Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Well y’all we’re getting a mostly piano album…….. let’s hope those trumpets and tubas and the one song with synths are fire :silly:

I think the credits are incomplete...NoTG doesnt have credit for guitars..

Just now, Pale Fire said:

yeah they’re def incomplete but it’s still gonna be… hella piano 

Are you sure? That site leaker Solar Power credits and they turned out to be legit. Although some of the song versions on the vinyl were a little different from streaming. 

If she did remove the guitars on NOTG and LL then both songs are reworked. On the other hand I think these credits are incomplete. For example, Sweet Carolina mentions Drew Erickson but not Rob who 100% plays the piano.

Anyway, Violets for Roses having violins and violoncello is EVERYTHING. And If You Lie Down With Me with all the trumpets and tubas. And Miss Black Bathing Suit with guitars and drums. :pussypower:

2 minutes ago, Crack Prince said:

Did she seriously remove the guitar on Nectar Of The Gods? THIS BITCH....

The credits are seemingly incomplete on some songs, so it's more likely than not that it's still there, but that the song was reworked to include piano as well

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

The credits are seemingly incomplete on some songs, so it's more likely than not that it's still there, but that the song was reworked to include piano as well

The insiders flopping again when they realize they had access to demos and not the real thing again. :sass:

If the credits are correct, it's interesting that If You Lie Down With Me has the same trumpet players as Arcadia. Wouldn't that imply it's been re-recorded? Or at least reworked. I guess it's possible Lana is still using the same trumpet players however many years later but I find it unlikely

Just now, hashtagtylerh said:

If the credits are correct, it's interesting that If You Lie Down With Me has the same trumpet players as Arcadia. Wouldn't that imply it's been re-recorded? Or at least reworked. I guess it's possible Lana is still using the same trumpet players however many years later but I find it unlikely

It's 100% reworked. Erickson is credited as a co-writer of the song unlike, say, Nectar of the Gods. I suppose Lana wanted consistency in terms of sound so the middle section seems to follow Arcadia's soundscape with all the trumpets on IYLDWM and the violins on VFR. And these are all Erickson collaborations. Unsurprisingly, the good sis Zach Dawes is keeping the rockier elements of Thunder/California on Black Bathing Suit with all the drums and guitars. 

17 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Well y’all we’re getting a mostly piano album……..

Were we expecting anything more at this particular point :whatever:

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

It's 100% reworked. Erickson is credited as a co-writer of the song unlike, say, Nectar of the Gods. I suppose Lana wanted consistency in terms of sound so the middle section seems to follow Arcadia's soundscape with all the trumpets on IYLDWM and the violins on VFR. And these are all Erickson collaborations. Unsurprisingly, the good sis Zach Dawes is keeping the rockier elements of Thunder/California on Black Bathing Suit with all the drums and guitars. 

Thanks for the reply, definitely articulated what I'm bad at saying lol. I usually don't care too much for the credits but it's interesting since they're for songs we've already heard (or at least heard about in some cases). I was already excited for BB but now I'm more so :hype: