Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one having this issue, but when I listen to Arcadia on Spotify, the volume of her voice when she belts seems too high, like the vocals are placed too forward in the mix, which sometimes creates a sort of distortion. When I listen to the exact same part on the song preview on Apple Music, the vocals seem perfectly placed in the mix and there’s no distortion at all.

I’ve noticed that but thought it was just me! I always have to turn down the volume on Arcadia when she belts in the chorus; way too high for my ears. It sounds MUCH better on Apple Music. I hate paying for both, but sometimes I feel things can also sound better on Spotify. For example, Lorde’s new album sounded a lot better to me on Spotify than on Apple Music. ?‍♀️ I guess it can be hit or miss.


SDLN1Di.jpg
 

The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I think the remastered versions are basically just  more compressed so for example her voice in Arcadia doesn't get as piercingly loud in the chorus and you can hear more of the instrumentation particularly the violins. I noticed the same in TB and WFWF especially w the percussion which is cool because now the songs bang and slap that little bit more and just sound better

I apologize if this has been asked before, but did they get rid of the original un-remastered singles of Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch on Spotify? I thought I read they changed those standalone singles to sound like the album versions on NFR. I remember the singles sounding slightly different in an unpolished almost lo-fi way and kinda missed that sound when the album came out. 


SDLN1Di.jpg
 

The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one having this issue, but when I listen to Arcadia on Spotify, the volume of her voice when she belts seems too high, like the vocals are placed too forward in the mix, which sometimes creates a sort of distortion. When I listen to the exact same part on the song preview on Apple Music, the vocals seem perfectly placed in the mix and there’s no distortion at all.

I’ve been saying this since day one but didn’t know how to describe it perfectly! It’s so annoying and makes me enjoy the song less even tho I love it. They need to fix this wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

I’ve been saying this since day one but didn’t know how to describe it perfectly! It’s so annoying and makes me enjoy the song less even tho I love it. They need to fix this wtf

I hope they fixed it on Blue Banisters (the song) because when she belts about Santa Clarita fires, I have to turn it down. I wonder why the mixing is so inconsistent. I had similar volume problems with Chemtrails, but thought it was just Jack’s doing. Her older albums didn’t have this issue. Shrug again. Man, I should sleep. Night all.


SDLN1Di.jpg
 

The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one having this issue, but when I listen to Arcadia on Spotify, the volume of her voice when she belts seems too high, like the vocals are placed too forward in the mix, which sometimes creates a sort of distortion. When I listen to the exact same part on the song preview on Apple Music, the vocals seem perfectly placed in the mix and there’s no distortion at all.


I actually have this issue on Apple Music . I haven’t listened to the Spotify version and I haven’t tried the YouTube version w headphones on so I’m only basing it on AM but damn her vocals in the chorus are earsplitting .at first I thought it was intentional but it just .. doesn’t sound good


RVhKIwP.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I hope they fixed it on Blue Banisters (the song) because when she belts about Santa Clarita fires, I have to turn it down. I wonder why the mixing is so inconsistent. I had similar volume problems with Chemtrails, but thought it was just Jack’s doing. Her older albums didn’t have this issue. Shrug again. Man, I should sleep. Night all.

It’s unacceptable that this is even an issue tbh. Lana is such a big artist and the chorus on her latest single sounds like shit. What a mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

only men can hear such subtle differences in sound quality lol. just enjoy the song or go build something!! :smile4:

what kind of reply is this? i’m not a man and my gender doesn’t matter in this. i think it’s totally fair to be pissed about the chorus sounding shitty, it’s not subtle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally love how in your face (in your eardrums (?) ) the chorus of Arcadia is. It's like she's screaming at me :thumb2:

But I understand that some people could dislike that. I think it's because the song was probably recorded in only a few takes (maybe even one) and had little to none corrections done (like pitch, volume etc). You can really tell by the way the second verse sounds cause it's a bit flat when she comes from the first chorus and how it's not even the same as the first one. It's almost like it was a live recording and I honestly love the intimacy and vulnerability of it :crying4:


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

only men can hear such subtle differences in sound quality lol. just enjoy the song or go build something!! :smile4:


correction: gay lanaboards atrl discord men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

only men can hear such subtle differences in sound quality lol. just enjoy the song or go build something!! :smile4:

excuse me? on top of being absolutely stupid and scientifically wrong, this is pure sexism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one having this issue, but when I listen to Arcadia on Spotify, the volume of her voice when she belts seems too high, like the vocals are placed too forward in the mix, which sometimes creates a sort of distortion. When I listen to the exact same part on the song preview on Apple Music, the vocals seem perfectly placed in the mix and there’s no distortion at all.


This is called audio clipping, and I noticed it on Spotify as well. Just tried listening on Tidal and don’t have this issue though. Hopefully it gets fixed on Spotify. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i feel like it's a smart decision that lana didn't post the tracklist, otherwise (more) people might have searched out leaked stuff like cherry blossom/living legend 

This! If I were her, I also would have been so pissed to have so many replies or comments in the vein of « Lazy Bich! Why didn’t you include **that song** on BB? » She seems to have had a lot of negative comments with the COCC cover and tracklist when, in fact, releasing an album is supposed to be a happy event for everyone. And BB is all about the music speaking for itself and a big FU to haters (critics or « fans »). 

29 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i feel like it's a smart decision that lana didn't post the tracklist, otherwise (more) people might have searched out leaked stuff like cherry blossom/living legend 

We have so many versions of Cherry Blossom that I’m super curious about the final official one. It’s probably why I don’t go back to that track that often even if it’s gorgeous: I probably didn’t keep the best version :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's likely, if not probable, that she's re-worked the previously-unreleased songs to an extent - at least to update the vocals. Didn't Thunder and Cherry Blossom leak in like 2019?

 

Also good morning girls, hope we're all feeling young, dope, and wild this Friday :sass:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

This! If I were her, I also would have been so pissed to have so many replies or comments in the vein of « Lazy Bich! Why didn’t you include **that song** on BB? » She seems to have had a lot of negative comments with the COCC cover and tracklist when, in fact, releasing an album is supposed to be a happy event for everyone. And BB is all about the music speaking for itself and a big FU to haters (critics or « fans »). 

We have so many versions of Cherry Blossom that I’m super curious about the final official one. It’s probably why I don’t go back to that track that often even if it’s gorgeous: I probably didn’t keep the best version :lmao:

The Cherry Blossom demos we have are really just three different takes. 

I'm certain that if she doesn't rerecord the song that they'd chop the different takes and piece them together and mix them seamlessly. 


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fantascination said:

I think it's likely, if not probable, that she's re-worked the previously-unreleased songs to an extent - at least to update the vocals. Didn't Thunder and Cherry Blossom leak in like 2019?

 

Also good morning girls, hope we're all feeling young, dope, and wild this Friday :sass:

Thunder leaked June 2020

Cherry Blossom instrumental leaked may 19

It's Acapella November 2020

The first demo Feb 2020


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, with the recent mastering/alterations, I'm pretty sure all her leaked unreleased tracks which supposedly haven't been changed will sound different or at least richer/more enhanced when we listen to the album. Boz told us Arcadia was same-y and basically piano-only so he probably hadn't listened to the final studio version. I'm here for Niko and Topanga's random meow feature on Living Legend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

I mean, with the recent mastering/alterations, I'm pretty sure all her leaked unreleased tracks which supposedly haven't been changed will sound different or at least richer/more enhanced when we listen to the album. Boz told us Arcadia was same-y and basically piano-only so he probably hadn't listened to the final studio version. I'm here for Niko and Topanga's random meow feature on Living Legend. 

Imagine if they used their meows as the instrumenal


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...