Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

honestly i hope the gatefold for this album is her giving the camera aย middle finger lmaoooooย 

ย 

that'd be so fucking iconic

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

ย 

that'd be so fucking iconic

ย 

imagine like a pop up book except when it pops out, it's her hand with just her finger hahahaย 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Not to gloat, but I'm gonna smack back my bitch up.

ย 

NFR's pre-release threads will show that I predicted the level of acclaim NFR got, down to its status as a modern classic in music circles. It's something I never felt for any of her other records, including COCC right after. (Also came in with a heads up that scholars/professors/music snobs were seeing that she was one of the more influential artists of our timeย beforeย Pitchfork compared her to Dylan.)

ย 

I don't think BB is going to be as acclaimed, based on what we've heard, if only because NFR had a sort of mythical scope of Americana that appeals to critics, and this record seems to be more personal and intimate, but I'm thinking her second Grammy nod for AotY is almost certain. Might even win in that classic "make-up for the previous snub", since there is a general consensus that she deserved to win for NFR, but that will also depend on the culture/factors leading up to voting.ย 

ย 

I don't think it's going to get high 9+ from music publications, but high 8s? Certainly. It'll be her most acclaimed behind NFR.ย Further essays that over-analyze her authenticity? For sure! A huge crowd coming around to her? Yep.ย 

50 minutes ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

Not to gloat, but I'm gonna smack back my bitch up.

ย 

NFR's pre-release threads will show that I predicted the level of acclaim NFR got, down to its status as a modern classic in music circles. It's something I never felt for any of her other records, including COCC right after. (Also came in with a heads up that scholars/professors/music snobs were seeing that she was one of the more influential artists of our timeย beforeย Pitchfork compared her to Dylan.)

ย 

I don't think BB is going to be as acclaimed, based on what we've heard, if only because NFR had a sort of mythical scope of Americana that appeals to critics, and this record seems to be more personal and intimate, but I'm thinking her second Grammy nod for AotY is almost certain. Might even win in that classic "make-up for the previous snub", since there is a general consensus that she deserved to win for NFR, but that will also depend on the culture/factors leading up to voting.ย 

ย 

I don't think it's going to get high 9+ from music publications, but high 8s? Certainly. It'll be her most acclaimed behind NFR.ย Further essays that over-analyze her authenticity? For sure! A huge crowd coming around to her? Yep.ย 

2023 AOTY is probably going to Adele alreadyย :eek3:.

As long as the Grammys keepย changing her into pop categories I don't think she'll get one cause at the end of the day mainstream appeal is (sadly) a huge factor for a win in the main awards.

AOTY seems to be a fair category sometimes (for example when Kacey won for Golden Hour versus Cardi, Drake and Post Malone) but I don't know if she'll get another nomination there even if she releases a better album than NFR (she already did x2 thoย :silly:)

ย 

giphy.gif

I adore Norman and it really is one of my favorite records, but the one qualm that I have of it is that it isn't very cohesive. It's a bit chaotic and all over the place in terms of sound. To me, Blue Banisters is of the same caliber thus far, but it really seems to be pointing towards a very cohesive record in ways that we haven't seen from her since Honeymoon.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

To add onto the Grammy thing I brought up, I didn't even consider the possibility of the album not even becoming eligible. I wonder if the use of 'older' songs - even though unreleased by her team - will factor in a disqualification. That would suck, but wouldn't be surprising.ย 

ย 

She likely would have won the Oscar for "Young and Beautiful" if it weren't for the stupid rule.ย 

5 minutes ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

To add onto the Grammy thing I brought up, I didn't even consider the possibility of the album not even becoming eligible. I wonder if the use of 'older' songs - even though unreleased by her team - will factor in a disqualification. That would suck, but wouldn't be surprising.ย 

ย 

She likely would have won the Oscar for "Young and Beautiful" if it weren't for the stupid rule.ย 

ย 

what was the rule?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

Just now, picturebook said:

ย 

what was the rule?

ย 

I may not remember it entirely correct, but it was something similar that happened to Bruce Springsteen in 2008. Both his song, and YaB were the frontrunners for the award, but they were disqualified because they had been 'released'/'written' outside of being specifically "for the film". Basically, they were considered "reused", and thus not merited, I guess. As if they can prove that for the myriads of other songs they nominate.ย 

26 minutes ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

ย 

I may not remember it entirely correct, but it was something similar that happened to Bruce Springsteen in 2008. Both his song, and YaB were the frontrunners for the award, but they were disqualified because they had been 'released'/'written' outside of being specifically "for the film". Basically, they were considered "reused", and thus not merited, I guess. As if they can prove that for the myriads of other songs they nominate.ย 

ย 

I don't think it's the case tho, it wouldn't make sense

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

1 hour ago, BluVelvUnderground said:

they were disqualified because they had been 'released'/'written' outside of being specifically "for the film". Basically, they were considered "reused", and thus not merited, I guess.

That is correct!ย There were two reasons, one being a release date technicality, and also a smear campaign by an academy member which influenced the other members of the academy to nominate a different song he had personal connections too (which was later revoked from the list).ย 

Sources and longer findings:

https://raunaqnambiar.medium.com/the-oscars-controversy-no-one-knows-about-44cde4576f11

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/19/lana-del-rey-oscars-sabotage

https://time.com/11728/lana-del-rey-young-and-beautiful-oscar-snub/

3lfQEhw.png

Psychic moment....I just know once BB is out she's gonna keep her foot on our necksย she's really been up to something and she seems like reinvigorated lately, sheย looks very confident.ย With mike saying he planned to work with her a lot in the future and all the collab rumours i think she's gonna goย for anotherย panoramicย outward-looking albumย bc BB is gonna be her autobiographic moment i think we're due for another "America analysis". Andย with all the middle fingers she's been throwing up and tits she's been getting out i know it's gonna be hot and she's gonna be reading the girls

There's a picture on the wall...

ย 

:hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedย Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.ย 

ย 

On 10/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

something big will happen this weekย :hooker:

what i tell ya'll

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

I'm still sad that we didn't get a music video for Blue Banisters because of her ex beingย in it.

I wonder if she has another video for it that she plans on releasing in the next few weeks (because it's the title track)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

7 hours ago, VeniceBiatch said:

I feel so much more excited for this release than I did with COCC. God this album is going to be so good.

I truly feel in my heart that itโ€™s going to be a stunner.ย 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Ladyย [to Laura]: โ€œWhen this kind of fire starts, it isย 
veryย hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.โ€