Not as strange as some people say in my opinion. It's quite chill despite the screaming, but definitely different for Lana and soo addictively good. I only listened 3 times and then deleted so I don't overdo it, but it remains in my head.

1 minute ago, Arcadia said:

We've known each other for 4 years, I think the answer is obvious 

tenor.gif

tea girly, joining the dealer hate train :sass:

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

It really depends on your own taste, lots of mixed opinions on it.

Spoiler

I don't like Dealer much due to the lack of Lana singing, if she sang more of it then I'd probably like it better. I can see the appeal though I guess? :D

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥