Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

what do you think the 5 unheard songs would fit in the rest of her discography based on the title only?

Black Bathing Suit: Ultraviolence
If You Lie Down With Me: Honeymoon
Beautiful: Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Violets For Roses: Lust For Life
Sweet Carolina: Chemtrails Over The Country Club

That's perfect tbh, I'd also add that Dealer based on the title alone would fit on UV too (and vocally perhaps).

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

2 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

Well…A lot of happened today :awkney:

Now we all should stream BB’s singles to make Lana some coins 

I've already locked myself from listening to the singles. I need them fresh for October 22! 

#StreamLustForLife

@DCooper Arcadia's synths remind me of Badalamenti's main theme for Twin Peaks!  

@Future Jazz Great insightful writing. To be quite honest, I am not expecting a typical "bop" on the album - at least not something similar to, say, Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak/High by the Beach. The interlude underlines the spaghetti western influence on the first tracks of the album - particularly Text Book - and I'm expecting it to lead to something quite cinematic so you may be onto something. But I always imagined Black Bathing Suit as a very moody, ambient bluesy rock-ish song; the trap beats of The Trio may be incorporated somehow, but I'm not quite sure we're getting an "accessible" sultry track this time round. I'm very curious about it because Erickson and Dawes co-wrote it. What intrigues me a lot is that Side A of the vinyl ends with Black Bathing Suit. I wonder if this was intentional or not.

Side B is also quite interesting. Could it be more rock-oriented? Dealer is an extremely angry song and tracks 5-8 seem to be the (enigmatic) "core"/"middle" of the album - and they're all new tracks! - so I'm interested in seeing how Lana goes from the dreamy melancholy soundscapes of Blue Banisters/Arcadia to something like Dealer. 

1 minute ago, Lentilus Dealer Hoe said:

I've already locked myself from listening to the singles. I need them fresh for October 22! 

#StreamLustForLife

the way i could never 

ww, dealer, text book and interlude on repeat :diva::crai:

42 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Everything it will make sense in the end :blush3:

I said cocc its the young sister and probally a uggly  one :kiss3:

And you are a ugly wannabe insider:lmaoney:

Of course everything will make sense in the end,  water is wet,  LB girls are fighting. Tell me something new :true:

Spoiler

No COCC slander on my watch :oprah3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

let's not pretend lfl wasn't right about text book being the opener. ofc they're lying about BBS but so was BOZ about arcadia being a only piano song. they can still be reliable and it's not like they're giving great info anyway.

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

let's not pretend lfl wasn't right about text book being the opener. ofc they're lying about BBS but so was BOZ about arcadia being a only piano song. they can still be reliable and it's not like they're giving great info anyway.

their only "reliable info" was bc they found a tracklist in the source code 4 hours before us:bye:

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Well Text Book could just have been a lucky guess,  I saw some fake tracklists with TB as the opener , maybe he sucked some dick to get the tracklist.

Yeah I still think BOZ heard an earlier version of the album , maybe kind off an Arcadia demo too. BBS could be the last track added to the album & that's why no one has it.

Anyways we will find out the truth about LFL on October 22nd

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

I literally said the full tracklist with the right positions and described arcadia much better than boz. Go find a job :omfg2:

I have a job but thank you:heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ain't nobody got time for fighting girlies... anyways, here's a better reason why we can riot: WHY THE HELL did Lana remove Wild One from BB if she considered it in earlier stages of the album :cryney: it will always get me on my nerves :willcut: 

It would be an amazing closing song to the album, right after the 15 tracks if you will :what: just officially give it to us Lana :angie: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

they made a lucky guess and at best got a real insider to tell them a crumb or two ONCE and everything else they ever said (cocc included) has been lies and bullshit like i BEG y’all we all have a brain let’s use it :eyeroll2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Ain't nobody got time for fighting girlies... anyways, here's a better reason why we can riot: WHY THE HELL did Lana remove Wild One from BB if she considered it in earlier stages of the album :cryney: it will always get me on my nerves :willcut: 

It would be an amazing closing song to the album, right after the 15 tracks if you will :what: just officially give it to us Lana :angie: 

Wild one strikes me as a bit too joyous for bb. I just can’t see it on the same album as dealer tbh 

mUENGN9.png