Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

2 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

i just hope the first listen isn't going to be a frustrating experience :eartha2:

there are going to be four songs we know, then four songs we haven't heard, then the 5 leaked songs (and wildflower) which, if anything, are shaping up to be only slightly altered, and then sweet carolina. it sounds a bit unbalanced to me

i hope i'm not going to spend the second half of the album wishing it away and just waiting for sweet carolina and at the same time being bummed there's not much to discover left, especially because of how short the last song is :trisha:

I was bit « bummed » yesterday when we found out the Sweet Carolina was 3:30. Plus I prefer a short but perfect song to a lullaby that drags on and on. Besides, Cherry is 3:00 and is perfect as it is. So maybe SC won’t disappoint. 

2 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

i just hope the first listen isn't going to be a frustrating experience :eartha2:

there are going to be four songs we know, then four songs we haven't heard, then the 5 leaked songs (and wildflower) which, if anything, are shaping up to be only slightly altered, and then sweet carolina. it sounds a bit unbalanced to me

i hope i'm not going to spend the second half of the album wishing it away and just waiting for sweet carolina and at the same time being bummed there's not much to discover left, especially because of how short the last song is :trisha:

Just from the song titles, I'm very confident that the unknown songs will fit well with the rest of the album. There is no reason to expect a disappointment.

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Just from the song titles, I'm very confident that the unknown songs will fit well with the rest of the album. There is no reason to expect a disappointment.

it's not that i expect to be disappointed in the new songs, i honestly think they're going to be excellent, it's just that i fear i might feel frustrated to hear 4 songs i already know in a row, and later, 6 songs i already know (although, granted, some of them might have been changed) in a row. i feel like the album might be very well structured and make perfect sense, but on my first listen, i'm afraid i'm going to be super excited when the 4 unknown songs play one after the other, and a bit bored when the rest plays. but when we get used to all the songs and nectar of the gods has the same status as sweet carolina (that of a regular track on blue banisters), i'm sure it'll feel more balanced! and most of the people who'll listen to the album never heard the leaked songs, so that's only going to be a bit of a problem for us

56 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

BBS has me hyped if what we heard is true. And a more « bopish » song will be welcomed on BB. 
interesting that both that track and HBTB are track 5 of their respective albums… (HBTB, by the way, is way underrated with the GP, that song should have gone viral already). 

"what we heard" is most definitely false and got pulled out of someone’s ass, let’s just stick to real insider tea cause this isn’t one of them :eek:

3 hours ago, Future Jazz said:

I get what you say but at least there's the excitement about the little changes she did to the songs (Thunder and Living Legend at least). CB and NotG were already pretty simple tracks so I guess they are just remastered.

Also hearing them in the context of the album will make the experience different. I consider them as "spoilers" in her story but I'm excited to hear the full thing anyway.

Since the tracklist was confirmed I tried to not listen to the known tracks to make them sound fresher with the album (even though I know them by heart already :thumb2:)

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Rocket0212 said:

I just don't understand what's the point of Dealer without Miles singing the verses? I know that you all have a PTSD from horrible LFL and COCC collabs but I think this song will lose its spice without him. She can make it a Japanese bonus track if it's solo, cause that would be a devamp like BAR.

Do we know for sure it doesn’t have Miles? For Free didn’t list Zella Day or Weyes Blood only on digital versions.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

12 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

"what we heard" is most definitely false and got pulled out of someone’s ass, let’s just stick to real insider tea cause this isn’t one of them :eek:

I know that nothing is 100% sure about that song anyways… But the title, plus the interlude before it makes me believe it’s going to be a « Cherryesque » song or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I know that nothing is 100% sure about that song anyways… But the title, plus the interlude before it makes me believe it’s going to be a « Cherryesque » song or something like that. 

I think it may be more like 13 beaches for some reason

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

in my opinion, Miles' voice is not really enjoyable, neither is his delivery, and he takes up like 70% of the singing space. and we already have the version with him, that's also why i'd rather have new Lana content. i don't see any problem with Lana being both protagonists

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Do we know for sure it doesn’t have Miles? For Free didn’t list Zella Day or Weyes Blood only on digital versions.

Who knows? BUS didn’t have the Nikki featuring until almost release I think (even if we knew from the start it would). 
I really hope Miles is on Dealer: it was one of the surprises of the song and he gives it such a surreal vibe. 
Also… maybe Black Bathing Suit is the Jesse R song they recorded in 2017 since no featuring have been indicated :brows: (maybe there’ll even be one for Sweet Carolina).

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think it may be more like 13 beaches for some reason

:oic3: I wouldn’t be mad about it at all, I love that song as well. 

24 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I get what you say but at least there's the excitement about the little changes she did to the songs (Thunder and Living Legend at least). CB and NotG were already pretty simple tracks so I guess they are just remastered.

Also hearing them in the context of the album will make the experience different. I consider them as "spoilers" in her story but I'm excited to hear the full thing anyway.

Since the tracklist was confirmed I tried to not listen to the known tracks to make them sound fresher with the album (even though I know them by heart already :thumb2:)

I’m glad she didn’t change NotG since it’s already perfect. Thunder was near perfect so I have something to look forward to in the small changes they did. Living Legend and Cherry Blossom are the songs that I don’t connect to that much yet (Cherry Blossom has too many versions and none is final - I rarely connect to the demos sadly - and my version of Living Legend is so shitty, I don’t hear half of what she’s saying, and knowing how specific is that song, I pretty much always skip it even if I like the Wawa Wawa part)

9 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

in my opinion, Miles' voice is not really enjoyable, neither is his delivery, and he takes up like 70% of the singing space. and we already have the version with him, that's also why i'd rather have new Lana content. i don't see any problem with Lana being both protagonists

But this duet only works because Miles and Lana's parts are so opposite. He's calm and chilled and wants to be alone, while she's upset and wild. It's not as funny anymore when Lana sings all the parts.

1 hour ago, Future Jazz said:

it's just that i fear i might feel frustrated to hear 4 songs i already know in a row, and later, 6 songs i already know (although, granted, some of them might have been changed) in a row. 

maybe if you didn’t listen to the leaks and especially not dealer you wouldn’t have that issue :tsk:

12 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

maybe if you didn’t listen to the leaks and especially not dealer you wouldn’t have that issue :tsk:

how could we know that she was going to release them all at once :derpna2:

remember when some insiders said text bookT is the longest track?

remember how they said BBS is "surprising" and all that? :oprah3:

Spoiler

the surprise being that they don't have it that's why they didn't know it was the longest track :creepna2:

Spoiler

yes i am still salty this website bullied me off for the tiniest things, enjoy lustforlife/ldraddic and islamgoulding i guess :eek3:

5 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

how could we know that she was going to release them all at once :derpna2:

it’s not like we didn’t know dealer was on the album yet they still listened to it a month before the album :eek:

5 minutes ago, 111 said:

remember when some insiders said text bookT is the longest track?

remember how they said BBS is "surprising" and all that? :oprah3:

Reveal hidden contents

the surprise being that they don't have it that's why they didn't know it was the longest track :creepna2:

Reveal hidden contents

yes i am still salty this website bullied me off for the tiniest things, enjoy lustforlife/ldraddic and islamgoulding i guess :eek3:

dear god take lustforlies and give us back miss eclipse naomi-campbell.gif

but for real he has a damn good point. people on here whined and cried about not having any inside info and the era being dry without them but simultaneously bullied off one of the 2 only reliable insiders all while choosing to keep some dumb fuck who hasn’t been right EVER and just lies about everything they say but y’all are somehow completely fine with that??… 

a wrong choice was clearly made lmao. this fandom kinda deserves to not get insider info ever again :eartha: