Jump to content
Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

What time do you guys think she's releasing the album? I would say midnight NZ time but the 3 singles and Arcadia were both released at 6pm BST.

 

midnight nz i hope


4044adf6ba985ce1564ae92febe8b2e0b105cc2b.gifv        7e6bca2b694e3a47681347e42d90528bdba5cce8.gifvb72b2f080e61a4cebe9dc000c1122404a0e26785.gifv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

What time do you guys think she's releasing the album? I would say midnight NZ time but the 3 singles and Arcadia were both released at 6pm BST.


Midnight it is

 

GraciousDentalCaudata-size_restricted.gi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

What time do you guys think she's releasing the album? I would say midnight NZ time but the 3 singles and Arcadia were both released at 6pm BST.

Look at the time it shows in your country. If it says 22th October then it's midnight NZ, if it says 24th or something like that it's a global release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Any remake is likely to take away production and just redo the vocals, Lana is becoming more minimal so I doubt she’d add anything to the songs more simplify them.

Hasn’t it been confirmed that more was added to Thunder though? Don’t see why she couldn’t have done the same for the other songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nectar said:

Hasn’t it been confirmed that more was added to Thunder though? Don’t see why she couldn’t have done the same for the other songs. 

 

thunder is more stripped down in the beginning. it starts with just piano and vocals really and as the song goes on it builds up and there are guitars and other instruments that are similar to the version we've already heard. 


faSE.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Nectar said:

Hasn’t it been confirmed that more was added to Thunder though? Don’t see why she couldn’t have done the same for the other songs. 

I’m not sure if that was true or not 


Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m not sure if that was true or not 

it is. it has more piano, more bass, the guitars are less of a focal point and there’s more buildup which makes the song sound more complete/finished. apparently a highlight of the album so they say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, L Del Ray said:

hold on the signed bundles are still available on the universal music site? 

Seems like they are. I'd get one if the vinyl colour variants were prettier smh

Or if it was just one CD with a signed booklet. 


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a lot of people on here are kind of anti caring about Lana and the Grammys and other awards, so if that's you then you can just ignore this. I'm one of the people that still cares and holds on to hope that Lana will be a Grammy winner someday. Anyway, I'm wondering if BB the album is going to be Grammy eligible. The eligibility requirement says that 75% of the playtime of an album has to be recorded in the last five years. I am pretty certain that 75% of these songs are new, but Nectar, Cherry Blossom and Living Legend are all definitely older songs. But are all the other songs definitely recent? And will that be enough to reach 75% of the playtime? Also, BB won't be eligible until the 2023 Grammys, but Chemtrails and the three singles will all be eligible for the upcoming 2022 Grammys. I'm wondering if Lana will submit Chemtrails songs or one of the three singles this year. I am afraid Lana's release schedule is hurting her Grammy odds. Chemtrails is now pretty old to get noticed for a Grammy this year, and BB will be over a year old by the 2023 Grammys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I know a lot of people on here are kind of anti caring about Lana and the Grammys and other awards, so if that's you then you can just ignore this. I'm one of the people that still cares and holds on to hope that Lana will be a Grammy winner someday. Anyway, I'm wondering if BB the album is going to be Grammy eligible. The eligibility requirement says that 75% of the playtime of an album has to be recorded in the last five years. I am pretty certain that 75% of these songs are new, but Nectar, Cherry Blossom and Living Legend are all definitely older songs. But are all the other songs definitely recent? And will that be enough to reach 75% of the playtime? Also, BB won't be eligible until the 2023 Grammys, but Chemtrails and the three singles will all be eligible for the upcoming 2022 Grammys. I'm wondering if Lana will submit Chemtrails songs or one of the three singles this year. I am afraid Lana's release schedule is hurting her Grammy odds. Chemtrails is now pretty old to get noticed for a Grammy this year, and BB will be over a year old by the 2023 Grammys.

I would like to see Lana win at least one Grammy, yes since she definitely deserves to be awarded for her excellence. But the Grammys suck in their nominations most of the time and recently almost always have given the awards to less (or just completely undeserving) songs/albums/artists


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I know a lot of people on here are kind of anti caring about Lana and the Grammys and other awards, so if that's you then you can just ignore this. I'm one of the people that still cares and holds on to hope that Lana will be a Grammy winner someday. Anyway, I'm wondering if BB the album is going to be Grammy eligible. The eligibility requirement says that 75% of the playtime of an album has to be recorded in the last five years. I am pretty certain that 75% of these songs are new, but Nectar, Cherry Blossom and Living Legend are all definitely older songs. But are all the other songs definitely recent? And will that be enough to reach 75% of the playtime? Also, BB won't be eligible until the 2023 Grammys, but Chemtrails and the three singles will all be eligible for the upcoming 2022 Grammys. I'm wondering if Lana will submit Chemtrails songs or one of the three singles this year. I am afraid Lana's release schedule is hurting her Grammy odds. Chemtrails is now pretty old to get noticed for a Grammy this year, and BB will be over a year old by the 2023 Grammys.

Chemtrails is eligible for 2022, but Blue Banisters would probably go to 2023 if it were to be nominated (and I don't think they're too concerned about songs or albums being a few months to a year old as much anymore, Lizzo's "Truth Hurts" was nominated quite a while after it was released). I do think it'd be nice to see Lana get recognition like that from the Academy, but it's not something I really expect after LFL and NFR lost their categories in 2018 and 2020. 


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

how do u all plan to listen to bb when it's released? :kris: i normally just... race thru it 

Dealer first just to hear it in HQ and then the full album from start to finish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It comes out on my friend's birthday so we are having a pool party that night and listening

But I will not be swimming with Nikki Lame


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So does anyone know what Cherry Blossom sounds like?

Also is there a chance that the released Cherry Blossom will be totally new?


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baddisease said:

So does anyone know what Cherry Blossom sounds like?

Also is there a chance that the released Cherry Blossom will be totally new?

Imagine it as a rock song


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, your dealer said:

 

thunder is more stripped down in the beginning. it starts with just piano and vocals really and as the song goes on it builds up and there are guitars and other instruments that are similar to the version we've already heard. 

Ah you gave me hope I'm gonna actually like the new version. Are there lyrical changes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...