Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:
  Hide contents

Wa....the bridge..the production slaps..but her voice could be better? It's almost like she is out of breath and the vocals are strained

This is how the vocals on the bridge were in the original track too; it’s an intentional vocal choice. She’s kinda raspy and out of breath. It’s meant to be bluesy and stylistic  

2 minutes ago, Araby said:

This is how the vocals on the bridge were in the original track too; it’s an intentional vocal choice. She’s kinda raspy and out of breath. It’s meant to be bluesy and stylistic  

Spoiler

I went back to the original.  Although it's kinda similar in the breathiness the vocals are indeed better. The shape of the vocals are better so it doesnt sound so strained. 

She seems to be opening her mouth more in the Bridge snippet leak?

Also the JUST DO IT by the backing vocalists is missing omg...they were perfect 

2 minutes ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

When album is released can you all make a TikTok with the 'just do it just do it don't wait' part. a funny one so it trends? 

Thanks, on behalf of Lana's team

Only if u spill some good tea

7 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I love the song but it's quite weird that they try to give a "poetic" meaning to the drum sounds which clearly sounds wrong, they say it's "flames" or something like that. Anyway I listened to the Apple music version and that sound is much better worked out there. 

but it doesn't have a poetic meaning just for the sake of it. it's quite literally an artistic choice that mike spent a lot of time doing. you can dislike it of course (i did on my first listen) but it's not wrong or a mistake or something that needs to be fixed, it's drums with a crashing effect, some people like it, some people don't.

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:
  Hide contents

I went back to the original.  Although it's kinda similar in the breathiness the vocals are indeed better. The shape of the vocals are better so it doesnt sound so strained. 

She seems to be opening her mouth more in the Bridge snippet leak?

Also the JUST DO IT by the backing vocalists is missing omg...they were perfect 

I think it's just a different mix of the same vocal take.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Spoiler

did the chorus with the original thunder sound leak? if so, are the singing legends not doing the backing vocals there either? i'm unstanning

3 minutes ago, Grenadine quarantine said:
  Hide contents

I’ve not listened to thunder new mix yet but the the backing vocals better be clear I love the 60s feel it gave the song?

The backing vocalists are credited so they're definitely featured! :)