Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Okay listening to the four singles with headphones & at full volume is a holy experience. The opening seconds of Text Book are chilling. The creepy bass; the opening line. The tonal change from the somber bluesy verses to the dreamier and more ethereal chorus is sublime. And I adore Erickson's production on Arcadia. It's so rich and detailed yet never really draws attention to itself. Even from the very first seconds of the track...for example that cello in the background when Lana sings "angel" and "halo" sounds like a crying man. It's disturbing yet so impactful.

I'm very excited to listen to what Dawes and Erickson have done with the new tracks. Dawes always brings a rockier edge to the songs he produces. 

I think that the album will be critically acclaimed. I doubt most critics have ever listened to leaked unreleased songs. But even if that's the case, as long as they're not out of place, they will be embraced by them. At least I hope so because Pitchfork's (unprofessional) review of Chemtrails focused on Lana's statements and QFTC instead of the music so you never really know. 

Black bikini sultry will be fave, hyper pop masterpiece 

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

Okay listening to the four singles with headphones & full volume is a holy experience. The opening seconds of Text Book are chilling. The creepy bass; the opening line. The tonal change from the somber bluesy verses to the dreamier and more ethereal chorus is sublime. And I adore Erickson's production on Arcadia. It's so rich and detailed yet never really draws attention to itself. Even from the very first seconds of the track...for example that cello in the background when Lana sings "angel" and "halo" sounds like a crying man. It's disturbing yet so impactful.

I'm very excited to listen to what Dawes and Erickson have done with the new tracks. Dawes always brings a rockier edge to the songs he produces. 

I think that the album will be critically acclaimed. I doubt most critics have ever listened to leaked unreleased songs. But even if that's the case, as long as they're not out of place, they will be embraced by them. At least I hope so because Pitchfork's (unprofessional) review of Chemtrails focused on Lana's statements and QFTC instead of the music so you never really know. 

Ok

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

Forgive me for rambling my thoughts, but I've had a lot about the album.

First off, this is probably solidifying alongside Chemtrails as another Lizzy Grant album. I've always disliked differentiating the two as outside a singular person, but she's very much been present about that through those albums and her Violet. One of the singles has already mentioned going "back to blonde" to get an "old love back" - and I don't find that impossible to be filled with multiple readings. So she's giving me that idea that she's reverting back to Lizzy sounds and intimacy that we only saw deeper on her unreleased stuff. So for that, what a perfect way to introduce some leaked material into the equation. 

The Last Shadow Puppets are a talented group (although, their albums are so meh to me), and they take a lot inspiration from spaghetti western scores in their own releases, so no surprise to hear the Ennio Morricone sample on here - and not surprising for Lana since she established an affinity for Morricone sounds when she did "Big Eyes". Seriously, that final refrain with the drums and brass are purely cut from the same cloth. The trap beats on "The Trio" do make me wonder, though, if that section of the record might detour a bit to those sounds with "Violets for Roses" the breather before the screaming/feature of "Dealer". I do think trap noise/downtempo pulses are a thing to stay with her for now. Although, I don't really know what to expect. I just know that "Text Book", "Blue Banisters", "Arcadia" have very subtle spaghetti western sounds, and the record is opening up on a bass note that's very much evocative of the style. 

"Nectar of the Gods" is one of her strongest songs, and one of my personal favorites. I stumbled on it via YouTube rec years ago, but it's so simply, purely, a beautiful song. I can't talk it off enough. I'm so happy for it to be here. Are the unreleased songs here changed at all? For me, I don't think it matters either way, since she could incorporate more spaghetti elements, or she could keep them bare, and either way it would feel cohesive to this idea. The banisters aren't painted, after all. As they've been heard, almost all of them are great songs, and I think critics will take to them, too. I honestly don't see this getting NFR level acclaim - duh - but, like, it might be second. Critics love them quality singer-songwriter, and she's a quality one, and they especially like when they fuck with genre. She's doing a lot of the things they take to, but her 'reputation' the past year is something I'm worried can seep into the responses. I don't think she'll have a problem, though. 

There are so many consistencies in themes and her imagery based on what we have heard so far, and the titles of the ones we haven't. This is gonna be such a great record, and probably another step closer to Lizzy Grant aesthetics. Maybe a final salute along with the social media absence? Girl can't stop working, and she knows that, so she won't be gone longer than a year or two if she sticks to her guns, but she doesn't delay these things like her release dates. :oic:

EDIT: also love that this album has multiple signals of tempo changes between verses and choruses, because her doing that on "West Coast" was one of the most mind-blowing and influential things to me, so feed me mama. 

17 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

37 DAYS

Dej loaf GIF - Find on GIFER

アマヤ — He Tian: Fandom:

i miss the excitement of this thread. let's bring back the countdowns.

let's have streaming party before that. It's 5 weeks left so we might as well spend a whole week to stream one album.

Chemtrails this week and then NFR - L4L - HM - UV - BTD+P

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Hating on something popular and praising something less popular aren't personality traits... :oprah3:

it can be if u have bpd :oprah3:

3 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

In dis lipsters thing can I cutest and smartest member

yes baby

mUENGN9.png

I've listened to Living Legend more since we found out it was on the album than I did for the entire year we had it an as unreleased song 

imageproxy.jpg

I always think about Lana doing a show like the it iTunes festival, her voice with the band was always wow to me.

I imagine songs like Arcadia and Blue Banisters and like hearing them live with a quiet audience YAS with pro recording 

Ouff :tommy:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

3 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

let's have streaming party before that. It's 5 weeks left so we might as well spend a whole week to stream one album.

Chemtrails this week and then NFR - L4L - HM - UV - BTD+P

i wish lana stans were this organized :crai:

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

omg it's so soon??

:true:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

i attempted to rearrange the tracklists of chemtrails and the songs we have from blue banisters in order to make a more cohesive story and sound. i spent hours on it and i will definitely change it once the album is officially released. currently it’s:

1. blue banisters 
  2. text book
  3. tulsa jesus freak
  4. dark but just a game
  5. not all who wander are lost
  6. wildflower wildfire
  7. let me love you like a woman 
  8. wild at heart
  9. yosemite
  10. chemtrails over the country club
  11. thunder
  12. afraid (if it had a rework)
  13. breaking up slowly
  14. fine china
  15. cherry blossom
  16. nectar of the gods
  17. i don’t wanna go (hypothetical rework)
  18. arcadia
  19. dealer
  20. dance till we die
  21. living legend
  22. for free
  23. white dress

its a story oriented playlist so i wonder if anyone can guess what the storyline i planned out for the track list was ?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, yassgrenade said:

i attempted to rearrange the tracklists of chemtrails and the songs we have from blue banisters in order to make a more cohesive story and sound. i spent hours on it and i will definitely change it once the album is officially released. currently it’s:

1. blue banisters 
  2. text book
  3. tulsa jesus freak
  4. dark but just a game
  5. not all who wander are lost
  6. wildflower wildfire
  7. let me love you like a woman 
  8. wild at heart
  9. yosemite
  10. chemtrails over the country club
  11. thunder
  12. afraid (if it had a rework)
  13. breaking up slowly
  14. fine china
  15. cherry blossom
  16. nectar of the gods
  17. i don’t wanna go (hypothetical rework)
  18. arcadia
  19. dealer
  20. dance till we die
  21. living legend
  22. for free
  23. white dress

its a story oriented playlist so i wonder if anyone can guess what the storyline i planned out for the track list was ?

this really goes ????

Spoiler

I love building my own story-oriented playlists so I'd really like to hear what's the storyline behind this!

strong like a tree but the unlucky one