Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, scarlettohara said:

i just realized chemtrails came out 8 months after violet and now blue banisters  is coming out 7 months after chemtrails meaning we should expect another lana album in 6 months :shock::hype:

I hope she has a break for 2 years with maybe a covers album in between.  Because I want her to develop a new sound and really take her time with her next record. I do not want anymore albums with piano ballads that won’t cut it, another album of piano ballads would be repetitive and boring. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

3 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

i just realized chemtrails came out 8 months after violet and now blue banisters  is coming out 7 months after chemtrails meaning we should expect another lana album in 6 months :shock::hype:

american standarts & classic no it's true it's true

4 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Lana waiting to announce Rock Candy Sweet on October 23rd :blush3:

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I hope she has a break for 2 years with maybe a covers album in between.  Because I want her to develop a new sound and really take her time with her next record. I do not want anymore albums with piano ballads that won’t cut it, another album of piano ballads would be repetitive and boring. 

me contemplating for a few seconds whether i should fight

ChaoticLipster

mUENGN9.png

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ChaoticLipster

We definitely need to fight them :scream:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I’m sry but its tea… as a fan i wouldn’t want anymore of the same old, i think a very important part of musicians’ careers are their versatility and growth—which should always be ever changing. Although I love Lana and will support whatever she does, id want her to take some more musical risks :kiss3:

1 minute ago, Volta said:

I’m sry but its tea… as a fan i wouldn’t want anymore of the same old, i think a very important part of musicians’ careers are their versatility and growth—which should always be ever changing. Although I love Lana and will support whatever she does, id want her to take some more musical risks :kiss3:

i agree but it's weird that when she did that with the WFWF drums half of the people in here trashed it

If Lana were creatively struggling then I would understand wanting her to take a break, but in my opinion she's consistently at the top of her game, so if she's ready to announce another album already then bring it on. I personally see plenty of creative risks and progression in her latest songs and don't find her sound getting repetitive at all. 

12 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ChaoticLipster

Yeah yeah I know you all love piano ballads and want her to do the same thing until she’s 80. Tell me something I don’t know. Also she does need a break she will make better music in the long term. I also like her piano ballads but I know she can do other types of music…being bored of something doesn’t mean I hate them entirely. 

2 years is nothing really come on now

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

:awk:

I respect all opinions

but lordie may, Lana hasn’t been stale at all

”the same piano ballads that she’ll be doing till she’s 80” 

She does different things and people cringe

CinnamonGirl got called overrated

DBJAG was out of place

It’s like you guys don’t even know what you want from her

”We want BTD songs”

That was essentially 10 years ago at this point

just let her be

She’s like a painter (but with music) she’ll be inspired whenever she is

let her be and let us enjoy her making nonstop music

I’ll be listening to whatever she pumps out

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

i think is ballads in general or just the acoustic sound because COCC doesn't have as much piano driven songs as you like to think in fact it has acoustic guitars the most. and apart from the singles i don't think blue banisters will have a lot of piano ballads as well. but i agree in the fact than there hasn't been an album with a total different sound in its entirety since NFR! and the differences between the albums are getting smaller so i think a new genre she never explored will do her good

2 minutes ago, yayoop said:

:awk:

I respect all opinions

but lordie may, Lana hasn’t been stale at all

”the same piano ballads that she’ll be doing till she’s 80” 

She does different things and people cringe

CinnamonGirl got called overrated

DBJAG was out of place

It’s like you guys don’t even know what you want from her

”We want BTD songs”

That was essentially 10 years ago at this point

just let her be

She’s like a painter (but with music) she’ll be inspired whenever she is

let her be and let us enjoy her making nonstop music

agreed. on all of it.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah yeah I know you all love piano ballads and want her to do the same thing until she’s 80. Tell me something I don’t know. Also she does need a break she will make better music in the long term. I also like her piano ballads but I know she can do other types of music…being bored of something doesn’t mean I hate them entirely. 

2 years is nothing really come on now

Praying that Jesus fixes your ears and tastebuds!!

i, for one, don’t think there’s ENOUGH piano on her latest records.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

13 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah yeah I know you all love piano ballads and want her to do the same thing until she’s 80.

When has anyone ever said this? And she hasn't been doing the same thing. NFR and Chemtrails don't even sound the same sonically, the only songs that might sound similar are Wild at Heart and How To Disappear. Honestly, there's more guitar on Chemtrails than there is piano. The three singles and Arcadia are nothing like either of those albums, and from what we've heard and know, the rest of Blue Banisters won't be either. I swear some people hear or see the word "piano" and just assume that it sounds a certain way. 

imageproxy.jpg