Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

55 minutes ago, StillOnMyMind said:

According to whom? You?

14 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

you say this literally every album, always after we've had the pre-order for awhile too. either you're trying to manifest her albums being scrapped (&after orders somehow lol) or you're dumb as bricks. :eyeroll:

no i don't. i only said it about L4L and this album.

But I ask that bc I saw Twitter people say things that make me worry about it.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

no i don't. i only said it about L4L and this album.

But I ask that bc I saw Twitter people say things that make me worry about it.

Dont worry, it won't happen. Twitter stans like to be dramatic and make up stuff :)

Just now, COCC said:

They don't know, I do it for the culture, goddamn 
They say I should watch the shit I post, oh goddamn

You probably read my status update from yesterday. I would be here for it :oopna:

No I didn't see it but please do not manifest something like that. I'm not kidding I think we've suffered enough and life has been hard enough as it is, mentally I don't think most people would be able to survive this. Millions of people are crying due to your manifestation

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

4 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

No I didn't see it but please do not manifest something like that. I'm not kidding I think we've suffered enough and life has been hard enough as it is, mentally I don't think most people would be able to survive this. Millions of people are crying due to your manifestation

Crying from happiness ( ;∀;)

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

how do u all plan to listen to bb when it's released? :kris: i normally just... race thru it 

I usually go in order, even listening to the tracks I already know, to get the full experience :hottie: Then I end up having the album on shuffle for the next three days straight lol

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

how do u all plan to listen to bb when it's released? :kris: i normally just... race thru it 

Same. Never know when an errant vampire is going to hop thru your window and drain you like a caprisun or something, so it's best to just listen as quickly as possible just in case. Savor later, you know.

5 minutes ago, sznofthewitch said:

Same. Never know when an errant vampire is going to hop thru your window and drain you like a caprisun or something, so it's best to just listen as quickly as possible just in case. Savor later, you know.

Truly, this is a valid concern and I'm glad you said it :oprah3:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

56 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

They probably just had an older version of the album and it wasn't on there. BOZ also said Arcadia was all piano and we know strings and horns were added after (MV version has no horns, streaming versions has horns) so yea they probably had an unfinished copy of the album

It's what gives me hope about the unreleased songs being updated a little. Like, even a small remaster touch here and there, some pitch correction or something. I can't really imagine them sounding exactly the same as the leaked versions, it's just wild 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I hope Lana revamped Nectar of the Gods. The original one is beautiful but I still feel like some drums or electric guitar could be added to give it some extra flava :monicker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really hope for some form of a reworking on NOTG and Cherry Blossom, even if its just remastering the originals. The versions we have right now almost sound too live to be on the album. Like, you can tell they were just recorded right there in one take (and not in the same way PWYC was). So even if the instrumentals are the same, I think they just need a little reworking so that they don't sound entirely out of place from the rest of the album. 

imageproxy.jpg

I'm kind of hoping for no re-working on Nectar of the Gods, I listened to it last night while driving down the empty highway and it was just beyond gorgeous. If it is reworked I hope it's minimal because the spareness of that track is really powerful.

I do hope Cherry Blossom is reworked though, it has so much potential but still feels a bit incomplete.

Manifesting:

Thunder: more piano, minor lyrical changes (or not), more build up

NOTG: same instruments, new chorus with same melody (but please, not too wordy like TNBAR and Arcadia, new vocal tape (no copy and paste of verses, thanks), better mixing, maybe a little more reverb

Cherry Blossom: only a new vocal take

Living Legend: smoother sound, more background vocals, soft drums, new vocal take, maybe some lyrical changes

Dealer: more Lana, guitar solo

If You Lie Down With Me: moans

5 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Manifesting:

Thunder: more piano, minor lyrical changes (or not), more build up

NOTG: same instruments, new chorus with same melody (but please, not too wordy like TNBAR and Arcadia, new vocal tape (no copy and paste of verses, thanks), better mixing, maybe a little more reverb

Cherry Blossom: only a new vocal take

Living Legend: smoother sound, more background vocals, soft drums, new vocal take, maybe some lyrical changes

Dealer: more Lana, guitar solo

If You Lie Down With Me: moans

manifesting WAY more lana on dealer giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47304y0lluaqzy8f4h0hx3j6pgt51n1wd4ubktl1md&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

mUENGN9.png

i don’t know about you guys, but i’m really seeing a solid storyline and message unfold in the tracklist already :bop:

Spoiler

this is just my little take on blue banisters so far, i haven’t thought too much into it but here we go. the first three tracks are where lana is now, 2021. the interlude is lana travelling back in time to 2013 ish. i imagine some kind of montage, reverse rewind movie scene to this :wowcry:

we get to 2013 and the album takes us in chronological order to 2021, back where we started. i will only speak on the songs i know of because otherwise i am just making shit up. in my head, the guy from thunder broke her heart because he was too nervous for the relationship (just do it don’t wait), he was a storm that broke her weather vane. the man lana wrote about in blue banisters said he would fix her heart (represented by a weather vane), but he didn’t. lana then gets healed by family and friends.also, weather vanes show the direction of wind in a storm. when lanas was broken, she either was led down the wrong path, or was at a standstill as she didn’t know what direction was best to head down

going off the name ‘if you lie down with me’, i guessed that lana felt insecure in relationships and uncertain of the man’s loyalty and devotion. later on in the album, you hear ‘i’ll lie down like a bed of wild flowers’, showing lana being a lone wolf, making decisions herself and realising she needs to be comfortable on her own first. 

lana frequently mentions wanting to leave hollywood, fame etc and this is further emphasised as she says ‘california homeland of the gods, once i found my way but now i am lost’. she’s telling us throughout her career she has felt lost and uneasy in hollywood, and the limelight. 

towards the end of the record we see lana begin to favour family and friends to lovers. starting with Living Legend, and finishing with Sweet Carolina, a song made with her family. she goes from wanting to find her father figure in her relationships, to realising the best way to find her father figure was through her family and father herself. 

that’s my little piece, probably rubbish and not valid lol but that’s how the album plays out in my head :typewriter:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif