Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I'm going to listen to Blue Banisters outside in my hammock with a nice big blunt and I'm going to ascend.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

I'll listen and hopefully cry along to it as I really want at least 2 of the 5 new songs to be super sad and depressing. Come on Lana put me in my feelings again!

5 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

So excited to put Living Legend and dance to all my apartment :godlaugh:

Living Legend (Dance/Trip-Hop Mix) reworked confirmed 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Black Beauty, Brooklyn Baby, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend, and now UFB are some of my all time favourite songs, and they were all written with Barrie, so I’m really excited to hear If You Lie Down With Me.

Can’t believe we’re only 367 hours and 17 minutes away! :party:

Okay so final predictions for the sound of the new tracks...

Black Bathing Suit: spaghetti western influences (The Trio preceding it) + trip hop + blues (Text Book-ish instrumentals) leading to a psychedelic bridge. Confessional lyrics; an extremely sad song despite its sexy title. Some of Lana's deepest and most bluesy vocals to date.

If You Lie Down With Me: a rock/blues ballad which gets more and more aggressive as the song reaches its highest point during its euphoric climax putting the likes of UFB and Riverside to shame I fear.  

Beautiful: the dreamiest song on the album. Synths! And an orchestra! Arcadia's sunnier sister. 

Violets for Roses: the breaking point. Very jazzy and very sad. The type of song Billie Holiday would have sung. The perfect track right before Dealer.

Sweet Carolina: short and sweet piano ballad with heartwarming lyrics, and a hypnotic spacey synth-based soundscape. The shorter and livelier/more optimistic sister of Blue Banisters. Lana's voice at its most ethereal. Stargirl Interlude found dead in a ditch.

:godlaugh: