Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

I know we've had Nectar of the Gods for years, but it really is such an incredible song and it sounds remastered to me. So much more crisp and beautiful.

"What cruel world is this, nectar of the gods / Heroin gold in my veins, and you in my thoughts" is one of her strongest lyrics ever.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Spoiler

I truly DO NOT understand why they couldn't re-record the vocals for Thunder, or at least try to isolate them more instead of using the same take with the drums playing in the background for the first verse/chorus :toofunny: it's so distracting

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

9 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

the way your hands are everywhere on social media and i live for it. iconic behavior truly. :oprah3:

Truly the most surprising of thing, to me, about this interesting day. :oic:

Spoiler

Ok as with every Lana album, I caved and listened to the leak even though I said I wouldn’t.

It’s gorgeous. Every song is beautiful, zero filler. It is a cohesive body of work. It is better than any other album that any other popular artist has released this year, likely better than any album that is going to be released. It is going to be a grand slam with the critics. I love all of Lana’s albums, but there have only been three times in Lana’s career that gave me this feeling like she just released something monumental and important. The second time was when NFR dropped, the first time was when Video Games was released ten years ago, and the third time is today. I give this album 9.5/10 because there are a few moments when I would have made minor tweaks to the instrumentals or mastering, a few spots when I feel like the songs are starting to blur together, and a few lyrics that strike me as cliche. Overall, it’s a spectacular masterpiece album. Sweet Carolina is just beyond. Like she delivered this beautiful album, and then at the last moment she outdoes herself. She deserves all the acclaim and awards that are about to come to her.

My general impressions about the album

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:
  Hide contents

Why do I feel like you got a different leak than the rest of us lol :pout:

It’s in the last part of the song

Spoiler

Background vocals

41 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

So... we already have demos from the new songs? :toofunny:

Hide contents

Arcadia (Early Mix)

Beautiful (Early Mix)

Thunder (Early Demo)

Living Legend (Piano Mix)

Cherry Blossom (Demo 2) & (Demo 3)

Spoiler

The digital version or Beautiful is different?

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Just now, The Siren said:

so did anything else about this album leak since the cd rip? :creep:

i was wrapping presents for xmas :creep:

lowkey terrifying

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:
Spoiler

hold on... my "beautiful" is 4:55 wtf

Spoiler

mine is too... something stinks 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Just now, coldsparklingmountaindew said:
  Reveal hidden contents

you mean 3:35 .. right?

Explained above tho, but yes, 3:35(36) might be the "official" and the 3:53(54) is either fake (w added stuff) or idk what happened lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

so do we consider The Trio the cover of the album? 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Ultraviolencequeen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have a feeling from what y’all are saying is the cd version isn’t the version coming on iTunes in a week. Or y’all got two different leaks. Either way this is inspiring me even more to hold out till release day for perfect HQ flow . Dying to hear BBS tho. 

It's probably that tho

We got two different mixes for Arcadia, when it was released, so yeah

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif