Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

Lust for Life is cute but the lack of cohesiveness is what makes it viewed as worse than her other albums…

:scoff: says who you

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

When I do listen to LFL I ever listen to the entire album; I always skip a few songs cuz they sometimes don’t fit the overall mood.

:nails: sounds like a you problem tho

1 hour ago, 5adboy said:

It has great tracks like Heroin, Cherry, 13 Beaches, which are career highlights...

I don’t trust people who *single out* 13 Beaches as a LFL highlight I just don’t :oprah3:

2 hours ago, 5adboy said:

...but the simplicity of some of the songs (Groupie Love) and the production of others (Coachella) are some of the flaws of the album.

:um2: I don’t know what this means and therefore I do not accept 

Also the demos of LFL title track and Beautiful People are way better than the album versions:poordat:

This pervasive LFL heresy must be stopped we must all stop spreading this LIE

BB will definitely be better than LFL.

:wowcry::trisha::angie:
This THIS this is truth. Blue Banisters is the monsoon, the sweeping flood, the final ascension

5 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Do you even aware this album can be considered as a pop, a trap/hiphop, an alternative, a folk album at the same time?

I know it sounds bad but you can also say it has no real concept.

4 hours ago, 5adboy said:

but the simplicity of some of the songs (Groupie Love) and the production of others (Coachella) are some of the flaws of the album. 

The thing that i love most about Lana is her versatility . She is able to have such a big catalogue and do many genres at the same time. I don’t think that every song she makes has to have a deeper meaning lyrically . That’s why i appreciate and really like LFL because it has some songs that you can really vibe to and songs that are more intricate and thought-provoking . 

I also really enjoyed the interlude because it reminded me that Lana can do different styles simultaneously something that i’ve missed seeing from her . I am really excited to see if she has more surprises for us in BB :fabcat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

On 9/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, Deadly Nightshade said:

The thing that i love most about Lana is her versatility . She is able to have such a big catalogue and do many genres at the same time. I don’t think that every song she makes has to have a deeper meaning lyrically . That’s why i appreciate and really like LFL because it has some songs that you can really vibe to and songs that are more intricate and thought-provoking . 

I also really enjoyed the interlude because it reminded me that Lana can do different styles simultaneously something that i’ve missed seeing from her . I am really excited to see if she has more surprises for us in BB :fabcat:

I LOVE the interlude. Might be my fav so far after the title track :fabcat:

13 hours ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Her describing this album as ''a compilation of older songs and a few newer songs'' is what should be killing the hype for everyone. It's going to be less original/lazier version of Lust For Life. Lana throwing a bone to her ''fans'' who are way behind and constantly crying for ''old Lana''. 

Unlike LFL Blue Banisters seems to be pretty coherent so far.

Text Book, Arcadia and Wildflower work really well next to songs like Thunder, Living Legend and Dealer. And the unreleased songs themself also have a pretty distinctive sound. It's not hard to imagine NotG, CB, LL and Thunder on one album.

And "fans crying for old Lana" are usually the ones who insist on her putting out another BtD - which I can't really hear in any of those songs.

Plus I rather have 5 more unreleased older tracks on an album than another bleak and uninspired mess like CoCc that completely loses the little bit of energy it halfway through the already-short tracklist :toofunny: If that is what "new Lana" is supposed to stand for,  then I'm happy to not have it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Not this album tho. We can wait for next month. 

you can wait, not me lmao. i have no patience.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, baddisease said:

you can wait, not me lmao. i have no patience.

We just got Chemtrails earlier this year and NFR back in late 2019. 

It's not like it's been 7 years since the last album. 

7 minutes ago, Manson said:

Btw guys, is BB actually Rock Candy Sweet? She put that title on the selfie that she later used for the 3 BB singles. So is BB that "revenge album"?

I think she wanted to put Love You Now and Then on the album, which has the Rock Candy Sweet lyric, but she scrapped... And as far as we know, thisz could be the revenge album, by telling her story, and by the lastest post on IG about Arcadia i think it is...

original.gif

3 minutes ago, venicebitx said:

I think she wanted to put Love You Now and Then on the album, which has the Rock Candy Sweet lyric, but she scrapped... And as far as we know, thisz could be the revenge album, by telling her story, and by the lastest post on IG about Arcadia i think it is...

There's something angry about her in the Arcadia video and in the leaked Dealer track. I really want pissed off Lana but as BB seems to be mostly ballads as insiders say I doubt it'll be...

1 minute ago, Manson said:

There's something angry about her in the Arcadia video and in the leaked Dealer track. I really want pissed off Lana but as BB seems to be mostly ballads as insiders say I doubt it'll be...

I honestly think it is, I don’t think she would have been angry all through the album… she is telling her story in her own way, being ballads or not. Putting songs and lyrics that are controversial or something like that, or as we stated in the other thread doing a fabulous album that critics can say shit about it.

original.gif

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

We just got Chemtrails earlier this year and NFR back in late 2019. 

It's not like it's been 7 years since the last album. 

I know. I'm just really greedy lmao

Question: if you buy every CD variant, every vinyl variant, every cassette variant, and the iTunes version of the album at once, are they ALL counted as sales or are they counted as 1?

giphy.gif