Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

so on Genius it says Owen Pallet (!!!) did the string arregement for thunder? is this confirmed?

thunder was the only one of the older unreleased tracks i hadn't heard before today and i loooove this version (still haven't heard the demo)

Some thoughts now that i’ve finished the album.. 

Spoiler

- first of all omg i was lowkey a bb/ww hater but they sound so good in the context of the album.. incredible!

- bbs AMAZING i’m so glad she didn’t call it grenadine quarantine/if this is the end.. tho those titles were cheesy asf

- if you lay down w me is maybe one of my favorites i’m geeking out.. major uv vibes methinks

-violets for roses and beautiful?!:?3& i’m in love - beautiful is such a great ballad 

- i can’t lie - i like the demo of thunder better just because it’s got that lsp/arctic monkeys vibe - i miss the guitar and the choir being more prominent, but the new version is so beautiful and makes so much sense on the album, so it’s really nice to have both versions

- also dealer is an absolute screamer serve but wbk

overall… bb is now in my top 3.. idk who she’s replacing but!

also.. this is exactly how you add leaked songs to an album, they all fit so nicely and they really add to it - i kinda hope she does it more in the future!

Spoiler

I caved in and listened to it, god...

SO SO GOOD:lange:

I didn't expect to love Thunder so much, because I remember listening to the very first leak of it and finding it to be quite boring - this reworked version might be one of my favourites from her

BBS is so chaotic but so good

Violets for roses, Beautiful and Sweet Carolina are just sooo beautiful, in love with the production

Also Dealer is a serve

This album, NFR and UV are now my holy trinity:trisha:

edit: also the released tracks, especially WFWF, got even better within the context of the album. Still not into Text Book tho, feels like the only song on the album I'm not connecting with

5 minutes ago, nacreee said:

so on Genius it says Owen Pallet (!!!) did the string arregement for thunder? is this confirmed?

thunder was the only one of the older unreleased tracks i hadn't heard before today and i loooove this version (still haven't heard the demo)

Yes, it's in the credits page.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Now that most of us have heard the Blue Banisters version of If You Lie Down with Me, is anyone else really curious to hear the Ultraviolence era version(s) of that song? I'm pretty sure the one on the album is a newer rework, since Drew Erickson is credited as a producer and co-writer. 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

3 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Now that most of us have heard the Blue Banisters version of If You Lie Down with Me, is anyone else really curious to hear the Ultraviolence era version(s) of that song? I'm pretty sure the one on the album is a newer rework, since Drew Erickson is credited as a producer and co-writer. 

I'm guessing it's pretty acoustic, laid back, à la UFB, 90% sure

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Listened a second time and

I actually love this so much? #FlipFlop 

:bebe::toofloppy:  It really requires another listen, preferably when you are alone and aren't outside doing things.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Listened a second time and

Hide contents

I actually love this so much? #FlipFlop 

:bebe::toofloppy:  It really requires another listen, preferably when you are alone and aren't outside doing things.

Spoiler

Same sis, same :trisha:

some thots after my first listen...

Spoiler

BBS and Dealer made me cry genuine tears because they're just SO GOOD. Arcadia is so beautiful, straight out of a Disney soundtrack. i almost cried during that one too. IYLDWM is another stunner track. the trio made me laugh bc its thematically out of place but her mind for that. it's SO iconic. i think my least fave song out of all of them would be CB and/or beautiful. but even then, they're still gorgeous tracks. the album really clicked w me on first listen. every track is amazing. i cant even dislike a single song. i'm deff putting it in my top 3 lana albums right under HM and UV. :true:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose