Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

Spoiler

Black Bathing Suit is definitely a product of spring-summer 2020. Between The Post, the mothers day stuff, and the increase in people body-shaming her and generally saying some vile shit to her, you can really see all of that coming to life in the lyrics

imageproxy.jpg

Spoiler

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK "BLACK BATHING SUIT" SOUNDS LIKE BTD + PE + UV + HM + L4L + NFR + COTCC combined HOW TF SHE DID THAT OH MY GOD?!!!!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

For the first time, i'm not really sure what to make of the album. It's very dense and hard to digest, especially those middle songs. The first and last five (or six starting with Dealer) I absolutely adore. Definitely feels like a grower? But i'm not sure about Black Bathing Suit, IYLDWM and Beautiful. Hmm

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Thunder said:

Hide contents

For the first time, i'm not really sure what to make of the album. It's very dense and hard to digest, especially those middle songs. The first and last five (or six starting with Dealer) I absolutely adore. Definitely feels like a grower? But i'm not sure about Black Bathing Suit, IYLDWM and Beautiful. Hmm

Spoiler

It was the same with WW, TB and BB for me- first I didnt like them because they‘re hard to digest and structered in an unexpected way. It might be the same with the record!

Spoiler

CAN WE APPRECIATE JUST FOR A SECOND HOW GOOD IS THE ORDER OF THE TRACKLIST?? SHE DID A AMAZING JOB WITH THIS RECORD. Unbelievable its the same person who did the lust for life tracklist

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Just now, COCC said:

Hide contents

It was the same with WW, TB and BB for me- first I didnt like them because they‘re hard to digest and structered in an unexpected way. It might be the same with the record!

True! Also, they were released in small chunks so that made the three singles easier to sit with. I'm going to have to listen to those middle songs more, and hopefully they click

:) 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

7 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:
  Hide contents

this is so pretty

Hide contents

[Okay…]

Don’t have to write me a letter

Cuz I’ll always be right here

Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

We love every hair on your head

Love you like God loves you

And you say that you’re scared

Might be unprepared for having the baby blues

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

Just know this is your song

And we love you

You name your babe lilac heaven

After your iPhone 11

“Crypto forever” screams your stupid boyfriend

Fuck you, Kevin

We love every freckle you have

We love you like God loves you

If you’re ever stressed out

Just dance in the night

If you get those baby blues

Baby blues

Baby blues

If things ever go wrong

And we love you

Pink slippers all on the floor and

Wolf in that sofa(??) the door

It’s as close as well get to the dream that they had

In that one night, 60s

And Jason is out on the lawn and he powerwashes

Everytime things go wrong

If youre stressed out, just know

You can dance to your song

‘Cuz we got you

If you get the blues

Baby blues

It’ll live on and on

Way past me and you

If you get the blues

Baby blues

You’ve got all to choose (?)

So there’s nothing to lose

And we love you

So, don’t have to write me a letter

I’ll always be right here

Closer to you than your next breath, my dear

I totally wonder the connection between this song and cherry blossom

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

The new Thunder is an eargasm oml

Spoiler

I haven't managed to listen to it yet - and I might try to resist until next Friday actually! - but could someone vaguely describe the unreleased songs in terms of sound and style? I'm quite confused by what I've read so far lol! For example, is BBS experimental? That Fiona Apple comparison intrigued me a lot. Are the lyrics of these songs confessional like the officially released tracks?  

Spoiler

I’m sorry this will offend people and I will get hate, I think this is a beautiful record but it is underwhelming and lacklustre in parts, the writing seems to lack flow on some songs. It’s definitely far from a Magnum Opus and I’d probably put it last below COCC in her discography. That doesn’t mean to say it’s bad I just don’t really feel the album as a whole and it’s a little boring quite frankly, apart from BBS and Arcadia and thunder, WW. If anyone thinks this is better then Norman or Ultraviolence I dunno what to say tbh, Honeymoon is way better even.  

So I’d say this is a 7.0 for me.  It’s just got this slowness to it that I find it hard to listen to as whole without losing interest, I just hope she does something different and has heavier production on the next record. I really wanted a Rock Candy Sweet fuck you with some trap and heavy beats record… and we got COCC 2.0 ?  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance