Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Can y'all stop with that "Dealer solo version" BS? That song would not make sense at all if it wasnt a duet.

You guys are overanalyzing every little lyric from a 2007 laptop demo but can't figure out theconcept of a song because I jUsT wOaNt LoAnA!!!1!!!11!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't see the problem with wanting only Lana rather than a duet! Dealer included. Just because some wouldn't be into it, doesn't mean it wouldn't be perfect for others ? Music is way too subjective to decide what would and wouldn't make sense for everyone.

Just now, COCC said:

Dealer solo version when

Hide contents

:omfg2:

Our wild spirit is one and the same :oic2:

45 minutes ago, Venice said:

I don't see the problem with wanting only Lana rather than a duet! Dealer included. Just because some wouldn't be into it, doesn't mean it wouldn't be perfect for others ? Music is way too subjective to decide what would and wouldn't make sense for everyone.

Our wild spirit is one and the same :oic2:

I'm not saying anyone has to like duets (I'm no big fan pf them either) but this is one of the few collabs of hers shere the duet actually makes sense. If it was another LFL/BPBP situation where she had a solo song and randomly picked out  lines to give them to a feature artist, I'd understand the want for a solo version (and would probably feel that way too).

But the whole story Dealer is telling only works as a duet. If she'd sing it all by hersepf it would lose a lot of it's meaning.

I also prefer songs with just her but wanting a track to be solo just for the sake of it ... nah

Hi guys! I'm new here, been lurking you for a while. I'm super excited for new album. :wub:

I wanted to say how special the title track is for me. 

I love her vocals like wow.. The way she's switching from strong voice to kind of whispering is so deep

And that scared me

'Cause I met a man who

Said he'd come back every May

Idk this track makes me feel like she's singing about some very traumatic experience and I always feel some kind of numbness after listening to it :toofunny: like the man she met really hurt her. 

Also the instruments reminds me of Black Beauty demo and I think they might be sister songs :crai:

11 minutes ago, bluedealer said:

Hi guys! I'm new here, been lurking you for a while. I'm super excited for new album. :wub:

I wanted to say how special the title track is for me. 

I love her vocals like wow.. The way she's switching from strong voice to kind of whispering is so deep

And that scared me

'Cause I met a man who

Said he'd come back every May

Idk this track makes me feel like she's singing about some very traumatic experience and I always feel some kind of numbness after listening to it :toofunny: like the man she met really hurt her. 

Also the instruments reminds me of Black Beauty demo and I think they might be sister songs :crai:

welcome to lanaboards! :kiss3: :wave2: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

30 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

I'm not saying anyone has to like duets (I'm no big fan pf them either) but this is one of the few collabs of hers shere the duet actually makes sense. If it was another LFL/BPBP situation where she had a solo song and randomly picked out  lines to give them to a feature artist, I'd understand the want for a solo version (and would probably feel that way too).

But the whole story Dealer is telling only works as a duet. If she'd sing it all by hersepf it would lose a lot of it's meaning.

I also prefer songs with just her but wanting a track to be solo just for the sake of it ... nah

Love you but that's still subjective! And song meanings, especially Lana's intricate works, can especially be v subjective and have all kinds of interpretations!

But yeah I also prefer solos - I hope the 5 other BB songs I haven't heard don't have features, unless it's some spicy beat :sluttybunny:

5 minutes ago, Venice said:

Love you but that's still subjective! And song meanings, especially Lana's intricate works, can especially be v subjective and have all kinds of interpretations!

It's not really though. The song is structurd around a dialogue sitation - which obviously requires two people to duet. I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but even though a lot about art is about personal interpretation, some things just aren't.

I'm bored let's speculate what songs from previous albums could serve similar vibes as each unheard track :party:

Black Bathing Suit = Tulsa Jesus Freak / 13 Beaches 

If You Lie Down With Me = Pretty When You Cry / Religion 

Beautiful = Video Games / Get Free

Violets For Roses = Change / Bel Air 

Sweet Carolina = Dance Till We Die / Swan Song

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

2 hours ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Can y'all stop with that "Dealer solo version" BS? That song would not make sense at all if it wasnt a duet.

You guys are overanalyzing every little lyric from a 2007 laptop demo but can't figure out theconcept of a song because I jUsT wOaNt LoAnA!!!1!!!11!

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Dealer solo version when

Hide contents

:omfg2:

Alex Turner version when :oopna:

17 minutes ago, lover said:

I'm bored let's speculate what songs from previous albums could serve similar vibes as each unheard track :party:

Black Bathing Suit = Tulsa Jesus Freak / 13 Beaches 

If BBS isn’t Off To The Races part 2, i’m not interested :smokeney:

12 minutes ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

Alex Turner version when :oopna:

That’s exactly what i wanted to hear :oopna:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Spoiler

I love that Dealer has Miles on it: that bluesy sound and his voice were two big surprises for me. I also love that one of the songs on BB has a male feature: since this album is about telling her story and revisiting the past, it’s fitting to have at least one song with a guy since they were a big part of her life, and to have that on Dealer is also fitting: it doesn’t end well :oopna:

14 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

What will the rest of the singles for BB be? I'm hoping Thunder gets a music video.

i think sweet carolina alongside thunder would be great as a single - i'm imagining a video games style music video flashing through vignettes of family moments and/or the recording process with rob and chuck :cryney2: 

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, lover said:

Both "If You Lie Down With Me" and "Beautiful" give me strong NFR-vibes for some reason. I imagine a warm sound, similar to the title track, MAC, Love Song or FIILY.

23 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

What will the rest of the singles for BB be? I'm hoping Thunder gets a music video.

I doubt we'll get another one tbh